Cloth seats do not come with rear trench cover

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The one someone just posted from Mopar you get everything for only 162.40 and that has the floor and back of the seats and the gap piece too
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yeah...good question. Neither can I. I'm happy to have the full cover, makes throwing a dirty bike in the back a non-issue. But I haven't seen any cargo area only mats yet, other than universal/cut-to-fit versions.
How close would the rear cargo piece be that i have now for my JK if i kept it and try to put it in the JL ?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
why is the 82215656 AB only for the cloth seats why wont it work for the leather

OP
OP
Jimmylats JL

Jimmylats JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ willys, 2018 rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
why is the 82215656 AB only for the cloth seats why wont it work for the leather
Not sure exactly, but the trench cover that comes with that kit is also carpeted to match the interior of the Jeep, so I'm assuming that's the only reason. Don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for a leather interior, other than you don't need the part since it came stock with the leather option.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
If I had a dog or wanted a swimming pool yeah I would use that. I just want the flat rear cargo piece that's all I need guess I'll order the one that comes behind the seats and cut it off. I don't have my JL yet it's been ordered what is behind the seats the second set of seats what's the material there ? It's not leather too is it on the back of the second seats

OP
OP
Jimmylats JL

Jimmylats JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ willys, 2018 rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
If I had a dog or wanted a swimming pool yeah I would use that. I just want the flat rear cargo piece that's all I need guess I'll order the one that comes behind the seats and cut it off. I don't have my JL yet it's been ordered what is behind the seats the second set of seats what's the material there ? It's not leather too is it on the back of the second seats
the same carpet that is in the cargo area is on the back of the seats.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
the same carpet that is in the cargo area is on the back of the seats.
That's what I figured thank you for the info. Then I'll just been 129 and Order the 822-151-85AC for only $129.00 from Quadratec and cut off the piece that goes behind the seats unless I can use the one from my JK. does anyone know if that'll work from my JK that I had the cargo mat that one in the rear ? I don't care if it goes all the way to the sides I'd rather have a perfect fit

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
I posted this in another thread regarding the lack of a gap cover for cloth seats - this kit included the bolt down bracket, trench cover, and full cargo mat https://www.moparpartsdeals.com/oem-parts/mopar-mat-kit-cargo-82215656ab

For what it's worth, the cargo mat flaps that cover the gap don't work well on their own because the rubber isn't stiff enough to stay vertical against the seats when in the upright position. They kind of droop down, so you really need the actual trench cover that has boards/springs to keep things neat. I'm sure you could devise your own system, and it's annoying as hell that FCA cheaped out and didn't include this basic part with the cloth seats...but that's the situation.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/gap-hider-for-cloth-seats.8293/#post-185393
The top one included the track and the plastic mopar cover kit w/ gap cover??

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I'm not thinking right now what is that track for in the back I can't remember ?

Sponsored

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the 82215656AB kit included all necessary parts for the cargo mat. That means the metal bracket that bolts to the seat mount on the body, the trench cover that clips into said bracket, and then the rubber mats that cover the back of the seats and the cargo area. NO - this does not include the metal track (Trail Rail System), as far as I know, no one has that yet.

XtremePunesher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 XTREME JLU
Occupation
Architect/Builder
I am in the process to install everything my JLU, I have cloth seats and the only part i am missing is floor pan hider other that its good to for installation.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes, the 82215656AB kit included all necessary parts for the cargo mat. That means the metal bracket that bolts to the seat mount on the body, the trench cover that clips into said bracket, and then the rubber mats that cover the back of the seats and the cargo area. NO - this does not include the metal track (Trail Rail System), as far as I know, no one has that yet.
So that silver rack in the floor that's something you can buy that slides up and down to store stuff in there I'm not interested in in ever using that so I don't care if I cover that up I wish I had a cargo mat that would cover that all the way side to side I guess the one in my JK won't work would it
Sponsored