Sponsored

Cloth seats do not come with rear trench cover

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Wowwww $115 for the gap cover lol... definitely glad I got leather, though totally agree that it's ridiculous that the cloth seats don't come with it. I wonder if for $115 you get the bracket to attach the gap cover to as well, or if it's just for the cover...
I'm wondering that as well. No one has been able to locate a separate part for the bracket, so hopefully it's both.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Wow, I really thought that the back seat would have laid down flatter than that. Looks like a dead body it under those mats. I guess there is no way to sleep in there.
Now that is as funny as
Wow, I really thought that the back seat would have laid down flatter than that. Looks like a dead body it under those mats. I guess there is no way to sleep in ther Now thats some funny shi# you just said about a body under there.And it really does look it has a body under there LMAO ! I do think they could have made it lay flat. come on man !

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Ok, what am I missing? The Jeep Performance Parts Rear Cargo Mat goes up the back of the seats. Doesn't this act as a trench cover?

CB9EA032-428F-4396-8201-B42A3A93F236.jpeg
I never slept in my JK. But how do you sleep in there if you need to ?

Reepijeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2008 Mercedes CLK550
Ok, what am I missing? The Jeep Performance Parts Rear Cargo Mat goes up the back of the seats. Doesn't this act as a trench cover?

CB9EA032-428F-4396-8201-B42A3A93F236.jpeg
Wish someone who knows would answer you! I guess maybe you need to attach the mat to the trench cover. Perhaps it covers visually without but would give way if a dog stepped on it.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I noticed you have those Jeep bags a lot of people are buying are they really worth like $140 that just seems like a lot for some bags what y'all's opinion

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Wish someone who knows would answer you! I guess maybe you need to attach the mat to the trench cover. Perhaps it covers visually without but would give way if a dog stepped on it.
@simpleJL did reply that you’re supposed to attach the mat to the trench cover. Really cheap of Jeep to not include the trench cover with the cloth seats. Apparently FCA is selling them for $140.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

yz kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL RUBICON
Anyone know if part # 6JX46TX7AC includes the mounting bracket?

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
@simpleJL did reply that you’re supposed to attach the mat to the trench cover. Really cheap of Jeep to not include the trench cover with the cloth seats. Apparently FCA is selling them for $140.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
I ordered the cargo mats with gap cover for $160. Part 82215656AB. Shipped yesterday from AllMoparParts, should be here soon.

OP
OP
Jimmylats JL

Jimmylats JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ willys, 2018 rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, just got the trench cover for my JL. This does not come with the bracket needed to install the trench cover!!!! I will post the part number later this evening needed along with the trench cover part number. I ordered from the dealership and the trench cover cost about 180 and the bracket needed was 25 dollars. The bracket mounts to where the rear seats are bolted to the floor. Should be an easy install.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Ok, just got the trench cover for my JL. This does not come with the bracket needed to install the trench cover!!!! I will post the part number later this evening needed along with the trench cover part number. I ordered from the dealership and the trench cover cost about 180 and the bracket needed was 25 dollars. The bracket mounts to where the rear seats are bolted to the floor. Should be an easy install.
So your saying you are going to have the fold down cup holder like the leather seats have on the cloth seats now ?

OP
OP
Jimmylats JL

Jimmylats JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ willys, 2018 rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So your saying you are going to have the fold down cup holder like the leather seats have on the cloth seats now ?
No, the cup holders are part of the leather seats, You will have the trench cover and the bracket. I also did a search and if you want the mats that go in the back as well, there is a cheaper option to order the whole kit. Wish I have seen this before I ordered. I have the dirty dog cargo cover for my jeep though. I like it better than the mats as it covers the whole entire area in the rear. Search the forum for cargo kit and if you want to look at the dirty dog cover, I ordered it from quadratec.

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
I posted this in another thread regarding the lack of a gap cover for cloth seats - this kit included the bolt down bracket, trench cover, and full cargo mat https://www.moparpartsdeals.com/oem-parts/mopar-mat-kit-cargo-82215656ab

For what it's worth, the cargo mat flaps that cover the gap don't work well on their own because the rubber isn't stiff enough to stay vertical against the seats when in the upright position. They kind of droop down, so you really need the actual trench cover that has boards/springs to keep things neat. I'm sure you could devise your own system, and it's annoying as hell that FCA cheaped out and didn't include this basic part with the cloth seats...but that's the situation.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/gap-hider-for-cloth-seats.8293/#post-185393

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
No, the cup holders are part of the leather seats, You will have the trench cover and the bracket. I also did a search and if you want the mats that go in the back as well, there is a cheaper option to order the whole kit. Wish I have seen this before I ordered. I have the dirty dog cargo cover for my jeep though. I like it better than the mats as it covers the whole entire area in the rear. Search the forum for cargo kit and if you want to look at the dirty dog cover, I ordered it from quadratec.
I just want the rear floor cargo mat like we had on the JK. I don't need no Gap or back of the seats I can't find anywhere where I can just buy the mat floor piece

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
I just want the rear floor cargo mat like we had on the JK. I don't need no Gap or back of the seats I can't find anywhere where I can just buy the mat floor piece
Yeah...good question. Neither can I. I'm happy to have the full cover, makes throwing a dirty bike in the back a non-issue. But I haven't seen any cargo area only mats yet, other than universal/cut-to-fit versions.
Sponsored