Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I had an engine replaced in my Porsche and it was never the same! The problem wasn't the motor but the stack of bolts left out during reassembly. Further more, if you ever want to sell your vehicle for a premium the engine number will not match. I would DEMAND a new vehicle. You idiots at jeep need to use biden's agenda to build back better, lol
Sponsored

Sirikta

First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Altitude
I had an engine replaced in my Porsche and it was never the same! The problem wasn't the motor but the stack of bolts left out during reassembly. Further more, if you ever want to sell your vehicle for a premium the engine number will not match. I would DEMAND a new vehicle. You idiots at jeep need to use biden's agenda to build back better, lol
Oh good, now we're even making a lemon car into a political issue... 🙄🙄🙄

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I think the OP mentioned his vehicle was only 25 miles before the engine took a shit.

I'd also would like a new vehicle if it was 25 miles.

Now if it was 10k miles, it would be within reason to accept an engine replacement.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Jeep VIN matches motors? Where is my VIN stamped onto the motor?

How does the current US administration have anything to do with OP's problems? Did President Biden come onto factory floor and throw a handful of rivets into the intake?

Last edited:

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Of course you can "demand" whatever you want, as others are suggesting, but the lemon law in your states clearly that they are only required to repair it.

In the event they cannot, then you can have them replace it. They get 4 tries to fix it, unless it is related to steering, brakes of other repairs which make the car possibly fatal.
However, if the repair takes longer than 30 business days, then it also triggers the lemon law.

Here is the link to the pamphlet in your state:
https://www.ag.idaho.gov/content/uploads/2018/04/IdahoLemonLaw.pdf

Given the relatively simple nature of the Jeep, I would not be too worried about the shop doing the swap. To be honest, it's not like they can be any worse than the ding dongs working at the factory.
Ask them to go ahead and tighten up all the bolts underneath while they are at it.
Either way, best of luck to you.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager

How does the current US administration have anything to do with OP's problems? Did President Biden come onto factory floor and throw an handful of rivets into the intake?
I don't think so. They used to. Now there should be an engine number on it though.
The engine serial number is located on the left side of the cylinder block at the transmission flange.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
+1 on letting them replace the engine, I would be more concerned with a engine "repair" than complete replacement.

You may want to see about Jeep throwing in an extended warranty for any concerns post reassembly. However if the engine fires up, doesn't leak or throw any CELs odds are that it was installed correctly.

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe
I'm not concerned about the new engine. It's all of the teardown and reassembly that bothers me. Everything will have to come out of the engine compartment to get that 6.4 out. I wouldn't be as concerned if I could choose my own mechanic.
They will probably remove the body to replace the engine. Makes it easy to get to.

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Can I have your old engine? 😂
Man I’d love to drop a 6.2 into my 2 door.

OP
OP

Thunderbob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392
That’s when I’d say fine, replace the motor but I want a 10yr/100,000 mile warranty on it. If they are confident in the swap and the dealership, I see no reason they shouldn’t give you an extended warranty on it.
That's a good idea. Thanks for your input.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
That’s when I’d say fine, replace the motor but I want a 10yr/100,000 mile warranty on it. If they are confident in the swap and the dealership, I see no reason they shouldn’t give you an extended warranty on it.
This is happening with the new Corvette transmissions, and some owners have reported receiving an extended warranty (full vehicle) of an additional 2-3 years by engaging the regional GM reps. I wouldn't rely on just the dealership to make things right in this situation, but immediately go higher up. Personally, with just 25 miles I'd push for them to cancel the purchase & order a new one. Good luck.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Exactly, this isn’t the ‘60s with “numbers-matching” sports cars. Now an engine replacement will show up on the vehicle history report & is likely to affect future selling price of the vehicle.

dgoldenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I’d be asking for an additional $5-10k on top of the engine replacement given that it’s brand new. When you sell the car it’s definitely going to effect resale value. Despite getting a brand new engine the car is now “tainted” in the eyes of many buyers.
Sponsored