Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
That is good to hear. I was thinking of dropping the money but will wait and see at this point and see how I like it.

I still think the 3.6 is a peppy engine with the manual, especially 3rd gear which is to me the power gear that you can get that tq and hp out of. I have never understood people saying it is wheezy or under powered. Can't wait to feel the Diesel.
I think the 3.6 and the 2.0 are great engines. I tested both, but they weren't for me. I just wanted low-end torque, and that diesel sound. It's not obnoxiously loud either, just loud enough that people walking by will know.
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I don't think I will be putting on a PetalMonster, or a Derringer. I am pretty happy with it as it is. Once I start towing an expedition trailer I might change my mind though. I am a pretty conservative driver. I am never in a rush.

I won't be going to Florida. I need a place to go camping! I am thinking the Dallas or Houston area. I need access to an employee pool that knows what they are doing. I am also thinking S.C. or N.C. since my biggest client is in S.C. I am not gonna start looking seriously until the end of April. My lease is up at the end of June. Fortunately it is just me and my son, and a few machines so it won't be too big of an operation.
I had them in my truck and enjoyed the boost, the stock 3.0 I test drove felt okay, it just needs the accelerator tweak in my opinion.

The Carolinas were beautiful when I visited, but it's been a while. I am newly settled outside Houston so I couldn't give you a good run down of where to move your operation. I see a lot of traffic from Bryan to Houston, somewhere along that route you probably couldn't go wrong. Heck depending on the job and pay I might throw my resume out there lol.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I had them in my truck and enjoyed the boost, the stock 3.0 I test drove felt okay, it just needs the accelerator tweak in my opinion.

The Carolinas were beautiful when I visited, but it's been a while. I am newly settled outside Houston so I couldn't give you a good run down of where to move your operation. I see a lot of traffic from Bryan to Houston, somewhere along that route you probably couldn't go wrong. Heck depending on the job and pay I might throw my resume out there lol.
I was stationed at Camp LeJune in N.C. and spent a lot of time up in the Blue Ridge. I love it there, and S.C. is fantastic too. If it wasn't for commitments I would move to the Utah/Idaho area.

The job is CNC machinist/programmer. It would be part time to begin with.

Deleted member 59498

I think the 3.6 and the 2.0 are great engines. I tested both, but they weren't' for me. I just wanted low-end torque, and that diesel sound. It's not obnoxiously loud either, just loud enough that people walking by will know.
Right on, when I bought my 20 JLUR manual 6 I thought it was perfect (bought right off lot for $45.6k). I didn't even know they finally dropped the 3.0 in the Wrangler which I wanted for 20 years. Well I had to get some equity in and now soon to have the diesel wrangler I always wanted!

Hope to get 46k to 49k would be awesome for trade in. Only 5500 miles because of working from home.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Western Carolina is beautiful. I grew up right next to the Eastern Tennessee border with NC. Right up next to the Cherokee National Forest. Amazing place, some of those old oaks you can't get 4 grown men around arms locked. Beautiful place. Miss it.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Good stuff Metal Dawg! How did your JLURD do in terms of DEF consumption? I know it's only been 2k miles, but I'm curious to know about the consumption.
Good question. I haven't added any yet. I don't even know how to check the level. I assume there is a screen that would tell me. I haven't had any regens either, but that is probably because I do not do a lot of city driving.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Western Carolina is beautiful. I grew up right next to the Eastern Tennessee border with NC. Right up next to the Cherokee National Forest. Amazing place, some of those old oaks you can't get 4 grown men around arms locked. Beautiful place. Miss it.
I have been to the Cherokee National Forest, it is beautiful. That would be a great place to grow up.

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
I almost have 400 miles on my 2022 and can barely get it to 22mpg LOL.
That's with me driving like a grandma going 65-70mpg on the freeway too.

I think the computer generated mpg is wrong though for some reason, I filled up for the first time yesterday since I was at half tank, 10.8gallons and about 280miles on the trip meter which is like 26mpg or so.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I almost have 400 miles on my 2022 and can barely get it to 22mpg LOL.
That's with me driving like a grandma going 65-70mpg on the freeway too.

I think the computer generated mpg is wrong though for some reason, I filled up for the first time yesterday since I was at half tank, 10.8gallons and about 280miles on the trip meter which is like 26mpg or so.
What I have noticed is that if you are idling a lot the MPG goes down fast. Like unrealistically fast. I don't think it is spot on on my vehicle either as the paper math gives me a higher number too. My daily trips have very few stop lights, etc. 26mpg is doing pretty good. Congrats!

Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
I haven't had any regens either, but that is probably because I do not do a lot of city driving.
The diesel will regen without telling you, so you’ve had at least a couple of them since you’ve owned it. The only way to tell if you are in a regen is if you have some sort of monitor that shows you, AKA a ScanGauge or similar. The guys that run those monitors say they get a maximum of 800 miles between active regens.

As for DEF use, you’ll use about 3% of your diesel consumption. The gauge is NOT linear and you are only guessing if you base your DEF use off the gauge. The only way to tell is to top it off and track the diesel use until you top it off again.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The diesel will regen without telling you, so you’ve had at least a couple of them since you’ve owned it. The only way to tell if you are in a regen is if you have some sort of monitor that shows you, AKA a ScanGauge or similar. The guys that run those monitors say they get a maximum of 800 miles between active regens.

As for DEF use, you’ll use about 3% of your diesel consumption. The gauge is NOT linear and you are only guessing if you base your DEF use off the gauge. The only way to tell is to top it off and track the diesel use until you top it off again.
That is good to know. Thank you!

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
and that's why I am buying my second diesel Jeep, only problem diesel fuel costs seem to be on the up swing lately
I’ve started watching diesel prices since I’m considering the swap from 3.6 over to 3.0… The prices are all over the place. Some gas stations have it middle of the road w/ 89 octane, some have it listed as more expensive than premium. Seemed like just a year ago it was in line w/ 87, so I don’t know if this is abnormal or if California’s tagged on even more taxes to diesel fuel.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I’ve started watching diesel prices since I’m considering the swap from 3.6 over to 3.0… The prices are all over the place. Some gas stations have it middle of the road w/ 89 octane, some have it listed as more expensive than premium. Seemed like just a year ago it was in line w/ 87, so I don’t know if this is abnormal or if California’s tagged on even more taxes to diesel fuel.
It is all over the place depending on where you are. The interstate prices are higher because they can gouge the truckers. California hates diesel. I argue diesel is better for the planet due to the use of DEF.

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Pricing seems to be around 4.75-5.00 for me in SoCal. You also have to look at if the station is selling Diesel #2 or B20 (which is a little cheaper), I specifically pump Diesel #2 as B20 seems to require higher oil change intervals as per the owners manual.

I was originally going to get a 2.0T and use 91 octane anyways so the different was not too great in fuel prices for me.

I wouldn't switch if you're worried about the extra cost in fuel (it's only like 5-8$ more per tank compared to 87) because your maintenance costs is also much more pricey compared to the 3.6L.
However, if those don't matter to you, I think you'll love the diesel if you switch tbh, especially going up and down the hill in Hesperia, it just keeps chugging along at under 2k RPM without downshifting lol. On trails such as Cleghorn offshoots, it just crawls in 4LO with barely any gas lol.
Sponsored