Sponsored

What is the worst aftermarket thing you got for your jeep?

HeygirlHey

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Snazzberry Sahara Altitude (on order)
I'm glad for the robust aftermarket support for our Wranglers. That said, there are a few outliers, like the "Jammock", that seem more parody than functional.
I have an ‘Uplift Desk’ at work and they too keep trying to sell an under desk mounted hammock. For whom is the question! It also looks made for preschoolers. 😂
Sponsored

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
A shallow storage pocket intended for the space behind the front passenger's grab handle.
Inconsequential and of little use. GONE!

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Oh, poo. That brand of mirror appears identical to what I purchased to have on hand for a doorless experience in 2022. They're still new in the box, but of course my return window has long since expired. We'll see how it goes.
My friends all have varying designs, round, square, of the hinge-only mounted mirrors.

Hearing their horror stories, right as I ordered my Hydro, Jeep starting offering their Doors Off Mirror Kit. The weren't cheap @ $200, but they look stock and should be rock solid.

That said, the wife just informed me no doors of riding for her, so now I gotta buy Quadratecs tube doors and their OEM looking mirror kit.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My friends all have varying designs, round, square, of the hinge-only mounted mirrors.

Hearing their horror stories, right as I ordered my Hydro, Jeep starting offering their Doors Off Mirror Kit. The weren't cheap @ $200, but they look stock and should be rock solid.
Ugh. That reminds me of the reindeer games that FCA and now Stellantis continues to play with regards to option offerings during the course of a single model year.

Folks have asked me why I didn't add X or Y to my vehicle order; I have to explain how X and Y were only announced/released a month or 3 (again, during the same model year) after my order was entered and a VIN was generated.

The foregoing didn't bother me that much until factory half doors and soft uppers arrived on the scene, after my Jeep was already home and dry. That particular surprise still grinds my gears. Ah, well. Such is life.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ugh. That reminds me of the reindeer games that FCA and now Stellantis continues to play with regards to option offerings during the course of a single model year.

Folks have asked me why I didn't add X or Y to my vehicle order; I have to explain how X and Y were only announced/released a month or 3 (again, during the same model year) after my order was entered and a VIN was generated.

The foregoing didn't bother me that much until factory half doors and soft uppers arrived on the scene, after my Jeep was already home and dry. That particular surprise still grinds my gears. Ah, well. Such is life.
Was the same with block heater and AT tires, both unavailable when I ordered 12/16

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Was the same with block heater and AT tires, both unavailable when I ordered 12/16
The block heater, which I did add to my order, was available in early Sept. 2020 when my order was input at the dealer.

Given current logistical challenges in many industries, it's not surprising (if indeed a bit unfortunate) to learn that some options may or may not be available at a given point in time.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The block heater, which I did add to my order, was available in early Sept. 2020 when my order was input at the dealer.

Given current logistical challenges in many industries, it's not surprising (if indeed a bit unfortunate) to learn that some options may or may not be available at a given point in time.
I ordered the $85 factory heater on my Hella ordered in June 2021. I'm told it is not longer a factory option, but can be purchased and installed at the dealer. Pretty simple as I'm told it is a pocket type heater, so easy, non-messy install, but it's hell to get to, I hear.

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The worst things I have bought for my jeep is the large collection of stuff that I thought I needed or wanted, that there is nothing wrong with, it is just that I have changed my mind a number of times over the last that I have now wasted money on them. Especially applies to how I want to store things in the back.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I ordered the $85 factory heater on my Hella ordered in June 2021. I'm told it is not longer a factory option, but can be purchased and installed at the dealer. Pretty simple as I'm told it is a pocket type heater, so easy, non-messy install, but it's hell to get to, I hear.
If by "pocket type" you mean an engine coolant heater, installation usually isn't fast or clean. A plug on the side of the short block will likely need to be removed to accommodate fitment of the heating element, but only after the coolant is drained so that installation can proceed. The cost will be quite a bit more than $85 to have the work done. You might consider asking the dealer for an estimate before deciding if it's an expense you want to take on. That's why I added the heater to my factory order; it was a screaming deal.

Just an FYI.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is the worst aftermarket thing you got for your jeep? block heater example

Sponsored

DKD

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
I would have to say a stubby antenna.
The cool factor did not out weigh the lack of reception.
I gave it to a coworker, he still uses it years later.
One mans trash is another mans treasure.

I did like the fact I didn't have to remove the short antenna when going through the car wash.
If I don't remove the factory antenna at the drive though car wash I bounces off the windshield.

L06An_5

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Wheeler JLU
You should check out the Lange Coyotes! Super solid, can use the thumb screw, and I did a dot using silver sharpie on the mirror and the mount so I know exactly where to put it w/ no adjustment. They work great!
Langs are awesome..

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’m not sure about the worst but the most useless (for me) mod that I have is the dead pedal. I rarely ever use it.

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I bought gel arm rest where the base slides into the door where the window is. Not at all ergonomically comfortable, so it was trashed quickly.

Deleted member 59498

A shorter antenna from Amazon and now my radio reception sucks but it looks cool
Yep think many of us have ran into that. Fine if in town but few miles out and starts to static underpasses and such.
Sponsored