Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
As fun as burnouts may be, you could also list them on the members marketplace and recoop some money to put towards the 37's. I'm pretty sure your rear driveshaft would agree. 😆

On a side point, I made a new acquaintance a few months before getting my 2019 JLUR. He has a nicely built up JK lifted either 3.5" or 4.5" to fit 35's. He owns a tuxedo ship next to the bagel deli that I frequent, so he would always come out to say hi when he saw me pull in.

My Jeep in stock form sat about an inch lower than his. When I swapped to 315/70-17 ko2's, they sat level with each other and had similar tire to fender clearance. Oh yeah, his has aftermarket steel flat fenders and mine were still factory and unchopped. That's when he started asking if I had the dealer install a lift when it was new. After I said no, was when he told me how much lift his needed to fit the same size tires that I put under stock JL suspension height.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 3EB793E3-C40F-4717-9F7D-5A85021E82C5

It's after I installed the 1st lift, the true 2" Dynatrac Endurosport, and added 38's that he started acting a bit off. Always commenting as though he was irritated at how easy it was for me to fit the 38's with such little added height, without as massive of a renovation that his JK would require. He wanted larger tires, but said his drive ability was already impacted as much as he was willing to compromise on road manners as his daily driver. He started becoming a little less buddy buddy at that point.

After I swapped to the 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger that actually gave about 4.25", he started commenting about how bad it must drive and how sluggish it must feel when accelerating. He didn't believe it when I said it drove better than factory and had plenty of pep. He asked if I'd take him for a quick ride, so I did, and even begrudgingly let him behind the wheel for a few minutes down the faster road with stoplights that his shop was on. By the time we got back, you'd think I had beaten him up and stole his manhood and pissed in his cheerios. He no longer comes out to say hi. And I actually saw him last week, for the 1st time in a while. He took notice of the new 40's, and all he said was a token "hi" and "I bet it still rides great with all that rubber".

Anyways, didn't mean to ramble. Your post just brought that to mind.

Here's a few pics of my jeeps evolution, as a reference for different looks from stock to not.

Fully stock
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20190827_084948_resized-1-

Stock with 315/70-17 ko2's
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20190827_132710-

315's and 2" Dynatrac Endurosport lift with chopped front fenders
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20200423_092730-

38's, Dynatrac, and rear fenders chopped
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 1590247435754-

38's and 3.5" Gamechanger
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20211013_132632-

40's and Gamechanger
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20211014_133132-

🍻………………:)

CMTAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX Anvil
I haven’t come across a 97 before, that seems really high for a 2.0 and doesn’t pair with the other rear spring of 92 (speaking from only my personal experience) all the sets I have seen are either matching part numbers 92/92 or one off 91/92 with the higher number or longer spring being installed on the side of the jeep with the gas tank. Possible that the hybrid and diesel springs are a higher number such as 97.

Where did you purchase the springs? Do you know any more info on the jeep they came from - hard top, tow package, steel bumpers? Those options will all effect which springs are used.
It was a JLU hardtop 2.0T to the best of my knowledge. Not sure about tow or the bumpers. She just had a lift put on, she had 20000 miles on the jeep when the lift was put on.

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

It was a JLU hardtop 2.0T to the best of my knowledge. Not sure about tow or the bumpers. She just had a lift put on, she had 20000 miles on the jeep when the lift was put on.
Here are a few links, one to a running list of spring part numbers, and the associated thread that might be helpful. It does appear the 92/97 configuration was listed along the way.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/capture-png.266900/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/3-0-jlur-factory-spring-part-numbers.43915/

MarkM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Project Manager
Out of curiosity here...

The Rubi suspension take-off that I procured had all 8 control arms. When I swapped it out, I compared upper and lower CA part numbers, all 8 positions had the same numbers. The sway-bar links were all the same length as well.

At the end of the day, the only changes were the actual springs.

The vehicle lifted about 1 1/4 at all 4 corners.

This is what I am not sure about: while this would twist the axle a little bit, I don't know if the caster changed enough to worry about. My understanding is that the caster should be around 5 degrees.

If lowering the axle rotates it, does it change the caster enough to worry about? The fact that it has the same control arms would say not, or they would be different lengths on a Rubi to twist the axle back into place.

As such, either the twist isn't enough to affect Caster or driveshaft angles, or the LCA mounts are welded to the axles at different angles to compensate the twist as the axle lowers from the frame.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Out of curiosity here...

The Rubi suspension take-off that I procured had all 8 control arms. When I swapped it out, I compared upper and lower CA part numbers, all 8 positions had the same numbers. The sway-bar links were all the same length as well.

This is what I am not sure about: while this would twist the axle a little bit, I don't know if the caster changed enough to worry about. My understanding is that the caster should be around 5 degrees.

If lowering the axle rotates it, does it change the caster enough to worry about? The fact that it has the same control arms would say not, or they would be different lengths on a Rubi to twist the axle back into place.

As such, either the twist isn't enough to affect Caster or driveshaft angles, or the LCA mounts are welded to the axles at different angles to compensate the twist as the axle lowers from the frame.

Ideas? Thoughts?
Theres plenty of info on this on the forums. All parts are the same. Replacing rubicon arms for sport arms is a waste of time since theyre exactly the same. The Rubicon is notorious for having too low caster, since it uses the same as sport. The mopar lift LCAs are cheap and fit nicely with the rubicon suspension. Your caster is very likely below 5 degrees now. As it is the stock rubi caster.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Out of curiosity here...

