brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
A gasket will only fix a small part of the problem. Hinges themselves are bubbling. On mine the door panels not near any hinge or any possible place where water could get in bubbled..
Band aid to get it to slow down until out of warranty period.
Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I am starting the lawyer route today. I need to clean my hands of this. I have spent hours and trying to get everyone together to get this resolved and Jeep and the dealer do not want to talk to each other and I am just getting the run around from both sides which is sad. I contacted Jeep and opened a case and they said that the dealer only submitted 3 photos. one of the odometer and 2 of my hinges so the $1500 is to fix the hinges. The dealers qoute from their 3rd party auto body shop estimate is for $7k since the bubbling is on all the doors, hood and back door. I contacted the auto body shop and they sent me the 40 pics they took with circles and details on the pics. They said they did not take a picture of the dash and odometer so that must be the dealers pics. Jeep customer care told me that if the dealer just submitted the pics it would be approved for the whole amount, so I went down to dealer to explain that to them and they stand by the fact that they sent everything and submitted everything and there is nothing more that can done. So I am in the same position of Jeep telling me the dealer is wrong and the dealer telling me Jeep is wrong. Beware of Paramus Jeep Chrysler in Paramus, NJ on RT4. Doing research I found that they have a really bad reputation of screwing their customers over and I completely get that vibe when I am there. I really regret buying my Jeep there. I went other dealers and talked to other service managers and they explained that they do not take warranty paint work unless you bought the car from them. So they take care of their own customers and they all said that Paramus Jeep where I bought my Wrangler has the reputation of not doing that. Live and learn. Never in my life would I ever think getting something covered under warranty so difficult to get fixed.

I attached the pics that the auto body shop took and gave to the dealer. they are very detailed and you can see how bad it is and why I am so frustrated that the dealer and Jeep are doing this to me.

I have been dealing with Alex Vargas at Paramus Jeep at Rt4 and he never called me once the whole 2 months they had my Wrangler and has not been willing to help me at all. His advise to me was to go try and get it fixed myself and get Jeep to pay for it. Thanks Alex!! The crappiest customer service I have ever had and I am in the customer service business. If we treated our customers this way we would not have any customers.

My advice is to stay clear of this dealer. Do your research and find a dealer with a good reputation even it means a farther drive.

I will continue to give updates on the what the outcome is on the legal process and let everyone know who is going through what I am going through if it resolves the issues or not.

SHAME ON YOU JEEP AND PARAMUS JEEP CHRYSLER IN PARAMUS, NJ ON RT4!!!!!!
I started reading through this thread because I discovered bubbling around the hinges on my Mojito JL. It's my third lease through Paramus, though I honestly haven't been back there since they took care of my passenger seat airbag issue under warranty before COVID started. I do my own oil changes and service.

Anyway, I leased my '18 in July of '19 as a new vehicle, so I technically have a few months left on the bumper-to-bumper warranty. It's only got 18K miles, but 4 months left on the 3-year. After reading your horror story with them, I'm hesitant to go through them for any sort of claim. Ugh!

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
I started reading through this thread because I discovered bubbling around the hinges on my Mojito JL. It's my third lease through Paramus, though I honestly haven't been back there since they took care of my passenger seat airbag issue under warranty before COVID started. I do my own oil changes and service.

Anyway, I leased my '18 in July of '19 as a new vehicle, so I technically have a few months left on the bumper-to-bumper warranty. It's only got 18K miles, but 4 months left on the 3-year. After reading your horror story with them, I'm hesitant to go through them for any sort of claim. Ugh!
Hi

Believe corrosion warranty is 5 years/100,000 miles

Regards,
Jim

Jestapilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I have had a corrosion claim in since July 2021. I'm still possibly 6 months out on the list. Every other dealer I've called won't fix it because I didn't buy the jeep there. All the dealers claim it's not the body shops fault that jeep only accepts so many corrosion claims a month. I want to sell my jeep bit feel like I'd take a loss beavuse every single hinge is corroded. Anyone have any suggestions? Am I stuck?

RJE2

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Hella Yella
I have had a corrosion claim in since July 2021. I'm still possibly 6 months out on the list. Every other dealer I've called won't fix it because I didn't buy the jeep there. All the dealers claim it's not the body shops fault that jeep only accepts so many corrosion claims a month. I want to sell my jeep bit feel like I'd take a loss beavuse every single hinge is corroded. Anyone have any suggestions? Am I stuck?
I just sell it most people donā€™t even notice the hinges have corrosion or trade it in. Sucks that Jeep has such poor service after the sale. Iā€™m having the same issues with my jeep Iā€™m waiting to see if theyā€™re going to fix it. The dealer just took pictures to submit a claim. My jeep even Bayley went outside in the rain I use it mostly in the summer and nice weather. itā€™s garaged all year round.

Sponsored

spenat

First Name
nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sting grey JLUR
Clubs

just got mine back after 10 weeks

all hinges , hood, 4 doors and tail gate

looked good at quick look, but got home and notes some bubbling on the hood under the rubicon stickers

so annoying

cbmjeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito and 03' Rubicon
I have been to 3 dealers since buying my 19" JLRU and every one of them keeps taking pictures and saying they will call and nothing. I have paint bubbling now on my hinges and has been on several doors. I bought my Jeep in Oregon and then moved to Michigan and then back to Ohio. Ohio dealer said last November, Performance Jeep in Centerville Ohio, he was backed up and could not do any paint warranties until after 1st of the year. He never called me back or responded to any of my messages. The next guy I saw for my steering box replacement got an ear full and apologized 2 weeks ago and said he would track down the service manager that took the pictures and get things rolling. I just called him and he gave me a friggin bullshit story. I don't care if you don't have an onsite body shop. Take pictures, call Jeep and them to authorize the repair and get me scheduled. Erwin Chrysler in Tipp City said the same thing. Wish I could help you , but don't have a body shop! I have 42, 000 miles on it now and had to pay $50 out of own pocket because they didn't fix my steering in November when under 36,000 mile warranty. They replaced the steering box and it still pulls to the left. Their customer service sucks!! Rant over!! @JeepCares I need help please.

Last edited:

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
As detailed by this forum, this is a very prominent issue at this time!
How is everyones dealer handling this issue?
They've handled it horribly. I've been waiting over a year at this point and every time I ask for an update they get annoyed with me.

RJE2

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Hella Yella
Maybe itā€™s time for a class action lawsuit since jeep and itā€™s dealers do not want to remedy this know issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: OBD

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Maybe itā€™s time for a class action lawsuit since keep and itā€™s dealers do not want to remedy this know issue.
While I am typically about as anti-lawyer as one can get, In this instance, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of guaranteed extended warranty implemented.

We all know Wranglers are severely overpriced to begin with and having an ongoing manufacturer introduced paint defect is particularly unacceptable as it can substantially affect the units resale value.

I know what you are thinking, Wrangler resale is about as good as it gets, I'm thinking the same thing, but as this issue becomes more known to the general public it will be one of the queries potential uaed Wrangler buyers ask.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Just looked at my '20 JT and I see there is a spot like these on my bottom hinge for my front passenger :( I have an appointment for my ESS (yes I like my ESS) to be looked at on Wed, I'll bring this up too.