Website
www.vv4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
retired CIO; professional dilettante
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

They made a mistake. They only issue one badge and it is is dam near impossible to get a replacement badge. So they must have messed up.
You're right about that. I got an email that my Rocky Gap badge shipped on 11/23. Never got it and the tracking number still only shows "label printed". So it was never picked up or the FedEx guy threw it in a ditch. Multiple emails to BOH have gotten zero response.
Too bad, because it was the one I cared about most since it's our only BOH trail in NV.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Pretty sure you are qualified to answer this then... :)

I just got my first badge in the mail (took 3mo) for Schnebly Hill. I got TWO badges along with a letter. Is it a badge for each side or did they screw up and send two by mistake? Every pic on here I only see one with the letter.
You should only get one, maybe they gave you the extra one since Schnebly has all those jaw chattering razor rocks that might shake the badge off your JL if you run it again :)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You're right about that. I got an email that my Rocky Gap badge shipped on 11/23. Never got it and the tracking number still only shows "label printed". So it was never picked up or the FedEx guy threw it in a ditch. Multiple emails to BOH have gotten zero response.
Too bad, because it was the one I cared about most since it's our only BOH trail in NV.
I ran Rocky gap Thanksgiving week along w/ Schnebly & Table Mesa, the BOH app locked up stating "check-in pending", took a screen shot of that on the phone, app was jacked-up the rest of the trip so no luck on any of them :(
And like you Rocky Gap is the only one I really wanted as that one was definitely earned (just ask my skid plates, lol) :( I also sent emails w/ no luck. Oh well, guess I'll run them again as we get up that way a couple times a year.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
We
They made a mistake. They only issue one badge and it is is dam near impossible to get a replacement badge. So they must have messed up.
Weird. Well then I will consider it an honor!

Jeep Wrangler JL Badge of Honor Trail "Suggest a Trail" 20211227_072004

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I am going to suggest my driveway as a BoH trail. Maybe I will put a garage door in the back so people can drive straight through into my back yard and then out into the open space behind my house. I will charge $20 admission BUT you will get a BoH badge! I'll have my Jeep paid off in no time! $$$$$$$$ Always hustlin, get that money!

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I am going to suggest my driveway as a BoH trail. Maybe I will put a garage door in the back so people can drive straight through into my back yard and then out into the open space behind my house. I will charge $20 admission BUT you will get a BoH badge! I'll have my Jeep paid off in no time! $$$$$$$$ Always hustlin, get that money!
$30 dollars to run the trail, but make them buy a year membership too for $100 then charge $15 every time they want to wheel and don't let them wheel by themself. Make sure they bring other vehicles with them to be able to wheel or force them to hire q guide if they are by themselves.

For a guideline of how it is done, just go to The Rausch Creek Off Road park and read their requirements.

dwoverdrive

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willy's 4 door
I live in the Omaha area and honestly I'm surprised there arent any real off road parks that are around here. Obviously not any rocky terrain but even this close to the river you would think there would be something. The app cant even recommend me anything that isn't like a day away.

JCarlos

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy’s eco diesel
What do you think about doing rocky gap with a stock JL?

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
$30 dollars to run the trail, but make them buy a year membership too for $100 then charge $15 every time they want to wheel and don't let them wheel by themself. Make sure they bring other vehicles with them to be able to wheel or force them to hire q guide if they are by themselves.

For a guideline of how it is done, just go to The Rausch Creek Off Road park and read their requirements.
I just read their requirements and boy was it entertaining! That is some serious bullshit they are pulling there… I might have to pass on that place.

OP
OP
Mojave Dust

Mojave Dust

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vv4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
retired CIO; professional dilettante
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Rocky Gap has only a short stretch of rock garden that you have to go through. The other obstacles are optional, so careful driving in a stock JL should be fine depending on experience and trail conditions, which can change pretty quickly in a boulder field. There are plenty of spots to turn around if things get too dicey. Our club made a video of some of the fun sections of the trail, but that was from last November. Have fun, the scenery is worth the trip.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rocky Gap has only a short stretch of rock garden that you have to go through. The other obstacles are optional, so careful driving in a stock JL should be fine depending on experience and trail conditions, which can change pretty quickly in a boulder field. There are plenty of spots to turn around if things get too dicey. Our club made a video of some of the fun sections of the trail, but that was from last November. Have fun, the scenery is worth the trip.
Yeah, it wasn't too bad, we took a few of the optional wash outs where having 35s would be preferred. My 295/70/17s (33.4" tall) w/ Rubicon suspension got hung up on one spot on the optional sections where I had to back out and take an easier line, but on the main trail no problems. It's a fun run, and we went from Lovell canyon side into the park. We ran it last November, don't think it would be as fun in 110 degree temps :(

JCarlos

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy’s eco diesel
The 2 guys I was supposed to go with stood me up, work and prior tattoo appointment LOL so hopefully I can get more friends thanks again for your input greatly appreciated sir

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The 2 guys I was supposed to go with stood me up, work and prior tattoo appointment LOL so hopefully I can get more friends thanks again for your input greatly appreciated sir
Next time we plan to go to Vegas I'll give you a shout, would like to run it again since my BOH app jacked up, just locked up w/ Check-in pending so I never got the Badge :(

JCarlos

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy’s eco diesel
Next time we plan to go to Vegas I'll give you a shout, would like to run it again since my BOH app jacked up, just locked up w/ Check-in pending so I never got the Badge :(
That sounds great man I’d be down for sure, just let me know sir

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I did Rocky Gap a few weeks ago in my basically stock JLUR. Only one rock garden that didn't have a bypass. It wasn't bad. It looks ominous for a first timer, but have a buddy spot for you and you'll be fine in a stock JL. The rest of it is a dirt road. Plan on a 3 hour trip. Bring lunch and stop just over the top on the east side where there's a turnout and a picknick table. We went in from Lovell Canyon rd (west side, outside the park, no fee). You can go both ways. But to come in from the east side, you have to enter the Red Rock National Conservation Area, which has an entry fee. Planning Your Visit | Bureau of Land Management (blm.gov)

Pack it in, Pack it out. Nobody want to see trash. So many places close to cities are trashed these days. This place was pretty clean.
Sponsored