First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Did these dimensions work for everyone? The 2.5” sections make this so tight none of them fit. Would need to go 3.5” on those.
I recommend adding an inch to the sections. My doors fit, but pretty tight. I got the leather interior though. My buddy's doors fit just fine, he as cloth interior. We compared doors, they looks very similar, but Jeeps with a cloth interior do have slightly narrower doors.
Sponsored

Flieger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Yes I was told its hard to find the black noddle thats not cut on the side at all. So a guy was going to make me one but could not find it then i ended up going with the wall hangers by ARC and I really like the way they hold the doors on the wall

20190601_215435.jpg
Hi,
Are you concerned at all about the weight on the door seals?
Thanks!

Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Need help her please. What is the distance /required space between the pieces ?
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Hardtop and Door Holders 09C33D25-39E0-47CB-AEE6-BB6EA6FB058B

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Hi,
Are you concerned at all about the weight on the door seals?
Thanks!
No that's why these are made for that it doesn't put weight on the rubber seals it has a thin piece of steel that goes inside the door seal where it doesn't touch the rubber. if you buy wheel barrow hangers it will damage the rubber seals and your windows can leak in water. You can see here in the picture how that metal lip goes up into the window seal that's the correct way I know several people that use wheelbarrow hangers to save a few bucks and it put a indention in the rubber and their Windows leaked when it rained had to put in the doors on blackout corners for about 20 bucks by the time you buy wheelbarrow hangers versus you could have got the Arc door hangers

Screenshot_20220125-215958_Chrome.jpg

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Need help her please. What is the distance /required space between the pieces ?
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Hardtop and Door Holders Screenshot_20220125-215958_Chrome
I used these instructions:
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Hardtop and Door Holders 1643205621288

The 1x2 is 6" back from the front edge of the 2x4. It has worked okay there, but this year somehow my wiper sort of got hooked and it was a little twist to get the top free. I think in the spring I am going to move that bad closer, like 3-4" away. Its sole purpose is to keep the glass from opening while its resting on platform. Almost don't need it, as the edges of the window catch the supports.

The 15" back supports are 8" from the edges. Really doesn't matter, its just to make up for the angle so the top sits more vertical on the cart.

I hope this helps!

JoeDoc359

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
No that's why these are made for that it doesn't put weight on the rubber seals it has a thin piece of steel that goes inside the door seal where it doesn't touch the rubber. if you buy wheel barrow hangers it will damage the rubber seals and your windows can leak in water. You can see here in the picture how that metal lip goes up into the window seal that's the correct way I know several people that use wheelbarrow hangers to save a few bucks and it put a indention in the rubber and their Windows leaked when it rained had to put in the doors on blackout corners for about 20 bucks by the time you buy wheelbarrow hangers versus you could have got the Arc door hangers

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Hardtop and Door Holders 1643205621288
I have these and agree with you. They are great.
Sponsored