First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Man... I'd be devastated if someone wrecked my ride 😔

Sorry for your loss 😢
I just finished an alignment, it doesnt look like any suspension based damage was done, but the tailgate has a weird rattling sound (different from before) and my door seems to close funny. Not sure how much damage is done still….

I heard fender clips were on back order, so not please with that.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@lalalofsky
You weren't injured, Ben; that's the important thing.
Fingers crossed that dealing with a .gov's insurance company expedites the claims resolution process, instead of slowing it down. Hopefully the offending driver doesn't attempt to gum up the works, too.

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
@lalalofsky
You weren't injured, Ben; that's the important thing.
Fingers crossed that dealing with a .gov's insurance company expedites the claims resolution process, instead of slowing it down. Hopefully the offending driver doesn't attempt to gum up the works, too.
He was pretty upset, told me they are going to make him pee…. Well, i told the guy i wasnt so much mad at him, more just mad it happened. He clearly didnt use his mirrors, or maybe he did and i was in his blind spot. I diff cover has chipped paint on it, not sure if its from the hit or not.

I hope i can get another wheel And tire lol, on the bright side i didnt flip when the guy pitted me.

I learned today i need more wood blocks or a bigger jack with me…

Oh and I learned that these things are tough. I got hit by the F550. So there’s that going for me

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...on the bright side i didnt flip when the guy pitted me.

Oh and I learned that these things are tough. I got hit by the F550. So there’s that going for me
I'm sure you're already aware that body-on-frame vehicles absorb the force of impacts in ways that can be less obvious than what we observe on unibody automobiles. You might consider having your Wrangler given a thorough once-over to determine if hidden damage has occurred.

USMCJL

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Jeep TJ, ‘20 Grand Cherokee, ‘21 Jeep Willy’s
Occupation
A320
i do like your Audi TT! Is that the 225HP or 185HP? I had one of those but it caught fire after the dealer's regular maintenance. I love that car.
Love that car. 2002 TT Quattro 225

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD
Replaced my rattle prone Ace tired carrier with a Teraflex Alpha HD spare carrier and mount. Spent a lot of time getting everything lined up correctly. Took a while, but I'm happy with it. I ended up making a shim by cutting up a metal shelf I had in my garage. Added the shim to kick the bottom inner mount (where the hinge meets the tub) out by just a little bit.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? A5A1CC64-0D55-419A-9941-8208101731F4
I’m putting this on now. Was it tuff to line up the driver side or did it sag relentlessly? I’m having some sag problems that I can’t seem to lift enough. Think a shim might help. Also, any problems with putting in the new door detent? I tried mine per the instructions and it bent in half! They’re sending me another. Rough day 😞

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Well, I found out that 2.5 inches of lift is barely enough on 35's and the factory rock rails can't handle the rocks so it's time to upgrade...Also looking for Dif. Protection now. Some of these rocks were st let 36 inches round. Last and most importantly, get a good spotter and LISTEN to them👍
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220206_113308

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I'm sure you're already aware that body-on-frame vehicles absorb the force of impacts in ways that can be less obvious than what we observe on unibody automobiles. You might consider having your Wrangler given a thorough once-over to determine if hidden damage has occurred.
I did a once over when i got home, haven’t checked my body mounts but my rear diff cover has the outer layer of paint chipped off around the pumpkin, and the swing gate has a metal on metal rattling sound, it drops down when i open it now and pops when i swing it back, im thinking some of the pinch welds are screwed up. Im trying to decide if my axle is bent, so ill have to get a measure of it compared to the front.

Jfk3674

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE Rubicon
For today:

- Installed MOPAR Steel Rubicon Front and Rear Bumper. Included the front skid plate and closeout panel, transferred my blue tow hook over from the plastic to the steel bumper. On the rear, installed the hitch receiver while replacing the rear bumper.

- Also installed the MOPAR spare tire relocation bracket and tailgate reinforcement kit.

Have to keep all mods with OEM equipment, so this was a pretty easy plug and play type of replacement.
Where did you get the bumpers from. I’m looking to do the same with my 4xe.