Lol, Jl breaks down during review

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Mine didnt last 24hrs before it went from "pick up and go" to "push gas and nooooo"....engine light on and it was downhill from there complete with misfires. Service said it was stuck intake valve.... I thought that happens after emission problems on older vehicles.... not one with under 50 miles. Soooo I gave it back to jeep for fear of engine damage and future problems. Very happy in my 2nd jl.... drives like a dream! Just like people, most are good, but theres always a bad seed or two!
Was the stuck intake valve in the Recon in your profile pic or a JL?
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
lol yea I saw that.

The internet is a wonderful thing in many ways, but gosh if this isn't a perfect example of how it can create unnecessary mass hysteria.

I loved reading one of the comments on the video: I'll NEVER buy an FCA vehicle again.

Yea, pal? Well, because of the wonders of the internet, I can easily point you toward videos and accounts of any auto company's new vehicles failing. Are you never going to trust them, as well?

Hope you're good at riding a bike lol

...wait... probably some bike videos out there, too.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
A few JLUs early on did not make drive home and had same flashing off and on display. The reviewer hit on Fail Rated lol. This level of quality is not gonna cut it in mountains
Not going to cut it in Hawaii whilst trying to outrun the lava flow ; call customer service as your Jeep explodes from the burning lava .

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
so i wonder how many of the thousadns built this stuff occurrs in? Or how many thousands of others have no issues? I am flying form san diego to Caldwell Idaho on thurs to pick up my new ride and drive it back from there, I was planning on some offorad excursions along the way like a few hundred miles worth. makes me a bit nervous! I am dpretty sure there won't be cell service any where out there ( south west idaho in the crridors that cut the Owyhee river wilderness) and up around silver city. alos downin Cal in the mazourka canyon area. Lastly i wonder if you can reset it by disconnecting the battery for 30 mins? any one know?

OP
OP
PavementWarrior

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Not going to cut it in Hawaii whilst trying to outrun the lava flow ; call customer service as your Jeep explodes from the burning lava .
lol, indeed. I had to flee in the night from massive wind driven fires in Northern CA, the videos you may have seen on TV did not capture the sounds of hundreds of explosions of houses going up (a gun store too, omg it was crazy).

You probably would also want a hard top too lol, 70 mile an hour winds with embers bouncing off your hood is scary stuff.
You definitely dont want a break down, esp with all the panicked people driving crazy to get out

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
lol, indeed. I had to flee in the night from massive wind driven fires in Northern CA, the videos you may have seen on TV did not capture the sounds of hundreds of explosions of houses going up (a gun store too, omg it was crazy).

You probably would also want a hard top too lol, 70 mile an hour winds with embers bouncing off your hood is scary stuff.
You definitely dont want a break down, esp with all the panicked people driving crazy to get out
And hard tops are useful when the zombies inevitably arrive
Sponsored