Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Last edited by a moderator:

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
why such a high 0-60 were they on a dirt road?
Especially because Car and Driver got 4 seconds flat with the XR. That is quite the variance.

Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
How ironic! I was driving my white 392 XR today (Thor) and I pulled up behind a Bronco Sport that was kind of off blue in color, I think they call it the "Area 51" color. The Bronco....looked.... so.... puny. Like I could have carried it across my hood over a stream to be a gentleman. It was totally, and I mean totally in every sense of the word, unimpressive. The Bronco and Wrangler are two different vehicles. Especially when you compare the Wrangler 392 XR with a Bronco. There is no comparison.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
How ironic! I was driving my white 392 XR today (Thor) and I pulled up behind a Bronco Sport that was kind of off blue in color, I think they call it the "Area 51" color. The Bronco....looked.... so.... puny. Like I could have carried it across my hood over a stream to be a gentleman. It was totally, and I mean totally in every sense of the word, unimpressive. The Bronco and Wrangler are two different vehicles. Especially when you compare the Wrangler 392 XR with a Bronco. There is no comparison.
You sure you didn't see a Bronco Sport? I believe the Bronco is actually larger than a Wrangler.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
You sure you didn't see a Bronco Sport? I believe the Bronco is actually larger than a Wrangler.
It said "Bronco Sport" in white letters stamped in the metal across the back, unless it was an imposter. Like the people who used to put Mercedes emblems on the hoods of Oldsmobiles back in the day. The 392 XR is slightly bigger:

Bronco Sport: 173″ L x 74″ W x 70-71″ H

Wrangler Rubicon 392 XR: 188"L x 73.8W x 74.5H

But when you pull up behind a Bronco, it looks so much smaller for some reason. Not intimidating or impressive in the least.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
It said "Bronco Sport" in white letters stamped in the metal across the back, unless it was an imposter. Like the people who used to put Mercedes emblems on the hoods of Oldsmobiles back in the day. The 392 XR is slightly bigger:

But when you pull up behind a Bronco, it looks so much smaller for some reason. Not intimidating or impressive in the least.
Sorry - I misread your post. You said Bronco Sport first, but then you said Bronco. I thought you were saying you were behind a Bronco.

Regular Bronco is larger than the Wrangler. 189L x 79W x 75H.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
You have got to be shitting me...
Nope. I wish I could remember some of the derogatory comments about SFA, dinosaur, wagon-like suspension, etc.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite

I cant believe there are still people who don't know that the Bronco Sport is a completely unrelated vehicle to the real, full size Bronco.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
I cant believe there are still people who don't know that the Bronco Sport is a completely unrelated vehicle to the real, full size Bronco.
Just proves how ignorant ford was for naming it bronco sport and releasing it before the bronco came out after hyping bronco for a few years before production.
Sponsored