Ford Bronco Raptor Revealed : 400HP V6 w/ 37's

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That's the single ugliest off-road vehicle I've ever seen. It looks like a 1992 Jeep Wrangler Renegade with those horrible molded flares. Yuck. And that nasty looking grille. Ick. What is going on over at the Ford design studio these days? They've been turning out some horribly ugly vehicles.
Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I see Ford quietly added a crossbar on the roll cage after initially bragging about the openness of that area.
Yeah, and colored it black to try and hide it...

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Dana 44 front(Independent).
Dana 50 rear(Solid).
Maybe they addressed the issues with the front suspension. Hopefully, because a better Bronco, means a better Wrangler in the future.
A quick look shows the same tie rods. So no.

Sponsored

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
Yawn....Seems the new turbo I6 engine will be able to compete with this motor easily.

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Ooo another Raptor they’re advertising as jumpable like the first gen. When will we start seeing bent frames?

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Or when will we start even seeing gen 1 Broncos?
Ford is weird, it wouldn’t surprise me to see these on the road a lot quicker than Base Broncos.

Sponsored

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
The Bronco as a desert runner makes more sense than what they've been marketing it as up until now. I'm a fan of a Bronco you can jump, though I agree 400 HP seems a bit light
I guess they dont want to poach sales from the f-150 raptor? Something that Jeep and Ram get to avoid with the 392 and TRX.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Highs: 400hp, 37s, expensive Fox shock setup.
Lows: fenders designed by a drunk blind man, same steering rack that fails on standard edition, CVs at near max angle at ride height limiting droop, no hydraulic jounce bumps for a high speed attack set up.
Misses: They added a cross bar to the cage after bragging about how it doesn't need one. On a vehicle that was designed to have the outer sheet metal removed easily, they didn't design wider panels after stretching the width nearly 12 inches.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
WEAK???? If you read the article it is gonna be bad a** in its own right. I think Ford conceded they cannot compare with the Wrangler in straight off-road prowess, so they are focusing on IFS suspension strong suits. Desert Running and on road domination. The crazy takeaway I took from the article, is that it will be 10" wider than a standard Bronco. Would suck to drive on the majority of the trails we run down here in Florida. Just my two cents
If the clearance lights are not just for show, it'll be at leadt 80" wide. That's wider than a F250 and 6-7" wider than a JL.
Lots of trails in GA, NC and TN its not going down, but these are meant for wide open deserts.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
The flares are getting nearly Jeep like. I see Ford quietly added a crossbar on the roll cage after initially bragging about the openness of that area.
They talk about this in the press release, it was added for additional rigidity just for Raptor:
Jeep Wrangler JL Ford Bronco Raptor Revealed : 400HP V6 w/ 37's CB20DCED-DC61-497E-822D-4CC8C808826B

same steering rack that fails on standard edition
All the steering components have been upgraded.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ford Bronco Raptor Revealed : 400HP V6 w/ 37's 4D97ADEA-423F-495B-B942-6301C3FB1E88

I’m surprised more people aren’t excited about the Dana 50! No chance Jeep doesn’t use that piece of beef. Would be a perfect upgrade for the wrangler on 37’s and have it be bulletproof.
Sponsored