Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Very interesting. I remember another company that developed a kit for the TJ way back in 2004-ish. It performed pretty well in the twisty stuff. I imagine that with your app you can inflate one side of the Jeep higher in order to sidehill a slope better.
It was a little earlier. They are still around, but I'm not cluttering a vendor thread with another.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL/2021 Jeep JT
Short throwback video from last year's Jeep Beach. Anyone on here going this year? We'll have some of our vehicles there and customer vehicles as well, in case you wanted to check out the kit in person.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Does it come with 22's and an Angry Jeep grill?

mikeferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Diesel
At this time we are not planning to offer the kit without shocks. The shocks that we offer with the kit are custom tuned for our air spring kit. We have tested some other brands of shocks off the shelf and they have not performed as well as what we are currently using.

The sensors are reading in real time. I have attached a page from our installation manual for the height sensors with pictures. There is a toggle in the app where you can turn off the automatic ride height mode which disables these sensors and you can still use the system manually via the app or wired touchpad

1649784089714.png
Will there be ways to attach the sensors to round control arms like Metalcloak? Also what kind of issues would there be from using control arm drop brackets like they also make?

Sponsored

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
Will there be ways to attach the sensors to round control arms like Metalcloak? Also what kind of issues would there be from using control arm drop brackets like they also make?
We have had customers use round aftermarket control arms. At that point they were not able to use the measurements that we provide in the directions and had to fine tune the sensors by moving them until the proper range was achieved.

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
Some footage from testing our air suspension kit at Bull Creek Reserve.

Sponsored

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
If I had the money to spend, this is one of the ideal pairings I'd like to make with the vehicle's own CAN-IHS bus and CAN-C bus that we've been hacking on.

We could continually read the state of the vehicle (using a microcontroller or our Raspberry Pi) to adjust the ride (and the load) in real time. We've already got real-time access to the vehicle's own yaw/pitch/roll sensors, steering wheel position, driver force upon the steering wheel, turn signal status, vehicle speed, ABS and brake data, per-wheel suspension feedback... there's a lot of very clever things that can be done just with that.

I'd love to see if we could pull enough location data from the uConnect radio, because even if we couldn't fully decode it, we could still identify known spaces in the real-world where we'd want the suspension to go into a pre-programmed behavior (parking lot, for example).

So many neat things can be done if you can pair this product with what the vehicle is constantly broadcasting about itself on the CAN networks. It'd be a crime NOT to integrate!

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Do you mind a few product tech questions out here in the forum? (If not, we can go to PMs.)

AUTO-LEVELING:
Does auto-leveling require level ground, or does it automatically compensate for terrain?
It leveling based upon ride height, or does it use a different mechanism like load leveling? Or both?
Is auto-leveling constantly active throughout the drive, or only while it is being adjusted?

ADJUSTING RIDE SOFTNESS vs ADJUSTING RIDE HEIGHT:
Are both factors adjustable? At the same time?
Is there any dependency between these two factors?
Or does ride softness not play into this at all?

ADJUSTMENT SPEED:
Are adjustments always made at the quickest possible speed?
Do the solenoids allow for variable airflow (even if the controls do not provide access)?

APP VS WIRED CONTROLLER:
Features aside, any major differences in the way the system responds between the two?

Thanks!
Sponsored