Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.guninteractive.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys JLU
Occupation
Lead Community Developer - Gun Interactive
I just installed mine in my 2021 JLU, but stopped short of finishing the front seat trim due to the season and darkness. I was really psyched for this product, as I hate carpeting, wheel in a lot of Kentucky mud that seems hell bent on sticking around, and have a 5 year old daughter who thinks Goldfish are confetti.

After install, I am more than happy with the product. The quality exceeds my expectations by far. I have yet to get them grimy of course, but there's a quality bar you know when even handling the product or installing that let's you know it was a good purchase. Armorlite has that in spades.

Now a couple tips for intrepid installers of the Armorlite product in a JLU.
  • Wear gloves, I should have. They said to wear gloves, I didn't listen, I got cut on the seat tracks.
  • If you have trouble lining up the drains, and tried the methods in the Armorlite video, try lifting the edges of the flooring section some while holding the middle down to the sheet metal, lining up the drain, popping that bad boy in FULLY, then press the edges back down. I had this up front on both sides and the method I mention was all that would work.
  • I did this in chilly weather here in Kentucky. I don't recommend it. At least get into a garage at a buddy's or something. Fighting with the sill on the passenger side and the thing snapped with much less force than I've used on various other interior panels, probably from the chilly weather. If you did too, don't panic. It's a $50 mistake.
  • The JL has strange random wires dangling in the foot well on the passenger side. You didn't rip these loose, they're from options you don't have. Don't panic. Check the wire end for a sealed heatshrink and you'll know it was an optional wire.
  • The seat bolts have a little red Loctite on them from the factory. Not enough to be an issue, but enough to need some force if you're in the cold like I was. Maybe consider a hair dryer or heat gun on them for a sec to make shorter work of them.
  • The JL interior panels you'll be removing line up with each other like crap (Not an issue with the Armorlite, an issue with plastic to plastic panel seams). They line up like crap from the factory, so maybe take some mental notes on fitment of these panels before you rip them off since if you're like me you'll be looking at the wonky plastic in the JL thinking "Was that always that way? Should I whack it again?"
That's all I could think of to add here to the notes on install. I really appreciate the link to the carpet clips, going to order some of them as well. Love this product already, will stop back in to post a pic or two tomorrow after I finish reinstalling the plastic up front. And I'm sold on the rear cargo area as soon as it launches. I don't mind waiting for a product of this quality.

@Armorlite Kail I don't recall getting a discount code for the cargo area when I ordered my front and rear JL set the other day. Is that still a thing or no?

EDIT: I did have one further question for Kail, does the front floor go on top of the rear floor where they meet under the seat or does the rear go over the front? The shape of the floor in that area looks like the rear goes over the front, but I wanted to double check.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
I just installed mine in my 2021 JLU, but stopped short of finishing the front seat trim due to the season and darkness. I was really psyched for this product, as I hate carpeting, wheel in a lot of Kentucky mud that seems hell bent on sticking around, and have a 5 year old daughter who thinks Goldfish are confetti.

After install, I am more than happy with the product. The quality exceeds my expectations by far. I have yet to get them grimy of course, but there's a quality bar you know when even handling the product or installing that let's you know it was a good purchase. Armorlite has that in spades.

Now a couple tips for intrepid installers of the Armorlite product in a JLU.
  • Wear gloves, I should have. They said to wear gloves, I didn't listen, I got cut on the seat tracks.
  • If you have trouble lining up the drains, and tried the methods in the Armorlite video, try lifting the edges of the flooring section some while holding the middle down to the sheet metal, lining up the drain, popping that bad boy in FULLY, then press the edges back down. I had this up front on both sides and the method I mention was all that would work.
  • I did this in chilly weather here in Kentucky. I don't recommend it. At least get into a garage at a buddy's or something. Fighting with the sill on the passenger side and the thing snapped with much less force than I've used on various other interior panels, probably from the chilly weather. If you did too, don't panic. It's a $50 mistake.
  • The JL has strange random wires dangling in the foot well on the passenger side. You didn't rip these loose, they're from options you don't have. Don't panic. Check the wire end for a sealed heatshrink and you'll know it was an optional wire.
  • The seat bolts have a little red Loctite on them from the factory. Not enough to be an issue, but enough to need some force if you're in the cold like I was. Maybe consider a hair dryer or heat gun on them for a sec to make shorter work of them.
  • The JL interior panels you'll be removing line up with each other like crap (Not an issue with the Armorlite, an issue with plastic to plastic panel seams). They line up like crap from the factory, so maybe take some mental notes on fitment of these panels before you rip them off since if you're like me you'll be looking at the wonky plastic in the JL thinking "Was that always that way? Should I whack it again?"
That's all I could think of to add here to the notes on install. I really appreciate the link to the carpet clips, going to order some of them as well. Love this product already, will stop back in to post a pic or two tomorrow after I finish reinstalling the plastic up front. And I'm sold on the rear cargo area as soon as it launches. I don't mind waiting for a product of this quality.

