Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Do I need the tire relocation bracket if I have the steel bumper? For some reason I remember someone saying no.
It really depends on the "actual size" of the tires you are going with. I had a customer with a 315/70r17(Slightly smaller than a 35") and it BARELY fit... As in sitting on the bumper when closed. If the tire was .25" taller it wouldn't have worked.
Sponsored

JeepingKarla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Occupation
Mothetfucker
What shocks can I get to avoid using the extension brackets ? Do you offer any ?

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Received my lift today but now thinking of install myself. Unfortunately I would be doing this alone? Any reason I cant do this in my garage with the proper tools? Hate to get it apart and then need help.

Thanks.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Received my lift today but now thinking of install myself. Unfortunately I would be doing this alone? Any reason I cant do this in my garage with the proper tools? Hate to get it apart and then need help.

Thanks.
If you have all the tools I don't see why not. PM me if you need help, and I will give you my phone number.
You can txt me throughout the day if you get stuck.

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you have all the tools I don't see why not. PM me if you need help, and I will give you my phone number.
You can txt me throughout the day if you get stuck.
Greatly appreciate that man!

Sponsored

Nick80

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon & 2010 Jeep Commander
Can the bump stops be DYI modified to work for 37’s

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Can the bump stops be DYI modified to work for 37’s
The rears can easily be flipped vertical for 3", and the fronts order some 3" JK bumpstops or large fender washers and a longer bolt. Most of the JK bumpstops require you to drill a hole that Jeep conveniently pre-drilled for us on the JL. :like:

Nick80

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rears can easily be flipped vertical for 3", and the fronts order some 3" JK bumpstops or large fender washers and a longer bolt. Most of the JK bumpstops require you to drill a hole that Jeep conveniently pre-drilled for us on the JL. :like:
Are you running your 37 spare on the carrier?

GoGators353

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Just wanted to share that I did the install last weekend and while I have done a lot of work on cars, I've only lowered them, not raised them. That being said, the instructions included were the best I've ever come across and the install was pretty straight forward. That being said, it took be WAY longer than the 2-3 hours in the instructions but I was expecting that from this thread and having no lift access. I think it took me around 6 hours but it seemed longer because I had to drive afterwards so I wasn't consuming any beer, which really slows things down.

Most of the time spent was on the front, where I started, trying to figure out all the pieces and what I had to take apart. Then I wasted a lot of time raising jack stands and lowering the suspension to get the springs out. Once I figured all that out, the other corners went much quicker.

Ride seems really good and the steering was so so much better than stock with the stock AT Sport tires but once I put the Rubicon wheels and tires on, I was back to drifting all over the interstate, which blows. My wife is terrified to drive this because of the steering so I'm hoping RC steering stabilizer will help out but we shall see.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rough Country Suspensions

Rough Country Suspensions

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1998 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Sales Supervisor
Just wanted to share that I did the install last weekend and while I have done a lot of work on cars, I've only lowered them, not raised them. That being said, the instructions included were the best I've ever come across and the install was pretty straight forward. That being said, it took be WAY longer than the 2-3 hours in the instructions but I was expecting that from this thread and having no lift access. I think it took me around 6 hours but it seemed longer because I had to drive afterwards so I wasn't consuming any beer, which really slows things down.

Most of the time spent was on the front, where I started, trying to figure out all the pieces and what I had to take apart. Then I wasted a lot of time raising jack stands and lowering the suspension to get the springs out. Once I figured all that out, the other corners went much quicker.

Ride seems really good and the steering was so so much better than stock with the stock AT Sport tires but once I put the Rubicon wheels and tires on, I was back to drifting all over the interstate, which blows. My wife is terrified to drive this because of the steering so I'm hoping RC steering stabilizer will help out but we shall see.
The steering stabilizer may bandaid the wandering but it not a correct fix for what you are describing. I would take it to a legit offroad shop in your area and have them look at your alignment. You may need some minor caster/toe adjustment to get the driveability you are looking for. Steering/alignment that is setup correctly will not need a stabilizer at all.

GoGators353

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Thanks for the suggestion, I should find a specialized place. The day I bought this car, I left the dealer, got on the highway and immediately turned around and told them something was up. They went over it, drove it, etc and said it was normal Jeep. I read in the huge thread on here that your stabilizer helped the terrible drifting these have so I'm hoping it will help.

The steering stabilizer may bandaid the wandering but it not a correct fix for what you are describing. I would take it to a legit offroad shop in your area and have them look at your alignment. You may need some minor caster/toe adjustment to get the driveability you are looking for. Steering/alignment that is setup correctly will not need a stabilizer at all.

Mratner

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk sahara
I need your opinions. I'm hapy with the stock JL Rubicon tire size. You think adding the 2.5 lift will look good with everything else the same or will it feel too tall in contrast to the 33s?

Also my JK 2.5" lift was a teraflex with springs. I missed the factory smooth ride.

Does this 2.5 spacer lift affect ride AT ALL? I mean more than 2%. please be honest!

Thanks guys!

Nick80

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do I need to have an alignment after the install? I’m also planning 37’s at the same time.

mcclain

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - White
I need your opinions. I'm hapy with the stock JL Rubicon tire size. You think adding the 2.5 lift will look good with everything else the same or will it feel too tall in contrast to the 33s?

Also my JK 2.5" lift was a teraflex with springs. I missed the factory smooth ride.

Does this 2.5 spacer lift affect ride AT ALL? I mean more than 2%. please be honest!

Thanks guys!
I like the way mine drives with the lift, but that being said, I'm not going to blow smoke and say it didn't effect the ride at all. I will say though it isn't bad at all, and I actually prefer it over the factory ride. It isn't quite as responsive, but I would say 95% as responsive, it handles like a Jeep, but a much nicer version, head and shoulders better than the ride after a lift on the JK. I put the steering stabilizer in and I drive alot of Highway miles, so far I've been on about 5- 4 hour road trips since it has been lifted and I am still really pleased. Ready for the superchip to come out though.
Sponsored