Sponsored

RC 2.5” lift install question.

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The instructions are pretty bad. There’s some things you have to figure out on your own...like the bushings for the tie rod links and aligning track bar up front. Also, the pics are bad so it makes it difficult to see what they are talking about with each step. I called RC and he was surprised that I thought the instructions sucked.

Anyway, the drivers side rear sway bar link...
Does it attach to the outside or inside of the sway bar? When attached to inside it fits better on the axle mount, but the pic appears to show it attached to the outside.

It took two of us about 6hrs but if we had better instructions we could have done it in 4. The rear is much easier than the front.

Tips...
Make sure you jack the Jeep up high enough to be able to lower the axle enough to get the springs on.
The shock extension brackets with the slot in the bottom goes up front.
Get some good grease to use to put the metal sleeves into the supplied front swaybar links. The rears already had them installed.
Pay attention to the spring isolators and get the end coil into the slot on the isolator.
Don’t lower the rear too far as you’ll stretch the parking brake cable and an electrical connector to the differential which can be unplugged.
The instructions do not specify where to use the good grade 8 bolts. I just guessed. Seemed to work fine.
Sponsored

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
I agree, the instructions are pretty bad. I reused the stock bolts back into the holes they came from. Everything that was added, like the shock extensions and bump-stop spacers got new bolts from the kit. The pics in the instructions are small and have zero detail. Not a huge thing to figure out but it makes it difficult if there's a question on something...

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
The instructions are pretty bad. There’s some things you have to figure out on your own...like the bushings for the tie rod links and aligning track bar up front. Also, the pics are bad so it makes it difficult to see what they are talking about with each step. I called RC and he was surprised that I thought the instructions sucked.

Anyway, the drivers side rear sway bar link...
Does it attach to the outside or inside of the sway bar? When attached to inside it fits better on the axle mount, but the pic appears to show it attached to the outside.

It took two of us about 6hrs but if we had better instructions we could have done it in 4. The rear is much easier than the front.

Tips...
Make sure you jack the Jeep up high enough to be able to lower the axle enough to get the springs on.
The shock extension brackets with the slot in the bottom goes up front.
Get some good grease to use to put the metal sleeves into the supplied front swaybar links. The rears already had them installed.
Pay attention to the spring isolators and get the end coil into the slot on the isolator.
Don’t lower the rear too far as you’ll stretch the parking brake cable and an electrical connector to the differential which can be unplugged.
The instructions do not specify where to use the good grade 8 bolts. I just guessed. Seemed to work fine.
I thought the instructions were fairly good especially comparing them to other manufacturers. Check out the IKEA style instructions in the Mopar kit...
I've installed a lot of different kits though, so maybe it's just prior knowledge.

Sway bar links go on the outside of the swaybar. Trackbar should be lined up on the ground. Have someone push the body of the Jeep whichever direction you need to go in the rear and in the front have someone slowly turn the steering wheel to get the bolt to line up.

JLYaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
How did you reattach the rear track bar. Mine is probably an 3/4” away from lining up with the hole.

Sponsored

Nitrous1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
How did you reattach the rear track bar. Mine is probably an 3/4” away from lining up with the hole.
There is no reason to undo the track bar you only need to loosen it and re tighten at ride height the rear (and front) both have plenty of room with them still attached to remove/install springs. A small ratchet strap from the axle to the frame( if it's still in the air) will do the trick if you have it off.

JLYaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Does your sway bar disconnect still work after this lift? Mine does not disconnect.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Does your sway bar disconnect still work after this lift? Mine does not disconnect.
Did you put it in 4wd and just slowly drive forward? Sometimes just rocking the Jeep back and fourth the slightest is all it takes to connect/disconnect the swaybar once you hit the button(even stock)

JLsJL

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
Putting mine on tonight/tomorrow. How bad does it throw the alignment off?
Sponsored