OP
OP
BigFeet

BigFeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
My intentions with my first post was not to bring everyone down - just needed to vent.

I am planning on contacting the off road parks in my area to ask if they are receptive, or have even tried possible solutions. I'm not sure what other programs are being instituted in other areas, but if you have any suggestions, please, add them here.

My idea: Upon entry, as part of your entry fee you are given a trash bag, and will receive a refund of a portion of your entry fee if used and returned to the park's exit. Spend five minutes to get five - ten dollars back? Maybe it could be like a Sportsclips kind of thing - fill five trash bags and get a card hole punched, and on the fifth punch you get in free? Most likely, not everyone will do it, but a few taking on this challenge is better than nothing. At worst, you have a trash bag for whatever your needs.

You could possibly turn this into a marketing gimmick by tagging an obscure beer can/piece of trash somewhere in the park, and upon return get some type of award/recognition - similar to a tagged fishing tournament. Maybe hold a "tournament" each month, annually, or whatever works?

Who knows, this maybe wishful thinking that just gets me laughed at, or ignored. I just hate to see cool places trashed for the sake of convenience - I feel I should do something more than I already do.

There is a show on YouTube (4wd 24/7 - Australian off road show) where they started a "keep the tracks clean" endeavor. It seems like a good idea that could be implemented here.

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
20220102_095913.jpg

I just don't understand... some people can be quite rude, and inconsiderate.

My daughter and I made a visit to Xtreme Off Road here close to home last weekend. This morning we went to a potential new fun time place called Creekside Off Road which is a little further away. Both parks are quite beautiful - our adventure this morning shown above.

What I don't understand is why the F#%K is so much trash all over the ground? Rusty hoods, cv parts, cardboard beer case boxes, Ziplock bags of all sizes, chip bags, clothes...

Who are the SĂ·@T F#%KS that can't throw their ___ damn non wanteds in a trash bag to carry to the front of the park, at least?

I can go on, but... going to need to invest in a 10,000 count box of industrial oversized trash bags before the recovery gear I had in mind.

Thanks to, whomever.

I sure hope that none of this is because of anyone here. I also hope everyone will attend to the same in their neck of the woods.

I know most don't come to this forum for the lecture, and maybe nobody cares. Broncos, the 392, which lift, what winch is best, and the mine is better posts collect all the attention...

Whatever, I have a plan for my area of influence. Hopefully, others have something in mind for theirs.
Unfortunately…The world is suddenly full of self absorbed weenies who have no respect for absolutely anything or anybody else.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
You should have seen the sides of the highways during the 1950s...and yes, I did. Trash from end to end, because NOBODY saw anything wrong with throwing stuff out of the car.

Blaming trash on generations, ethnic groups (yeah, I saw the code words), economic levels, social media, political attitudes...comforting, but non-productive. Find me ANY segment that doesnt include some people with a "so what?" mindset. You have a lot of people for whom "having fun" and "being free" includes messing stuff up....recreational vandalism. Coupled with laziness and disregard for the environment or other people, you get trash.

Solutions? Difficult...people are less likely to toss trash if they are around people they know will disapprove, but all we really can do is make sure everyone hears that its not ok.
One thing that has improved over those years is the air pollution over Los Angeles and the health of the lower Hudson River. I remember it like it was yesterday but the pollution was so bad that part of it almost feels like the memories of an old movie rather than real life. Individuals tossing trash out their car windows sticks in our craw because it’s so visible when it happens but the amount of toxic poison that various industries dumped into the air or water for generations is hard to imagine. At least we don’t seem to have a need to designate any more Superfund sites these days.

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
One thing that has improved over those years is the air pollution over Los Angeles and the health of the lower Hudson River. I remember it like it was yesterday but the pollution was so bad that part of it almost feels like the memories of an old movie rather than real life. Individuals tossing trash out their car windows sticks in our craw because it’s so visible when it happens but the amount of toxic poison that various industries dumped into the air or water for generations is hard to imagine. At least we don’t seem to have a need to designate any more Superfund sites these days.
Well, if we want to look at general environmental situations, things (aside from climate change) have improved. My wife grew up in Cleveland during a time when the Cuyahoga River used to catch fire and Lake Erie was classified as "dead".

There have been 34 new Super Fund sites designated in the past 5 years.
https://www.epa.gov/superfund/national-priorities-list-npl-sites-listing-date.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Everybody calm down. This has been happening forever. You think they packed out all their empty beer bottles in covered wagon days? Hell naw. And I find trash in the great outdoors that was probably thrown there in the 70’s before I was born.

secondly, the up-and-coming generation has been the supposed downfall of humanity for every generation ever. Yet somehow the standard of living has improved with every generation. There’s nothing special or unique about the generation younger than yours. The world’s gonna keep turning long after we’re all six feet under.

