Not open for further replies.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Those with the ridiculous lead times I give you credit for your patience. I could not (and did not) stand for that when I saw my order was going to be dragging out to 4 plus months. I told my sales guy no vehicle is worth that kind of wait so he offered to put in a new order removing two of the problem features. If all goes well I should have the new JL the end of May or early June versus end of June early July on the original order.

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Those with the ridiculous lead times I give you credit for your patience. I could not (and did not) stand for that when I saw my order was going to be dragging out to 4 plus months. I told my sales guy no vehicle is worth that kind of wait so he offered to put in a new order removing two of the problem features. If all goes well I should have the new JL the end of May or early June versus end of June early July on the original order.
Did he advise to remove some options to get it sooner if yes what?

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Did he advise to remove some options to get it sooner if yes what?
With my order I learned from Jeep customer service the trail rail management system was a problem, essentially on back order with the supplier with a potential recovery date of the end of May. After discussing with my sales guy, he offered to put in a new order removing the trail rail management system as well as the soft top window storage bag, both items that can easily be sourced through the parts department. My original order is still floating out there, however after 7 weeks never progressed past the "C" stage. The replacement order within two weeks went to D1.

My suggestion for anyone who is experiencing long delays is to work with your sales person as well as customer service and find out what is it that is causing the delays on your order. If it's happens to be a silly bullshit option you can live without or can easily be added after the fact, see if they'll put in a new order without that feature and hopefully order build goes much faster.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
Congratulations! Is it a boy or girl?
BTW... where are the cigars?

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Day 83 since order was placed...

Day 21 since JB...

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Ordered a 2 door, so it is a little misleading as they didn't start building them until April.

The dealer messed up the first order and that was a reorder, my original was like a week earlier than that even.

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Ordered a 2 door, so it is a little misleading as they didn't start building them until April.

The dealer messed up the first order and that was a reorder, my original was like a week earlier than that even.
Hence the reason I listed the JB delay.

All those people talking about how the H33 hold is nbd are LIARS!

(kidding, of course, but H33 for 21 days is a bit much)

Reactions: 008

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter

4 door Rubicon Day 80

Status
Not open for further replies.