Sponsored

And another one

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
So, the woman (mid 40’s, RN) who lives down the road traded her Range Rover on a new JLU with a dealer installed lift and very aggressive 35’s a couple weeks ago. She bought it OFF the floor, without even driving it😳. Anyway I’m out at the mailbox and she’s driving by and stops to talk. She says “ I know you’ve had Jeeps for a long time, do you like the way they drive?”. I say “ Yeah, I’ve driven them for years. I like them a lot because of their go anywhere ability and how easy they are to drive”. She then chimes up with “ I love the way they look, but mine drives awful, it’s noisy inside, its hard to hold in the lane, and is just a lot of work to drive”. I explained that Jeeps are different, that they’re not for everybody. I let her take the JL down the road for a drive and she came back and says “yours is so much quieter than mine, and doesn’t wander all over the road, how come”? We then had the discussion about aggressive tires and road noise and different heights of center of gravity. Long story short, this lady bought it because it looks good, with no idea of how it would drive, I really think she’d have been happy with a stock JLU Sahara, as it is, I suspect she’ll be trading vehicles and her “new“ Jeep will wind up on a used lot before long. I just can’t understand why anyone would buy a new vehicle, esp one very different from anything they’ve ever owned, without at least Driving it first. Makes no sense to me..
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
So, the woman (mid 40’s, RN) who lives down the road traded her Range Rover on a new JLU with a dealer installed lift and very aggressive 35’s a couple weeks ago. She bought it OFF the floor, without even driving it😳. Anyway I’m out at the mailbox and she’s driving by and stops to talk. She says “ I know you’ve had Jeeps for a long time, do you like the way they drive?”. I say “ Yeah, I’ve driven them for years. I like them a lot because of their go anywhere ability and how easy they are to drive”. She then chimes up with “ I love the way they look, but mine drives awful, it’s noisy inside, its hard to hold in the lane, and is just a lot of work to drive”. I explained that Jeeps are different, that they’re not for everybody. I let her take the JL down the road for a drive and she came back and says “yours is so much quieter than mine, and doesn’t wander all over the road, how come”? We then had the discussion about aggressive tires and road noise and different heights of center of gravity. Long story short, this lady bought it because it looks good, with no idea of how it would drive, I really think she’d have been happy with a stock JLU Sahara, as it is, I suspect she’ll be trading vehicles and her “new“ Jeep will wind up on a used lot before long. I just can’t understand why anyone would buy a new vehicle, esp one very different from anything they’ve ever owned, without at least Driving it first. Makes no sense to me..
She should install an exact center and some less aggressive tires, it might change her mind at least in on road manners. Maybe sound assassin and a headliner of some sort for the noise. I love how mine drives and sounds, I waited far too long to get one.

Wulfgott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PUNK'N 2.0L Turbo JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Meat popsicle
Happens every single day... that is where a good lot of vehicles that have less than 10K miles come from in used inventory. Along with early exit leases because it ended up not being what they expected.

Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
It's always sad when someone buys a vehicle that doesn't suit their needs. It's so much money. Of course it's her fault for not even test driving it, but still.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
She should do like said above with the exact center stabilizer, then add Mopar longer lower control arms and a good set of load range C all terrains.

Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I always tell prospective Wrangler buyers to buy one for fun, nothing else, don’t try and convince yourself it’s a practical vehicle because if you do, you’ll be disappointed.

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
Buy your new car from home. No need to go to a dealership. Take a virtual test drive. Pick one and we'll deliver it. Stay home stay safe...... :facepalm:

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
People just dont get the Jeep thing. The vast majority of mall crawlers are the first to sell too soon. After dropping $$$$$$ on it.
How true. A woman where I work bought a brand new JLUSS last year and within 3 months had it lifted 4", 37s, winch and bumpers, and a high lift jack on the front. Sold it a few months later because of the way it drove and poor gas mileage. I can guarantee it never saw mud let alone a dirt road. What a waste.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
How true. A woman where I work bought a brand new JLUSS last year and within 3 months had it lifted 4", 37s, winch and bumpers, and a high lift jack on the front. Sold it a few months later because of the way it drove and poor gas mileage. I can guarantee it never saw mud let alone a dirt road. What a waste.
I don’t see it as a waste, the price of Wranglers has skyrocketed in recent years. Good, low mileage used options are the best option for young people. There’s no better high school car.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
High school car? A year old Wrangler? At $45k? Seems a little crazy for a high school car.
Sponsored