Sponsored

Wiring through firewall

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Hi Guys,

Has any one passed and wiring through the RHD australian JL wrangler?
I need to wire up a light bar, I dont have the mopar auxiliary switch pack. All the US advise points to gromets that are covered by heat shield and not accessible on the RHD version.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
I didnt go through the firewall, but under the windscreen. I have my switchpros cable going from the engine bay then under the corner of the windscreen on the drivers side. Ive had no issues with this at all and it was super easy to do. So thats an option if you want to do that.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
I passed my CB radio antennae cable through the firewall. I removed the passenger side fender for access. Once you do this you will see a large rubber grommet with a big bunch of wires going through the firewall. Just below the wires was a small rubber tube about 2cm long (part of the same grommet). It was sealed but hollow. I cut the end off the tube and it revealed an opening which I was then able to pass the coax cable through with the help of some silicon grease. Just the right size for the coax cable. I then placed a small cable tie around this to help seal the cable. It comes through the firewall, high in the passenger foot well.

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I passed my CB radio antennae cable through the firewall. I removed the passenger side fender for access. Once you do this you will see a large rubber grommet with a big bunch of wires going through the firewall. Just below the wires was a small rubber tube about 2cm long (part of the same grommet). It was sealed but hollow. I cut the end off the tube and it revealed an opening which I was then able to pass the coax cable through with the help of some silicon grease. Just the right size for the coax cable. I then placed a small cable tie around this to help seal the cable. It comes through the firewall, high in the passenger foot well.
I just did the same. Like it was made for it :)

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
Pull the battery and you will see a rubber grommet available. Pierce through and with the glovebox removed and looking up under the dash you will see it. I’ve run my 12v for the air compressor through there.

Sponsored

Jdhun

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Pull the battery and you will see a rubber grommet available. Pierce through and with the glovebox removed and looking up under the dash you will see it. I’ve run my 12v for the air compressor through there.
Does this apply to the Right Hand Drive models as well? When I look under the dash all I see is the AC evaporator

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Does this apply to the Right Hand Drive models as well? When I look under the dash all I see is the AC evaporator
I went through high on the passenger side (left side) I took the battery out and pierced a grommet, managed to get the UHF cable through with a bit of mucking about. So yep, does apply to the RHD just a bit harder to get at when it comes through, it is closer to the A pillar so avoids the aircon stuff, pull the glovebox for a better view.
Sponsored