What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Dubv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU
@Dubv09

Dark theme.... Looks good. You need some black keyhole covers on that JLU. Those Diode Dynamics clear side markers on there look great!
Thanks! Yes, I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on some keyhole covers. I thought about black lug nuts but $160 just for lugs nuts seems silly.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks! Yes, I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on some keyhole covers. I thought about black lug nuts but $160 just for lugs nuts seems silly.
Well, indeed a set of black lug nuts would look good on there.... but yes, pricey... DO paint your muffler black if you haven't already... 8-) Your JLU looks good.... that dark theme...

Find quality black key hole covers at https://mythreedom.com/

jim00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You can get rubber/plastic covers from amazon instead of new lug nuts ($15). The benefit is they are a pain to put on and take off with so an additional theft deterrent. I'll try to post a pic when the whether cooperates.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
What did I do TO my Jeep today?
I disappointed him! 🙄 The Bimini top I ordered came today from Qtec. Unfortunately they sent me the wrong one. I ordered for a 2DR JL and they sent me one for a 4DR JK… called them up… they are sending the right one right away! They did handle it well! 👍 I guess I’ll do it TO my Jeep another day!

bmwbutch

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
You can get rubber/plastic covers from amazon instead of new lug nuts ($15). The benefit is they are a pain to put on and take off with so an additional theft deterrent. I'll try to post a pic when the whether cooperates.
Here's mine.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1022211140_HDR

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
The XR's do get the reinforced hinge system for the 315 size spare. Extremely stable. I am an engineer, and would glance at this and say it is quite adequate without even having to do calcs. Very substantial.
It’s just a thicker brace that spreads the weight across the gate, the hinges themselves are same old ones all Jeeps have, there’s no hinge reinforcement or load sharing plate across them.

Civil_Willy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Willys
Installed @ORACLElights Sidetrack lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E56A16B3-6CEB-458E-944C-37D67EE091ED

Easy install, though my old, fat body really had trouble contorting in the footwell for that connection.

There was a small gap at the top, toward the back on both. It was large enough that the tape wouldn't hold along an inch or two stretch. Nothing that a thin line of clear silicone couldn't handle, which I was thinking about adding anyway.
How are you liking the Sidetrack? Thinking of adding these since lighting along the side is next to nothing.

By the way - love the quote at end brought the whole movie back.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
How are you liking the Sidetrack? Thinking of adding these since lighting along the side is next to nothing.

I have them as well since about April of last year. They're nice. I suggest soldering vs using the T taps though.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport

I like them quite a bit. The white lights when you unlock your door on a dark morning are good and bright, and really lights things up nicely. And I do feel better having more visible turn signals as well.

Back in October, I replaced my halogen headlights with Oracle Oculus as well. I've been happy with both of them and am now trying to decide whether or not to round it all out and get their rear bumper reverse lights. I want them, I'm just not sure I want to take my bumper off, and I'm not sure my old and out of shape body will contort sufficiently for me to try installing them with the bumper still on.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...am now trying to decide whether or not to round it all out and get their rear bumper reverse lights. I want them, I'm just not sure I want to take my bumper off, and I'm not sure my old and out of shape body will contort sufficiently for me to try installing them with the bumper still on.
The thread intel on those particular lights suggests that the plastic bumper doesn't require removal to accommodate correct installation (although it's made a bit easier when the bumper is removed). I mention this because you have the Sport, which comes standard with plastic bumpers.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
installed the missing OEM crossmember to the undercarriage of my Jeep. For some reason FCA does not add this part to manual trans JLUR:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1642198430729

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1642214914778

Last edited:

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
installed the missing OEM crossmember to the undercarriage of my Jeep. For some reason FCA does not add this part to manual trans JLUR:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1642214914778
It's there on the 2 door manual (on my 2020 anyway) because I had to remove it to install my skid plate.