Sponsored

22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries.

kimmiet17

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep high altitude
I spoke with Jeremy today about what possible hold ups are with the 2022s they ordered. He said there are about 4 customer orders still waiting to be built. None of your options look like they would hold anything up? Maybe the delays have something to do with parts unique to the Altitude?

The good news is shipping should not take long to Ed Martin from Toledo once your Altitude is built. Fingers crossed for a speedy build and delivery soon!

More good news is you got your order in with Ed Martin while the discount was excellent. They are not going to discount as much going forward. They also will honor Affiliate and Tread Lightly for the extra 1% under invoice now that the program includes the 2022 Wrangler if it is valid when you take actual delivery. I am taking delivery tomorrow and they honored my Affiliate discount in addition to my original discount.

Who else ordered a Altitude back in Oct-Nov? How many other Altitude customers here on the forum are still waiting to go into production? Units that are waiting for parts to be gathered? Maybe it's something with the Altitude package? Maybe the Altitude leather seats if they are unique to the Altitude? I don't know? I am just guessing. I do wonder if Altitude specific orders are behind?
Mine is a High altitude and it’s been built since 12/22

Sponsored

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Hardbody; Bricknose Fummins
Ordered 11/3...Checked with JC yesterday and got the dreaded "parts are being gathered, check back in 2-3 weeks." :crying:

I have ordered the factory 4.88's and am figuring this is the culprit for the delay.

Wondering if anyone else with this option has received any good news (D1 status or better) or are we all in the same boat?

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Ordered 11/3...Checked with JC yesterday and got the dreaded "parts are being gathered, check back in 2-3 weeks." :crying:

I have ordered the factory 4.88's and am figuring this is the culprit for the delay.

Wondering if anyone else with this option has received any good news (D1 status or better) or are we all in the same boat?
Hi,

I too ordered 4.88's, although believe there was a 2 door who was in D1, maybe has an 1/10 eta, with 4.88's if I can keep all the tracking post square in my head, lol

No telling what the hold up is on lots of these builds, I ordered 11/29, pick a option that might be the delay:

Jeep Wrangler JL 22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries. Screenshot_20211203-201659_Office Mobile

Hopefully sometime in February was the estimated I got from my dealership

Regards,
Jim

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
If you are going based on cryptostickers, then those December order dates are largely wrong if a build sheet exists. I ordered in mid December and have a VIN with serial 155XXX. Now I don't know enough about the assignment of VINs to know if that means there have been 55,000 orders of Jeep Wranglers up to my order, but I decided to try to figure it out....

I'm not a fan of trying to figure out current production rates based on the small crytosticker sample.

I wrote a program to intelligently query the build sheet website based on publicly available Jeep Wrangler 2022 VIN combinations for EVERY serial number. There really aren't that many model, engine, and weight combinations for a computer to probe. Now I haven't run it for the entire current serial number range of 1-60,000+, but I did run it for serials 1-10,000. Build sheets only exist for 3,460 serials in that range. This does account for the many many people here with October orders that are still in D status. I did some spot checks on higher numbers and build sheet availability as expected gets scarcer as the serial numbers increase. When you get to 50,000+ there are of course no build sheets available there.

So basically if someone or crytostickers says they ordered in mid to late December and have a build sheet, much less a delivery, I'd say unlikely.

I still not able to answer my original question of are serial number continuous AND based on order date?

But based on available build sheets, I think it is possible that the Wrangler production line isn't running at its full clip of ~600 cars per day yet.
Keep in mind that production just started, then was shut down. Then during holidays I doubt they had full staff there on Monday and Tuesday. Now with the new strain of virus, likely are many out sick. We are lucky to see the production as high as it is now.

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe
Yeah, when I was in High School (76)I worked at the local Ford dealership and watched a man's F150 fall off the back of the carrier. It does happen.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hi,

I too ordered 4.88's, although believe there was a 2 door who was in D1, maybe has an 1/10 eta, with 4.88's if I can keep all the tracking post square in my head, lol

No telling what the hold up is on lots of these builds, I ordered 11/29, pick a option that might be the delay:

Jeep Wrangler JL 22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries. Screenshot_20211203-201659_Office Mobile

Regards,
Jim
There are thousands of parts that make up a Wrangler. One single part shortage can hold up the build. I remember years ago, someone's build was held up for 2 months at the 3rd party facility for a couple of Mopar options. The entire Wrangler was built but it was stalled waiting for some cosmetic Mopar accessories.

Sponsored

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe
Hi,

Regards,
Jim
Good luck, I ordered 10/8 and I doubt I see mine until March.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Keep in mind that production just started, then was shut down. Then during holidays I doubt they had full staff there on Monday and Tuesday. Now with the new strain of virus, likely are many out sick. We are lucky to see the production as high as it is now.
Yep. Toledo is doing much better than a lot of other car factories. Look at Ford. Some other brands have much longer delays as a result of the covid related shortages. Covid definitely is causing labor shortages in logistics also. There are probably tens of thousands of new built vehicles floating in cargo ships on both coast waiting to be unloaded and shipped.

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
There are thousands of parts that make up a Wrangler. One single part shortage can hold up the build. I remember years ago, someone's build was held up for 2 months at the 3rd party facility for a couple of Mopar options. The entire Wrangler was built but it was stalled waiting for some cosmetic Mopar accessories.
Hi,

Yeah that's my point, no telling what the hold up might be, maybe as simple as not building for the region you're in, I am north of Detroit so relatively close to Toledo, but may be last group to build for...

Hopefully the factory is past the 6+ month waiting game, as I sympathize with some of the people in 21 who really had a long wait.

Regards,
Jim

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSX, RDX, 97 Miata, 22 JLUS
There are probably tens of thousands of new built vehicles floating in cargo ships on both coast waiting to be unloaded and shipped.
I haven’t heard that roll on/off stock has also had ocean shipping delays. They are completely separate unloading from the cargo ships. My brother is on top of that waiting for his Porsche to be built. I don’t follow it closely though. Now parts/materials….definitely.

Mccorm67

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sahara
Those XR wheels look awesome. I can't imagine them not looking great on any color. I definitely would have ordered the XR package if it were available for the 2-door. Congrats to everyone who ordered the XR!
Can these wheels (or any others that Jeep offers on other models) be ordered through Jeep, or do you need to buy them aftermarket? Just curious
Sponsored