Ideas? Thoughts?
Theres plenty of info on this on the forums. All parts are the same. Replacing rubicon arms for sport arms is a waste of time since theyre exactly the same. The Rubicon is notorious for having too low caster, since it uses the same as sport. The mopar lift LCAs are cheap and fit nicely with the rubicon suspension. Your caster is very likely below 5 degrees now. As it is the stock rubi caster.
Each inch of spring lift equals about .75 degree caster decrease. I assume the reason FCA kept all the same control arms is to keep it simple??? The fact that they continue to release Rubicons w/ caster too low but they have the longer Mopar lift LCAs on their shelves is mind boggling.

So @MarkM your Jeep will be much improved w/ the longer LCAs, especially at hwy speeds. Here's my install post on them w/ the correct part #s, it's the best $80 you can spend :)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/#post-919317

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Here's a few pics of my jeeps evolution, as a reference for different looks from stock to not.

20190827_132710-jpg.jpg
Any rubbing with the stock config & 315s while off-roading/flexing? @Headbarcode

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Any rubbing with the stock config & 315s while off-roading/flexing? @Headbarcode
The 315/70-17 bfgoodrich ko2's are amongst the smallest in the 35" category. I only had some light rubbing on the backside of the rear wheelwells, where the liners bulge towards the tire.

Many here have reshaped that bulge by softening the plastic with a heat gun and pressing it outward with a wet rag.

Sponsored

Brock9281

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
As fun as burnouts may be, you could also list them on the members marketplace and recoop some money to put towards the 37's. I'm pretty sure your rear driveshaft would agree. 😆

On a side point, I made a new acquaintance a few months before getting my 2019 JLUR. He has a nicely built up JK lifted either 3.5" or 4.5" to fit 35's. He owns a tuxedo ship next to the bagel deli that I frequent, so he would always come out to say hi when he saw me pull in.

My Jeep in stock form sat about an inch lower than his. When I swapped to 315/70-17 ko2's, they sat level with each other and had similar tire to fender clearance. Oh yeah, his has aftermarket steel flat fenders and mine were still factory and unchopped. That's when he started asking if I had the dealer install a lift when it was new. After I said no, was when he told me how much lift his needed to fit the same size tires that I put under stock JL suspension height.

It's after I installed the 1st lift, the true 2" Dynatrac Endurosport, and added 38's that he started acting a bit off. Always commenting as though he was irritated at how easy it was for me to fit the 38's with such little added height, without as massive of a renovation that his JK would require. He wanted larger tires, but said his drive ability was already impacted as much as he was willing to compromise on road manners as his daily driver. He started becoming a little less buddy buddy at that point.

After I swapped to the 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger that actually gave about 4.25", he started commenting about how bad it must drive and how sluggish it must feel when accelerating. He didn't believe it when I said it drove better than factory and had plenty of pep. He asked if I'd take him for a quick ride, so I did, and even begrudgingly let him behind the wheel for a few minutes down the faster road with stoplights that his shop was on. By the time we got back, you'd think I had beaten him up and stole his manhood and pissed in his cheerios. He no longer comes out to say hi. And I actually saw him last week, for the 1st time in a while. He took notice of the new 40's, and all he said was a token "hi" and "I bet it still rides great with all that rubber".

Anyways, didn't mean to ramble. Your post just brought that to mind.

Fully stock

315's and 2" Dynatrac Endurosport lift with chopped front fenders

38's, Dynatrac, and rear fenders chopped

38's and 3.5" Gamechanger

40's and Gamechanger
Was it required to chop fenders in order to run 38s? I’m looking at the Dynatrac EnduroSport 2” but will only be running 37s. Really don’t want to chop fenders. This will be a pavement daily driver more than anything else

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Was it required to chop fenders in order to run 38s? I’m looking at the Dynatrac EnduroSport 2” but will only be running 37s. Really don’t want to chop fenders. This will be a pavement daily driver more than anything else
What's the backspace/offset of the wheels you'll be using?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You should be fine with those wheels wrapped in 37x12.5's, and not have any clearance issues with the factory unchopped fenders. You may have some rubbing at the back of the rear fender liners where they protrude into the wheelwell. This can easily be addressed with a heat gun and a wet shop rag to reshape it to fit tighter to the bodies pinch seam that's behind it.

Here's a couple of pics of my JLUR with the Endurosport and 17x9x4.53"/-12mm wheels wrapped in 38x13.5's. Worth noting, I also replaced both track bars and all 8 control arms so the axles were centered side to side with the body. With this combo, the inside shoulder of the tires will rub the liners before the underside of the fenders.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20200706_151830_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20200706_151809_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20200706_151751_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20200706_151718_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20200706_151650

MarkM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Project Manager
Each inch of spring lift equals about .75 degree caster decrease. I assume the reason FCA kept all the same control arms is to keep it simple??? The fact that they continue to release Rubicons w/ caster too low but they have the longer Mopar lift LCAs on their shelves is mind boggling.

So @MarkM your Jeep will be much improved w/ the longer LCAs, especially at hwy speeds. Here's my install post on them w/ the correct part #s, it's the best $80 you can spend :)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/#post-919317
It is much better! There is no wobble at all and the steering has a slightly tighter/heavier feel to it.
Sponsored