Sponsored

“Definitely not as capable as a solid axle Jeep Wrangler”

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
The new 3.0T I-6 will likely replace 392. The output numbers are there.

I can see 2023 JL getting a nicer interior, 360 cameras, a larger screen, blah blah blah.

I just hope Jeep pushes the envelop on the 4x4 front.
You think the I-6 will be available on the 2dr wrangler for 2023? I'm hopeful.
Sponsored

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
For everyone quoting my earlier post, I saw a second Bronco on the interstate this past sunday :giggle:

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
I think this was Ford's greatest mistake. They really came at Jeep strong, very obvious. Then had no product. So people ended up buying more Jeeps. Ford's marketing ended up being marketing for Jeep. They also went at it so strong that the Bronco ended up looking like the knock off.

"Hey look at that cool Jeep like vehicle, maybe itll take me out into the wilderness and I can start camping and adventuring!" 2 years later "Still waiting for the damn Bronco.... that Willys look nice".

In the end the Jeep offers ALMOST everything the Bronco offers, and still better. The hardtop is much better quality, the softop is outstanding, the solid axle delivers great street driving and the best offroad performance. The list goes on and on and on....
This is almost what happened to me. Then I heard what the wait time was and saw the dealer markup on the bronco. I witnessed the appearance of the soft top and got a good look at the interior.

I still think the 2dr bronco is a cool vehicle, but it's already starting to look dated in my eyes. Can't help to think that if they were BOTH new vehicles, everyone would be lining up for the one that looks like a ww2 vehicle....not a Ford Explorer from 30 years back.

I ordered a Willys.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
A Badlands edition parked next to me yesterday— OMG, what is that loose,wavy, wrinkled, poor fitting excuse for a soft top going to be like in a few years? And those flares look like slices of bender board stuck on as an afterthought! Other than that it looked absolutely meh, not impressed. I had a 69 that was a nice rig and a meh 89 so I ‘m not completely biased. My impression was “ The best they could do?”

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
You think the I-6 will be available on the 2dr wrangler for 2023? I'm hopeful.
I could see it as a concept vehicle, but I don't think they'd mass produce it.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
TFL has been gushing over Bronco nonstop. They were gushing over about it in its recent 2021 Winners & Loser video, with no mention of everything else that’s going on with it —the long waits, the markups, the reservation games, the freezing windows, Ice Mountain, the exploding engines...

Yesterday they uploaded a Bronco vs Bronco video. Roman was so full of unrestrained adulation he was making a fool of himself. It appeared as if a Ford intern had handed him the script. I watched the first 30 seconds and had to turn it off.

Something’s going on there. TFL is fast becoming The Ford Line.

I catch myself watching their channel less and less.

Last edited:

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. I used to like TFL, and still do somewhat, but you gotta take what they feed you with a grain of salt anymore.

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
"Hey look at that cool Jeep like vehicle, maybe it'll take me out into the wilderness and I can start camping and adventuring!"
;)

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
There's one thing mentioned that Jeep could learn from:

Hardtops were in short supply. Ford gave him the option of getting the soft top instead.

Get that? Ford let him know what was going to hold up his order and let him change it.
This was probably already stated, but Ford did not give them the option of changing it after a VIN was assigned. You had to make any changes prior to obtaining a VIN, same as Jeep. It just happens that Ford wasn't assigning VIN because they weren't building them very fast, so there are folks with a reservation almost two years old now, and an order placed over a year ago, that had to be re-placed that still haven't received a VIN. Also, Ford did that because they had a 100% recall on hard tops so only soft tops were available, and two-door Broncos are not available with a soft top, so two-door production ceased completely.

Sponsored

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
TFL has been gushing over Bronco nonstop. They were gushing over about it in its recent 2021 Winners & Loser video, with no mention of everything else that’s going on with it —the long waits, the markups, the reservation games, the freezing windows, Ice Mountain, the exploding engines...

Yesterday they uploaded a Bronco vs Bronco video. Roman was so full of unrestrained adulation he was making a fool of himself. It appeared as if a Ford intern had handed him the script. I watched the first 30 seconds and had to turn it off.

Something’s going on there. TFL is fast becoming The Ford Line.

I catch myself watching their channel less and less.

Let’s not kid ourselves, Roman is far from an intellectual by any stretch of the word. You can tell when his staff and his son become irritated with his complete lack of anything intelligent coming out of his mouth.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Let’s not kid ourselves, Roman is far from an intellectual by any stretch of the word. You can tell when his staff and his son become irritated with his complete lack of anything intelligent coming out of his mouth.
Yeah. Those father-son arguments get tiresome. And the fact that Tommy loves to argue with his dad for no other reason than , well because it is his dad, doesn’t help.

EMpunker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon V6
I'm starting to see a lot more in OC
Same here, seen quite a few around OC.

I like it, but still prefer my JL. And I just don't think the Bronco could do some of the trails I've done in my Jeep. It's too wide.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

This was probably already stated, but Ford did not give them the option of changing it after a VIN was assigned. You had to make any changes prior to obtaining a VIN, same as Jeep. It just happens that Ford wasn't assigning VIN because they weren't building them very fast, so there are folks with a reservation almost two years old now, and an order placed over a year ago, that had to be re-placed that still haven't received a VIN. Also, Ford did that because they had a 100% recall on hard tops so only soft tops were available, and two-door Broncos are not available with a soft top, so two-door production ceased completely.
Is there any reason for Jeep to assign a VIN so quickly? The only that I can think of is to lock buyers into what was initially ordered ASAP and to give them a warm fuzzy that they have something that they can somewhat understand.

If we didn't get a VIN so quickly then we could drop crap like the SOT-specific grab handles that apparently aren't being built. Or if the vendor that makes leather seats goes belly-up (resulting in a massive backlog) we'd potentially have the option of dropping things that, for most of us, aren't critical.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Without a VIN it can't be scheduled for build. I'm glad I got a VIN the day after my order went in. It couldn't have moved to the next stage, scheduling, without it. Ford doesn't issue a VIN right away because the vehicle can't be scheduled for production right away. Ford does issue a VIN as soon as the vehicle can be scheduled for build, just like Jeep does, when they can.
Sponsored