Just worry about doing your part to make the world better by picking up trash like some of y’all in this thread or by raising good kids. Anything beyond that is wasted effort.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Jeep Wrangler JL Beer cans [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] F2C576D2-4395-45B8-9FDF-95A47490D40A

I just don't understand... some people can be quite rude, and inconsiderate.

My daughter and I made a visit to Xtreme Off Road here close to home last weekend. This morning we went to a potential new fun time place called Creekside Off Road which is a little further away. Both parks are quite beautiful - our adventure this morning shown above.

What I don't understand is why the F#%K is so much trash all over the ground? Rusty hoods, cv parts, cardboard beer case boxes, Ziplock bags of all sizes, chip bags, clothes...

Who are the SĂ·@T F#%KS that can't throw their ___ damn non wanteds in a trash bag to carry to the front of the park, at least?

I can go on, but... going to need to invest in a 10,000 count box of industrial oversized trash bags before the recovery gear I had in mind.

Thanks to, whomever.

I sure hope that none of this is because of anyone here. I also hope everyone will attend to the same in their neck of the woods.

I know most don't come to this forum for the lecture, and maybe nobody cares. Broncos, the 392, which lift, what winch is best, and the mine is better posts collect all the attention...

Whatever, I have a plan for my area of influence. Hopefully, others have something in mind for theirs.

Likely the same people who expect the government (we taxpayers) to care for them and their offspring cradle to grave...

OffRocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
You should have seen the sides of the highways during the 1950s...and yes, I did. Trash from end to end, because NOBODY saw anything wrong with throwing stuff out of the car.

Blaming trash on generations, ethnic groups (yeah, I saw the code words), economic levels, social media, political attitudes...comforting, but non-productive. Find me ANY segment that doesnt include some people with a "so what?" mindset. You have a lot of people for whom "having fun" and "being free" includes messing stuff up....recreational vandalism. Coupled with laziness and disregard for the environment or other people, you get trash.

Solutions? Difficult...people are less likely to toss trash if they are around people they know will disapprove, but all we really can do is make sure everyone hears that its not ok.
I agree. Difficult situation indeed. It's all about educating people. You say nobody saw anything wrong with throwing stuff out of the car, so yes, then there would be trash end to end. Then, we saw that throwing trash out of cars is not a good idea, so things got cleaner.

I cited social media because that seems to be the prevailing form of education/influence these days. Had it not existed, sure, maybe some other institution would have more influence on human behavior, better or worse? I don't know.

It's not about glorifying the past and saying everything was pristine before. People are people. There will always be a segment of folks who disregard others. The question is, has that segment grown?

But yes, it's complicated, so that was just my two-cent opinion on a random forum, and not a statement that I am correct. I'm often wrong. :) The most productive/practical responses have already been given, just move on and clean up what you can.

Sponsored

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

California is a great place to live for doing outdoor things. Everything else blows about it an If your tired of hearing about it then help make it a better place?
I love people who deliver these platitudes like "just leave" or "make it a better place".

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that many folks in CA (or wherever) want more of what you're seeking less of. Point being, you may disagree on what a "better place" looks like.

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

Likely the same people who expect the government (we taxpayers) to care for them and their offspring cradle to grave...
Yeah it's probably a bunch of welfare queens out on the trail taking their government dollars and throwing them into the mud. /s

Or I guess it would be just as easy to say it's probably the same group of folks who think god and country over all, and are just waiting for jesus to descend from the heavens with a Hefty Bag to do the job.

Point is, both are grossly over-generalized and mischaracterize the issue.

abnormal4x4

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
At the risk of sounding like an old fart, while I am old I am not an old fart...when I was a kid we had the fake Indian with the tear running down his cheek commercials...they who played a huge part I think in changing the outlook of an entire nation.
When I see "litter bugs" these days they're not old people, I put the vast majority of them at 35 and under. It's odd they will worry all day long about the fate of a seal they've never seen, while they trash their own cities...maybe we need another round of commercials, but that wouldn't work because everybody sits their DVRs and then fast forward to the commercials.

Last edited:

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Yeah it's probably a bunch of welfare queens out on the trail taking their government dollars and throwing them into the mud. /s

Or I guess it would be just as easy to say it's probably the same group of folks who think god and country over all, and are just waiting for jesus to descend from the heavens with a Hefty Bag to do the job.

Point is, both are grossly over-generalized and mischaracterize the issue.

It's a simple issue: LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY AND NO RESPECT FOR OTHERS.

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

It's a simple issue: LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY AND NO RESPECT FOR OTHERS.
I liked it better before your edit:

“It's a simple issue: RESPONSIBILITY AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS.”

To which, I agree. And yet you felt the need to get political about it. *shrug*
Sponsored