@Armorlite Kail I don't recall getting a discount code for the cargo area when I ordered my front and rear JL set the other day. Is that still a thing or no?

EDIT: I did have one further question for Kail, does the front floor go on top of the rear floor where they meet under the seat or does the rear go over the front? The shape of the floor in that area looks like the rear goes over the front, but I wanted to double check.
We will send you an email when the JL cargo kit comes out and give you a chance to get in early. Still no date on this though sorry, our engineers are working hard as they can on everything.

Yes the rear floor does go on top of the back edge of the fronts, it has a step to it to overlap that.

Also note that the rear parts that are under the back seat go under the back cargo carpet, this way if anything rolls down it doesn't go under the Armorlite.

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
How to access the load floor compartment in a 2-door JK? From the pictures on the website, it looks as if the sides of the rear mat would tuck in under the side panels and/or wheel well covers?
No it will be accessible as normal.

Sponsored

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Armorlite team - just following up on the status of the rear cargo area system that would replaced the carpet in a 4 door?

I looked on your website didn't see it yet and just about to order my next 392 where I would put it into.

Thank you in advance.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
We will send you an email when the JL cargo kit comes out and give you a chance to get in early. Still no date on this though sorry, our engineers are working hard as they can on everything.

Yes the rear floor does go on top of the back edge of the fronts, it has a step to it to overlap that.

Also note that the rear parts that are under the back seat go under the back cargo carpet, this way if anything rolls down it doesn't go under the Armorlite.
The rear cargo area promo good for anyone that purchased the front and rear already? I'm in for the cargo area when it's ready!

+1 here I love this floor, easy to clean as well just sweep out with vacuum, spray with your choice of cleaner (Mopar Total Care or like), then wipe clean! Looks like new.

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
2 door JL, don't forget us !!

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System PXL_20211223_123006096.MP_resized
Front only is like wearing short pants. How about a full set in khaki.
Armorlite team - just following up on the status of the rear cargo area system that would replaced the carpet in a 4 door?

I looked on your website didn't see it yet and just about to order my next 392 where I would put it into.

Thank you in advance.
The rear cargo area promo good for anyone that purchased the front and rear already? I'm in for the cargo area when it's ready!

+1 here I love this floor, easy to clean as well just sweep out with vacuum, spray with your choice of cleaner (Mopar Total Care or like), then wipe clean! Looks like new.

I appreciate everyone here on this forum, I realize the JL 2dr front is just a teaser, especially if you have dogs.

I am learning that with so many variables in our production schedules I cannot make any promises on when a product will release.

We are a very small aftermarket division of a larger oem tier 1 supplier, what this means is that the new car chip shortage indirectly affects us. This limits how fast we can grow, we have to make the best of the resources we have to engineer products and cut new tools. I assure you our engineers are aware of what our customers want, some are polite about telling us, some not so much, they are working non stop to get new products into production.

Here are products we are working on:
JKU Cargo
JK Cargo
TJ/LJ complete kit
JL 2dr Rear and Cargo
JLU cargo

There is a shuffle of what can come to market soonest, so the order of these changes regularly. Either from a fit up, a cad interference, a tooling development issue. Or simply we do a product review and critique it from a customers perspective and realize it's not good enough.

Sure we could pump out a product that puts armorlite everywhere, but we have to do what is best in the long run and make sure it has a chance at managing water, fits securely in place with the doors and top off without complicated fasteners, does not interfere with the seats and other aftermarket products, and is easy enough for anyone with basic tools to install.

