Sponsored

Suspension sagging due to added weight - spacer lift or.....?

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
The +44 is correct actually. I saw something earlier showing+37 but I’m thinking someone was wrong! I’m running +20 offset and have about 1” of poke and zero rubbing.
You're right near what AEV claims to be the safe limit of +25ET, though there are other factors of course.

The smallest wheel spacer out there for the JL is 1.75", which would push my wheels WAY out. Visually, I don't like that. Is that a pill I should just swallow and be done with it to enable myself to get the AEV kit? IDK.
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
You're right near what AEV claims to be the safe limit of +25ET, though there are other factors of course.

The smallest wheel spacer out there for the JL is 1.75", which would push my wheels WAY out. Visually, I don't like that. Is that a pill I should just swallow and be done with it to enable myself to get the AEV kit? IDK.
I would not do spacers if you don’t want the poke. I’d change LCA’s.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
On the fronts they are mostly straight from factory and the tires rub when at full lock which is why they want more backspace. If the LCA are changed they are moved in/up so when turning you don’t hit it. I have stock rear LCA so not 100% on those, but I imagine aftermarket ones do same.

**edit** looks like rears are the same up/into help with clearance. At least Synergy.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

@DadJokes has a source for quality 1" spacers, might shoot him a PM for info on them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the fronts they are mostly straight from factory and the tires rub when at full lock which is why they want more backspace. If the LCA are changed they are moved in/up so when turning you don’t hit it. I have stock rear LCA so not 100% on those, but I imagine aftermarket ones do same.
Gotcha, makes sense. I'm still not convinced my 33s would hit the arms at all, regardless of lift, but that's a bridge I'd be willing to cross if I came to it. I have the longer Mopar arms on right now, probably with hilariously high caster with this squatting I have going on haha. If I need adjustables, that's ok.
I'm more curious about the "rear right swaybar endlink contacting the wheel" issue. Having to do spacers or buy a new set of wheels/tires would be pretty $$$.

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DadJokes has a source for quality 1" spacers, might shoot him a PM for info on them.
That can't possibly work without grinding the OEM studs. I have sources that have manufactured spacers of various sizes for me in the past for sports cars that I've talked to already. They can do anything from 11mm up to however thick I want, but anything under 1.75" requires OEM stud modification. I'm not willing to cross that bridge yet.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)

I wouldn't get spacers under any circumstances. Venturing far from stock offset wears ball joints, upsets the scrub radius, and increases forces going into the steering.

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't get spacers under any circumstances. Venturing far from stock offset wears ball joints, upsets the scrub radius, and increases forces going into the steering.
Yeah I hate spacers. Definitely not what I want to do visually or mechanically. I'd probably burn 2.5k on wheels/tires before spending $300 on spacers, not that I want to do either.

Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Attached is both sides. I guess it is likely to rub rear sway bars, but it would be tire only in my case at least. I’ve never had any issues when flexed out so I’m assuming there hasn’t been any damage.

B1792796-F75E-45E7-9A97-D6C60C47E43E.jpeg

2CC6FED7-8B74-4919-8AFE-2B323A336D41.jpeg

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Attached is both sides. I guess it is likely to rub rear sway bars, but it would be tire only in my case at least. I’ve never had any issues when flexed out so I’m assuming there hasn’t been any damage.

B1792796-F75E-45E7-9A97-D6C60C47E43E.jpeg

2CC6FED7-8B74-4919-8AFE-2B323A336D41.jpeg
What make/model lift is that? Doesn't look like AEV (Company that said it would have fitment issues there). If you're on a rubicon, your axle is also wider and wouldn't have this issue.

Part of me just wants to say fuck it and order the AEV and see what fits and what doesn't. I know that could be a rabbit hole though.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
What make/model lift is that? Doesn't look like AEV (Company that said it would have fitment issues there). If you're on a rubicon, your axle is also wider and wouldn't have this issue.

Part of me just wants to say fuck it and order the AEV and see what fits and what doesn't. I know that could be a rabbit hole though.
If you went with the AEV, could you use the Mopar 2 inch lift rear links instead? Or do the triple rate springs flex so much that anything would hit? https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-sway-bar-end-link-wrangler-jl-mopar-lift-68306982AA

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
My recommendation is to install the Old Man Emu Springs as indicated by OME representative.

Adjustable links are cheap.

Avoid wheel spacers.

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)