Wireless carplay adapter for jeep wrangler

afroazkhan

First Name
zkhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
CarPlay was an absolute game-changer for me. I purchased a new jeep wrangler last year and it was a huge part in determining which car I chose. I’m glad someone figured out a way to get UX design decisions away from automakers who tend to make convoluted and clunky UI.
at the same time, I also bought a carlinkit 3.0 carplay adapter which comes from https://autokitcarplay.com/blogs/autokit-blogs/product-u2w-plus
Using this product. Only had it a week but so far so good.
Sponsored

MDawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe, 2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
CarPlay was an absolute game-changer for me. I purchased a new jeep wrangler last year and it was a huge part in determining which car I chose. I’m glad someone figured out a way to get UX design decisions away from automakers who tend to make convoluted and clunky UI.
at the same time, I also bought a carlinkit 3.0 carplay adapter which comes from https://autokitcarplay.com/blogs/autokit-blogs/product-u2w-plus
Using this product. Only had it a week but so far so good.
Do you hide the device behind the panel?

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I just keep my buried under the arm rest since there's a usb plug in that location

GO_RV

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara JLU
I have the same carlink 3 I bought from Amazon for $86
if you put it in a list and watch it for a while they always have discounts. Mine was $118 discounted to $86. Then it went back to $118 the next day
I put mine in the storage between the seats.
works great
it actually connects faster than my wife's in her Honda Pilot.
I like that you can have your streeming music from Apple displayed in the same screen as the radio.
worth every penny.
you can keep your iPhone in your pocket

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I put my Carlinkit in the slot right under the hinged USB dash outlet. Use a short USB cable with 90° ends (Amazon) and it's a perfect/clean fit.

The Carlinkit works as advertised except there sometimes is a lag (<30 seconds) in connecting.

Sponsored

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Does it use Bluetooth or wifi once everything has been set up? Their website shows both so it's a bit confusing. I have a dash cam that uses wifi so I couldn't be able to connect to both over wifi.

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual
Jeep Wrangler JL Wireless carplay adapter for jeep wrangler 24BD775C-16C6-4044-996B-FCE6EC767E76

It’s $91 today ($35 off).

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Does it use Bluetooth or wifi once everything has been set up? Their website shows both so it's a bit confusing. I have a dash cam that uses wifi so I couldn't be able to connect to both over wifi.
It uses Bluetooth to connect and then switches to Wi-Fi for the data transfer so it’s quick like a wired connection. However, the phone still shows LTE on the top instead of the Wi-Fi logo. So the phone still has internet through LTE while the Wi-Fi chip is used to send the data to CarPlay. I don’t think you can connect two devices to The phone’s Wi-Fi simultaneously.

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
It uses Bluetooth to connect and then switches to Wi-Fi for the data transfer so it’s quick like a wired connection. However, the phone still shows LTE on the top instead of the Wi-Fi logo. So the phone still has internet through LTE while the Wi-Fi chip is used to send the data to CarPlay. I don’t think you can connect two devices to The phone’s Wi-Fi simultaneously.
Thanks! You are correct, you can't connect to 2 wifi networks at the same time.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel

Sponsored

Anthony Belcastro

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I would rather pay $90 (sometimes there is a discount code where you can buy it at a lower price)at the official website store because I have had bad experiences at Amazon. If I have any problems then consult the seller and then they never get the problem fixed. Because they are just retailers, can not offer professional technology to customers. I usually ended up paying MORE because I had to buy a working product elsewhere.

My bad experience: Three months ago I went to Amazon to buy an adapter, it runs very well, but suddenly one day, it can't connect with my car, I send an email (which was written on the product page) to ask for help, But I find that the email was the official website store. I can't get the corresponding after-sales help because I don't have the order number from the official website, so I will return my adapter to Amazon. I have purchased one on the official website, I have to say that the official website's after-service is so nice. If you encounter problems in use, they will give you a corresponding solution, and they reply very fast (of course, the premise is that you are their customers😂)
(https://carlinkitcarplay.com/)
Sorry about my long story. Just hope that can help you guys avoid buying the adapter for Amazon.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I saw this device mentioned in another forum. It is a standalone device that runs Android 10 directly on your infotainment system. It allows for a sim card to be inserted directly or you can connect your iPhone wirelessly and use CarPlay through it in addition to the full-functionality of Android. I am seriously tempted to pick one up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...tle_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=salsbloofnot-20

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
thanks For the post - I picked one up on Amazon a couple of days ago.

One thing I didn’t think about was that now my phone isnt plugged in it doesn’t charge which can be a problem when running Waze 🙄

FYI - on Amazon there is a little coupon button near the price when you go to check out. It reduced the price to $86 for me.

Also, one of the reviews on Amazon had some great instructions on how to set it up so you don’t have issues. I followed this (not the manual that comes with it) and within 5 min it was up and running perfectly. Connects right up when I start the Jeep too.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wireless carplay adapter for jeep wrangler D8DF48D1-7872-4392-9750-CC1BAF8DCE86

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
One thing I didn’t think about was that now my phone isnt plugged in it doesn’t charge which can be a problem when running Waze 🙄
Yes, so a dash arm with a automatic self-closing holder with a cable plugged into the main power port. Waze and Spotify kill my battery on any length drive. But most of my drives don't require charging.

Hohnan

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW
I love the wireless CarPlay in my Silverado and would like that in my Jeep.

Anyone know of a company outside of a CCP controlled country that manufactures one?
Sponsored