Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

American Adventure Labs MOLLE door pockets installed today as well. I’m not thrilled with how they attach (screws into plastic interior panel 😐) but time will tell. I may end up drilling them out for rivnuts in the future if they give me any trouble. That being said they match the red rubicon dash perfectly and look a hell of a lot better than the “full diaper” look of the factory door nets

57103685-1486-4CA1-818F-AB7BAFFF2573.jpeg

6BACC687-F55C-4FB1-B7EA-768385372EED.jpeg
Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
American Adventure Labs MOLLE door pockets installed today as well. I’m not thrilled with how they attach (screws into plastic interior panel 😐) but time will tell. I may end up drilling them out for rivnuts in the future if they give me any trouble. That being said they match the red rubicon dash perfectly and look a hell of a lot better than the “full diaper” look of the factory door nets

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 6BACC687-F55C-4FB1-B7EA-768385372EED

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeepeto III - JLUR XR (Xtreme Recon) Build Thread 6BACC687-F55C-4FB1-B7EA-768385372EED
probably a dumb question but it doesnt look like their is much room to put anything inside the pocket with those ? Ive seen a number of people complain about the mesh and have noticed mine do sag but its not a major issue for me at this time.

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR on 37s

How about regular rivets with a nice washer on the back?

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

probably a dumb question but it doesnt look like their is much room to put anything inside the pocket with those ? Ive seen a number of people complain about the mesh and have noticed mine do sag but its not a major issue for me at this time.
Not a lot of room in the pockets but they’re about as useful as they were with the OEM saggy nets, while looking better. My last JL was ruined when a water bottle was stored there for a road trip, the nets were trashed and had a persistent sag that never went away. Theoretically you could use MOLLE mounts or bags with these to add storage but I’ll likely never do that, I’m just happy to have a solution that should last, and hold small items

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Not a lot of room in the pockets but they’re about as useful as they were with the OEM saggy nets, while looking better. My last JL was ruined when a water bottle was stored there for a road trip, the nets were trashed and had a persistent sag that never went away. Theoretically you could use MOLLE mounts or bags with these to add storage but I’ll likely never do that, I’m just happy to have a solution that should last, and hold small items
cool thanks

Lndshk

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Hydro Blue, 2023 JLURXR Sarge Green
What a great build story! Definitely stealing some of these ideas. Thanks for all the details.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

What a great build story! Definitely stealing some of these ideas. Thanks for all the details.
Thanks man, and you’re very welcome. We’re enjoying the heck out of it. The weather is finally turning here in North Texas, I think we’re gonna yank the top off today for the first time this season. 🎉

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man, and you’re very welcome. We’re enjoying the heck out of it. The weather is finally turning here in North Texas, I think we’re gonna yank the top off today for the first time this season. 🎉
watchout, getting cold again next week a couple days LOL. I am so ready to rip the top off and put the half doors on.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

watchout, getting cold again next week a couple days LOL. I am so ready to rip the top off and put the half doors on.
No sweat with the harbor freight hoist 🤣

Good looking out though. She’s topples for now

Sponsored

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
We’re enjoying the heck out of it. The weather is finally turning here in North Texas, I think we’re gonna yank the top off today for the first time this season. 🎉
This may be a really, really dumb question: When we had our TJ Sahara we would pull the top often and add a canvas bimini over the front seats back. [retracted incredibly dumb question] Please forgive me–

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

This may be a really, really dumb question: When we had our TJ Sahara we would pull the top often and add a canvas bimini over the front seats back. [retracted incredibly dumb question] Please forgive me–
Bikini/bimini tops are awesome!

I don’t go that far, but I have a mesh sun shade that covers the front and back passenger seats on Jeepeto III. It sits low profile and stays on when we put the hard top on as well. Works great to keep from baking in the sun when rolling topless.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-xtreme-recon-build-thread.78317/post-1662792

Lndshk

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Hydro Blue, 2023 JLURXR Sarge Green
:rock: South Texas here so tops been off a couple times but the misses is looking for more opportunities

oceanbretzke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Ocean Engineer / US Navy Diver
Still reading your whole build but how much height did you gain with the MC? I am debating whether I want to switch out the suspension. Or just add some spacers or maybe the mopar 2” lift

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Still reading your whole build but how much height did you gain with the MC? I am debating whether I want to switch out the suspension. Or just add some spacers or maybe the mopar 2” lift
Depends what your starting height was.

With my XR it came with a 1.5” factory lift. After you take off the 1.5 OE lift and install the MC 3.5” I gained a measured 2” over factory. This should equate to a true 3.5” on a rubicon, and somewhere around 5-5.5” I believe on the sport/Sahara
Sponsored