Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
Waxoil is a rust undercoating. There is plenty of salt and other crap up here. For some reason they charge triple in mass so I go up to NH. I did it on my truck and if I get a year extra from it it's worth the cost. It goes on like a gel and dries to a hard wax consistency. It's supposed to be self healing if it chips.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What do you mean struggling, just curious?
Well for starters they tried to order me load range E KO2's, after I have them the part number for load range C and told them very specifically what to order.

Then we got the right tires, and I brought in the wheels, and told them to install the new wheels and tires.

They then proceeded to install the 35" KO2's on my stock wheels, and left my beadlocks in the boxes.

When I came to pick them up, obviously I was angry with them. I explained in detail exactly what they needed to do to fix the situation, and left again.

3 hours later, I get a call saying they can't do the job because they don't have long enough valve stems because of the way these wheels are designed. I tell them that these wheels use stock valve stems and there should be no problem, why are they having an issue with something so simple? They can't help me. So I get back to pick up my jeep and they tell me some other excuse and then they sent the mechanic to come tell me what the problem is. He starts talking to me like I'm an idiot, so I let them know I used to do this for a living and there is no excuse good enough. They then tell me that they actually just don't have any valve stems in stock at all at the dealership, but that their policy is to replace them any time they move TPMS sensors. (Which they should.)

I then laugh at the fact that they don't have OEM valve stems in stock at a dealership and they tell me they can order them for $23 dollar a piece but their parts store is closed. They then try to charge me $160 for the work that I never asked for; installing new tires on my stock wheels, and say to come back Monday after I get off work and they can finish. I tell them I'll be back Tuesday, and they take $45 off the price of mount and balance.

When I get home, I realize I'm missing 3/5 of my valve caps and one of the installed ones isn't mine at all. So I'm pissed. They also didn't even acknowledge the speedometer calibration which I had told them over the phone needed to be done. And, they should know that it is required given that only they can do it.

I come back Tuesday to get the job finished because I clearly hadn't learned my lesson yet, and they tell me to come back Friday. I tell the service manager that doesn't work for me, and that I am missing my valve caps. He says "oh I wouldn't know anything about that, I wasn't here Saturday." And doesn't even look away from his computer.

So I walk out to the shop and get them to give me my wheels and valve caps that they left laying around in the shop, and took them to a tire shop. I'm waiting now to pick it up from the tire shop, and I'm just going to live with the speedometer until I'm done hating the dealership or decide to buy a flashcal or tazer programmer.

ChrisTheGod

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha r6, Infiniti q60s conv, 2021 HYDRO RUBI
Can someone come in clutch and tell me how long it toke them to get there blue rubicon from koons might be ordering from them tomorrow.

Sponsored

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone come in clutch and tell me how long it toke them to get there blue rubicon from koons might be ordering from them tomorrow.

Thats my exact order, and it's been rough to say the least. My suggestion, check out Darcars someone posted they were able to give someone 5% under invoice.

MoesJLUR

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
just got word my Rubi is in the local train yard. No eta on release and shipping the 15 miles to the dealer. Does anyone know how long the dealer prep time is? thanks.

arjusmc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JL Unlimited Sport S
just got word my Rubi is in the local train yard. No eta on release and shipping the 15 miles to the dealer. Does anyone know how long the dealer prep time is? thanks.
My dealer told me a couple of hours. So assume 8 because they will have other things to do as well.

Sponsored

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Need some tire shine but here it is on 35’s w Rockstar 3’s (no lift). Thinking maybe getting the stars painted too??? Thoughts????

AB5D719C-585A-4A52-B77C-1F4261E1621E.png 764D2527-A481-4C22-BD3D-0C83A39E9F87.jpeg 5B06EEBD-9B32-4BA8-A309-0F683DCEF399.jpeg
Black stars are subtle, like Capt America’s star in new Avenger movie!

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
I'm on the fence to painting the stars. I think it's nice now as there is just enough blue in the rims to compliment the body. A spinning star may be too much. I have to admit the painted rims do look very nice!

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
Need some tire shine but here it is on 35’s w Rockstar 3’s (no lift). Thinking maybe getting the stars painted too??? Thoughts????

AB5D719C-585A-4A52-B77C-1F4261E1621E.png 764D2527-A481-4C22-BD3D-0C83A39E9F87.jpeg 5B06EEBD-9B32-4BA8-A309-0F683DCEF399.jpeg
Paint the stars!!!
Sponsored