Sponsored

Gupton roll call and updates on 2022 orders.

feldmanilya

First Name
Ilya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi a8
Interesting on financing. I am supposed to pick my Willys up next week and Walter wouldnt give me a % when I asked what they were offering. He just told me it was “competitive”. Several people have mentioned using penfed on the forums. Looks like they are offering 2.99% for 72. They also weren’t that interested in my low mileage 2019 JLR as a trade in (which is fine) but it just complicates the process for me. still trying to figure out the financing route.
I had a competitive financing quote from DCU @ 1.99. Trying to decide if I should go with Gupton financing and get 1% incentive but at 3.99 and then refi with DCU at 2.24 or go directly with DCU from the beginning...
Sponsored

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2022 Rubicon
Best experience ever with Daniel and Renee. To be honest I will not buy another car if I cannot get it from them. They are an asset to Stellantis.
This is what I came her for - Just started the process and both responded yesterday. It was after hours when I saw the messages so sent build information today and hopefully can get the things rolling on a Rubicon quickly. Glad to hear it went well

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a competitive financing quote from DCU @ 1.99. Trying to decide if I should go with Gupton financing and get 1% incentive but at 3.99 and then refi with DCU at 2.24 or go directly with DCU from the beginning...
Same - I haven't ordered yet but doing trying to do some basic math to see if it's worth financing w/ them vs. my own credit union. Similar rates at CU is 2% - I'm not a math guy but using basic auto loan calculators on line tells me you're better off at your CU but I guess it depends on how much overall you will be financing and what's easier for you paperwork wise.

JeepM0M

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
Interesting on financing. I am supposed to pick my Willys up next week and Walter wouldnt give me a % when I asked what they were offering. He just told me it was “competitive”. Several people have mentioned using penfed on the forums. Looks like they are offering 2.99% for 72. They also weren’t that interested in my low mileage 2019 JLR as a trade in (which is fine) but it just complicates the process for me. still trying to figure out the financing route.
Look into Carmigo to sell your current Jeep. Easiest process EVER!!!! I sold my 16 JKU with 61,5K miles and got 29K for it.

Sponsored

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
I was on the Jeep site yesterday and the rate was 3.43 or something like that. If I can pay cash for the whole thing I don't see the advantage of paying 3.43% to save 1%. That would be a savings of $500 but paying $1,700 in round numbers.

Mike8194

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
I picked up 2 weeks ago and rates offered were [email protected] or [email protected] for the 1% financing incentive. I would guess they are hirer today. At the time, PenFed was doing 1.99 and DCU was 1.79. I went with Gupton (TD [email protected]%) b/c I put down about 1/2 and intend to pay the loan balance off quickly. As others have mentioned, I don’t see rates going down in 6mos, so unless you plan on paying if off quickly, I would prob still go with a credit union.

Credit Union rates are also trending up right now. As of today, PenFed is showing [email protected]% and DCU is at [email protected]%. Chrysler Capital is up to [email protected]%. It has steadily climbed from 2.93% and 3.09%. The Fed looks to be continuing the interest rate hikes to quell inflation.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/04/05/fedi-a05.html

I drove my trade to Nashville and sold to Carmax in Madison, TN, then caught an Uber to Gupton. CarMax paid significantly more than Carvana/Vroom were offering, and I didn’t have to work out transportation to Nashville.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I ordered on 3/29 and just for giggles I asked JC my status tonight. She said it was in the shipping stage! I went to clarify with her and she said "Oops, I mean scheduling phase". What I expected, but about leapt from my chair intially.
I'll bet. Not to be Dennis Downer but realistically you are looking at early to mid July.

Both my recent Wranglers took 15 weeks.

Hope for the best, but mentally prepare for the long haul.

Good luck

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Receive e mail from Gupton?
I did and I gave my deposit yesterday morning :)

So will they check with other lending insitutions for you or do you need to bring your own if you're not using theirs? That rate is high but would it be worth the discount and then refi after the 8th payment as stipulated by them? If you do refi does it count as a new car loan still? Never done that before, but then again I always leased and trying to get a lease price before it's there is... difficult.

Sponsored

snider.lindseyp

First Name
Lindsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass, 2022 JLU Willys Edition
Occupation
Teacher
Has anyone else traded in a vehicle with Gupton? How do their trade-in offers compare with CarMax, Carvana, Vroom, etc.?

I will be driving my trade-in down to TN and I will be looking for the best deal. I’d really hate to have to bring it back with my new ride.

My pick up date will be months away (fingers crossed for July), so it is hard to tell what will happen between now and then. I just don’t want to have too high of expectations.

I am trading-in/selling a 2018 Jeep Compass Sport! It’s been a great vehicle, just ready for an upgrade! 😄

I’d love to hear anyone’s experience and recommendations!

Paulysjeep

First Name
Pauly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep search
I did and I gave my deposit yesterday morning :)

So will they check with other lending insitutions for you or do you need to bring your own if you're not using theirs? That rate is high but would it be worth the discount and then refi after the 8th payment as stipulated by them? If you do refi does it count as a new car loan still? Never done that before, but then again I always leased and trying to get a lease price before it's there is... difficult.
Im not the best one to answer them questions, but I do know their are car loan calculators (on line) to figure some differences. I also know that not everyone gets the exact interests rates, they'll depend on credit scores, loan amount and also length of loan. Im uncertain of exactly how im going to finance also.

wings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 4XE
I'll bet. Not to be Dennis Downer but realistically you are looking at early to mid July.

Good luck
I would be happy with sometime in July - just hope its not longer than that. My wife got one using a broker earlier this year and it only took about 8 weeks, but have heard shipping to Gupton has been taking longer.

wings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 4XE
Assuming you qualify for Tier 1 with CCAP does everyone get the best MF rate or do you have to negotiate with Gupton? Forgot to even ask/clarify that when I placed my order and hate to bother Daniel

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Good luck
As a Bronco Order holder for over a year, I've learned plenty about patience - I'm working with Gupton now on a Rubicon and hoping to place an order today. Maybe I'll see it this summer (fingers-crossed)
Sponsored