JL Soft top release date

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
I just had an online chat with Quadratec and they said that the standard top has tinted windows as well and they are expecting to be able to ship the standard tops on Friday.
Sponsored

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
I would say that would be dependent on a lot of factors. Is it on all year round or only spring to fall? What’s your weather like? Etc. The sail top on my JKU was on all year round for ten years. I live in the Midwest so all kinds of weather. It was leaking pretty bad when I replaced it with the premium soft top. The sail cloth material hadn’t failed it was the stitching that had given up and started the leaks. I would say ten years at least.

Navyav8tr

First Name
Charlie Pugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
I would say that would be dependent on a lot of factors. Is it on all year round or only spring to fall? What’s your weather like? Etc. The sail top on my JKU was on all year round for ten years. I live in the Midwest so all kinds of weather. It was leaking pretty bad when I replaced it with the premium soft top. The sail cloth material hadn’t failed it was the stitching that had given up and started the leaks. I would say ten years at least.
Thanks! I have the hard top on from late fall through early spring and then would switch to the soft top in the spring. This may work for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rafaelmcs

rafaelmcs

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Thanks. Are you getting the Sailcloth?

I just sold my JKU soft top last week (dual top from 2011). I have no idea if it was twill or sailcloth.
I've ordered the Sailcloth because I live in Toronto and I expect to use the soft top only during Summer and some days in the spring and autumn. I don't see any reason to pay $650 more in my case but if I was living in a warmer city I think I would buy the twill version....

melbyek

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S
Occupation
Retired
The soft tops are now pushed back until end of May for sailcloth, and June for twill. Sucks.

The Pooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ordered a Sailcloth from Quadratec April 11th. They advised they had two shipments coming in, but wasn't sure on what shipment my order would be fulfilled. The expectation was I should receive it by the second week in May unless they had issues with fullfillment. It's starting to get nice in the Northeast so hope it comes soon! I would recommend you get on the backorder list instead of waiting for full availability.

melbyek

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I ordered sailcloth April 10th, called today and they said they are shipping beginning on May 30, so we will see. We're leaving on our Great Western Adventure (TM) on June 5th, it's going to be a real bummer if we don't get the soft top by then.

Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
You would think they would be running 24 7 to get caught up on these soft tops. Everytime I look to see when shipping starts, its moved back again.

Navyav8tr

First Name
Charlie Pugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
I am thinking about just cancelling my order, roll with the hard top this season, and then order one next spring.

Ferlassonando

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
I ordered a Sailcloth from Quadratec April 11th. They advised they had two shipments coming in, but wasn't sure on what shipment my order would be fulfilled. The expectation was I should receive it by the second week in May unless they had issues with fullfillment. It's starting to get nice in the Northeast so hope it comes soon! I would recommend you get on the backorder list instead of waiting for full availability.
Hi Rafael,
qq, did you order yours through Quadratec? I am just checking the website and it says "pre-orders start shipping July 6". Could you please confirm to me it was through the website? Have you received yours yet? Thanks in advance!!!

The Pooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi Rafael,
qq, did you order yours through Quadratec? I am just checking the website and it says "pre-orders start shipping July 6". Could you please confirm to me it was through the website? Have you received yours yet? Thanks in advance!!!
Latest update was my order was pushed back to June 15th. But if the backorder list is long than July 6th may be the date for new orders. It doesn't hurt to call, their customer service is helpful.
Sponsored