I will keep you posted when I have something solid to report for the JL crowd. And if you purchase the products we currently have available and want to add the new products when they are released I assure you we will contact you with a special promo. Just make sure you give us reliable contact information when placing your order.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

JLU cargo
Would love to see the JLU Cargo stuff (photos). I have a mat that is "ok", but after buying the JLU flooring system, the cargo stuff would have to be sublime

Sponsored

mattshotcha

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.guninteractive.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys JLU
Occupation
Lead Community Developer - Gun Interactive
I appreciate everyone here on this forum, I realize the JL 2dr front is just a teaser, especially if you have dogs.

I am learning that with so many variables in our production schedules I cannot make any promises on when a product will release.

We are a very small aftermarket division of a larger oem tier 1 supplier, what this means is that the new car chip shortage indirectly affects us. This limits how fast we can grow, we have to make the best of the resources we have to engineer products and cut new tools. I assure you our engineers are aware of what our customers want, some are polite about telling us, some not so much, they are working non stop to get new products into production.

JKU Cargo
JK Cargo
TJ/LJ complete kit
JL 2dr Rear and Cargo
JLU cargo

There is a shuffle of what can come to market soonest, so the order of these changes regularly. Either from a fit up, a cad interference, a tooling development issue. Or simply we do a product review and critique it from a customers perspective and realize it's not good enough.

Sure we could pump out a product that puts armorlite everywhere, but we have to do what is best in the long run and make sure it has a chance at managing water, fits securely in place with the doors and top off without complicated fasteners, does not interfere with the seats and other aftermarket products, and is easy enough for anyone with basic tools to install.

I will keep you posted when I have something solid to report for the JL crowd. And if you purchase the products we currently have available and want to add the new products when they are released I assure you we will contact you with a special promo. Just make sure you give us reliable contact information when placing your order.
Hey, we appreciate you keeping us up to date! I can wait patiently for a product of this quality.

Update for anyone wondering, this floor is phenomenal. Got into our snow season here and the rock salt and mess that comes with it. Took a bucket of water and a rag down to the Jeep, little tiny bit of scrub, tiny bit of rinse, done. Water only makes them look brand new again.

I’m looking forward to the JLU Cargo kit that’s coming, and appreciate the responsiveness from Kail.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Hey, we appreciate you keeping us up to date! I can wait patiently for a product of this quality.

Update for anyone wondering, this floor is phenomenal. Got into our snow season here and the rock salt and mess that comes with it. Took a bucket of water and a rag down to the Jeep, little tiny bit of scrub, tiny bit of rinse, done. Water only makes them look brand new again.

I’m looking forward to the JLU Cargo kit that’s coming, and appreciate the responsiveness from Kail.
...also waiting for the JLU cargo kit!!!

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I am thinking about this flooring over having the whole tub inside sprayed with Line-X.

I was told there was quite a bit more wires, etc on the floor of JL compared to the Jk that would be showing if I removed the flooring completely and went to a spray in floor.

The interior is pulled a part do to custom cage install and it is the perfect time to either go back to the carpet, armorlite or spay in liner.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I am thinking about this flooring over having the whole tub inside sprayed with Line-X.

I was told there was quite a bit more wires, etc on the floor of JL compared to the Jk that would be showing if I removed the flooring completely and went to a spray in floor.

The interior is pulled a part do to custom cage install and it is the perfect time to either go back to the carpet, armorlite or spay in liner.
I have had three Jeeps Line-X in the past. It is expensive and time consuming compared to the Armorlite. Line-X is harder to clean, fades (if you don't add in the UV protection), and does not protect against heat. My TJ got so hot, I ended up putting the carpet back in around the foot wells and transmission in the front area. Armorlite is thicker which keeps the heat from rising through, and greatly reduces the noise compared to a liner. Carpet is just a pain in the butt to keep clean and get rid of dust/sand.

With that said, if your interior is already pulled, you could Line-X for the same cost and get a custom color. If I had my interior pulled, I would Line-X in a customer color, especially because Armorlite does not have a rear cargo area option yet.

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I've been watching this thread for some time, and just placed an order today (May 2nd ship date) Can't wait
Sponsored