Sponsored

AugustWest

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2022 White JL Unlimited Sport Altitude
There’s a new Jan 22 dated Jan 17. Make sure you are checking the right one. Sports went up a few hundred rubicons went up a few thousand
Got it! I didn't see that one on the top of the post, I just opened the Jan 22 and the Oct21. Thanks for the info. Looks like mine with the options went up about $1000. I'll be calling my dealer today to make sure that I'm locked into the old price, otherwise I will cancel and order somewhere else that will give me a better deal. Since I'm new to this, I pretty much agreed to the MSRP without any discounts. I wish I wouldve done a little more research before I ordered, otherwise I probably wouldn't have ordered from my local dealer to begin with. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Got it! I didn't see that one on the top of the post, I just opened the Jan 22 and the Oct21. Thanks for the info. Looks like mine with the options went up about $1000. I'll be calling my dealer today to make sure that I'm locked into the old price, otherwise I will cancel and order somewhere else that will give me a better deal. Since I'm new to this, I pretty much agreed to the MSRP without any discounts. I wish I wouldve done a little more research before I ordered, otherwise I probably wouldn't have ordered from my local dealer to begin with. Thanks for the info.

That's where I'm at, question is will they refund our deposits? Seems like it's mostly Chapman getting the bad rap, but I'm wondering if this was all anticipated. Getting deposits to fill an allocation then half the buyers cancel before their Jeep arrives leaving the dealer with tons of custom orders they can upsell over msrp. Meanwhile keeping deposits..?

tpaxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, JLR
That's where I'm at, question is will they refund our deposits? Seems like it's mostly Chapman getting the bad rap, but I'm wondering if this was all anticipated. Getting deposits to fill an allocation then half the buyers cancel before their Jeep arrives leaving the dealer with tons of custom orders they can upsell over msrp. Meanwhile keeping deposits..?
AFAIK Chapman is not asking for deposits. How are getting to keep them?

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSX, RDX, 97 Miata, 22 JLUS
FCA is absolutely genius. Take 70,000 Jeep Wrangler orders at one price. Deliver ~10,000 of them and then raise the price ~$2000 on the rest stuck in the queue. Leaning on their language on the POC:

"The prices and equipment shown on this priced order confirmation are tentative and subject to change or correction without prior notice. No claims against the content listed or prices quoted will be accepted. Refer to the vehicle invoice for final vehicle content and pricing. Orders are accepted only when the vehicle is shipped by the factory."

Reactions: AFD

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
AFAIK Chapman is not asking for deposits. How are getting to keep them?

I didn't order from Chapman, on my other post on the other thread I stated that maybe Chapman is able to raise prices because they didn't require deposits.

Sponsored

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
FCA is absolutely genius. Take 70,000 Jeep Wrangler orders at one price. Deliver ~10,000 of them and then raise the price ~$2000 on the rest stuck in the queue. Leaning on their language on the POC:

"The prices and equipment shown on this priced order confirmation are tentative and subject to change or correction without prior notice. No claims against the content listed or prices quoted will be accepted. Refer to the vehicle invoice for final vehicle content and pricing. Orders are accepted only when the vehicle is shipped by the factory."
Exactly right, after waiting many will just pay the $2k (depending on options). Some of us, like me are tied with a deposit.

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSX, RDX, 97 Miata, 22 JLUS
Exactly right, after waiting many will just pay the $2k (depending on options). Some of us, like me are tied with a deposit.
My salesperson just notified me that I'm locked in at the prior price, so there is some hope for humanity!

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I cannot imagine them not refunding a deposit when the price changed. If Jeep raised all prices $10k, how many people would really have to rethink their purchase.

Sponsored

CARDIACARREST84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Pinto
Occupation
Janitor
Why is Chapman so unwilling to take a deposit and do a locked in price protection? If Stellantis allows all other dealers to offer price protection then I don't understand why Chapman wouldn't do the same.

Hard Rock Jeep

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR HR, 2022 JLUR 2.0, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I spoke with my Gupton sales rep, Walter Lee, (615) 384-2886, about a JLUR diesel I have on order and he says they are still doing price locks.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Why is Chapman so unwilling to take a deposit and do a locked in price protection? If Stellantis allows all other dealers to offer price protection then I don't understand why Chapman wouldn't do the same.
Chapman backed down from that position.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Backing down from their no deposit, no price protection policy? Meaning they are now taking deposits and offering price protection?
That's what they posted in another thread re price protection but I'd get it writing if I was dealing with them. Still no deposit required.
Sponsored