Sponsored

Just seeing if anyone is near me. Northern NJ ?

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Be cool to find some like-minded jeep people that may be down to find cool roads and routes to take. Maybe grab a beer someday and bs about jeeps!

Chris
Sponsored

GaryHug719

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Willys
Be cool to find some like-minded jeep people that may be down to find cool roads and routes to take. Maybe grab a beer someday and bs about jeeps!

Chris
Hi Chris, I'm in central eastern part of NJ (near Asbury Park). I tend to go south into pine barrens. Are there any good trails up north?
Gary

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
North Jersey here too, Bergen County. No real legal trails up this way that I've heard about, but I've been wanting to try to run the northern part of the Trans New Jersey Trail which starts off - though from my searches it seems sections of it were washed out/damaged with TS Ida and the flood waters. Still, a meet n' greet would be cool!

Edit: Forgot to finish my statement above, it starts at High Point State Park. I was researching the exact spot and got distracted LOL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Hi Chris, I'm in central eastern part of NJ (near Asbury Park). I tend to go south into pine barrens. Are there any good trails up north?
Gary
Hey Gary. Not to my knowledge man =(

I have been going up route 17 and just going to Warwick NY. That is a nice ride. Pop the top and at least enjoy some cool scenery. I'm also down to try pine Barrens but I'm going to keep it real. I'm not a real off roader. Lol I like the idea of some light trails or mud or sand but have no desire to smash up my lovely jeep on some rocks lol

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

North Jersey here too, Bergen County. No real legal trails up this way that I've heard about, but I've been wanting to try to run the northern part of the Trans New Jersey Trail which starts off - though from my searches it seems sections of it were washed out/damaged with TS Ida and the flood waters. Still, a meet n' greet would be cool!
Oh cool! Yea I am also in bergen County. New milford. That sounds like an interesting ride. I'll shoot you over my number and maybe we can work something out this fall!

Chris

Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Oh cool! Yea I am also in bergen County. New milford. That sounds like an interesting ride. I'll shoot you over my number and maybe we can work something out this fall!

Chris
Nice, I'm real close! Feel free to PM me here. Hopefully some more members chime in on this thread and we can set something up for local JL owners!

Kolkebeck

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon

Chris
Hi Chris,

I am in your backyard in Haworth. There are no legal trails in Bergen county. I have been heading out to Rausch and AOAA multiple times a year. A bit of a trek, but worthwhile.

Keith

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all! Have you guys gotten together for a ride yet? I just got back from the Pines/Wharton State Park area. No rock crawling there. Check out the multiple videos on Youtube for Pine Barrens NJ and Wharton State Park NJ. I was trying to find that little rock hill in one of the videos with the NY guys in Suzukis, LOL, with no success. I like more technical stuff over mud bogging but any day out is better than being on the asphalt! I plan to head West this summer and hit the trails in Utah, Colorado and Arizona.

Over twenty years ago, I went out with Long Island Off-Road a few times. They had a few Upstate NY locations. Check their website. I also joined NJ Jeep Association last month. Membership is cheap and they have a private forum. Check out their website too. They post impromptu runs and is scheduled to go out to AAOA at the end of February.

I also would like to go out with you guys if scheduling and timing permits.

G Zeke

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
PS. I was thinking of checking out Colliers Mill, NJ next Saturday (2/12)

bacon392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Rubicon 392 XR
Bergen county here. I don't go wheeling as much as I would like to, but I second AOAA and Rausch. I did a Jeep Jamboree last year at AOAA in a Gladiator on 37s and it was a blast. I used to go to the pine barrens with my JKs, but I really don't like running in water anymore...too many electrical gremlins.

Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Bergen county here. I don't go wheeling as much as I would like to, but I second AOAA and Rausch. I did a Jeep Jamboree last year at AOAA in a Gladiator on 37s and it was a blast. I used to go to the pine barrens with my JKs, but I really don't like running in water anymore...too many electrical gremlins.
I agreed with the gremlins. I backtracked a few times when the puddles were deep and side skirted a few areas. Spectators thought me being off camber was more dangerous than me going through water that was up to the floor board. What do they know! They dont drive a JL! LOL

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Have you guys looked at a place up by you called "Stag Hill"? I just saw a few videos on Youtube. Seems like fun.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Have you guys looked at a place up by you called "Stag Hill"? I just saw a few videos on Youtube. Seems like fun.
Way back (probably 20-25 years ago) a group of guys I used to hang out with at the local Dunkin' would go wheeling up in that area. They had Jeeps and full-size Chevy trucks. It doesn't seem "legal" but also doesn't seem like you're going to get hassled if you're up there. I don't know anyone that's been up there recently though to verify, and it looks like a place you'd probably want to go with someone who's been there before and knows what trails are friendly for stock or seriously modded Jeeps.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Way back (probably 20-25 years ago) a group of guys I used to hang out with at the local Dunkin' would go wheeling up in that area. They had Jeeps and full-size Chevy trucks. It doesn't seem "legal" but also doesn't seem like you're going to get hassled if you're up there. I don't know anyone that's been up there recently though to verify, and it looks like a place you'd probably want to go with someone who's been there before and knows what trails are friendly for stock or seriously modded Jeeps.
Thanks for the insight. I'll stay clear...

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation