First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Does anyone know when the is combo will be available and if the 2 door can be had with it?
I put my order in last week.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So what I can understand from this the extreme recon package is still available with the automatic but not the manual transmission is that correct I ordered on the 15th of October my extreme recon package I knew at that time it was only available with the automatic transmission so is that still true? Also there was no mention of the 4:88 with the extreme recon package only the 4:56 is that still true?
Yes, that's true. 4.56 w/auto. Not availablle with manual trans; however, you can get 4.88 gears with the manual as a stand-alone option.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Me too. In fact, with the market the way it is, I'm selling my 2021 JLR and buying the exact same (but 2022) vehicle...except adding 4.88 gears. I'm "making" about $2,000 and will have a current model with zero miles and better gearing. All (except one) option I had on my 2021 are standard on the 2022.
Had you modded your '21 at all? Will you lose any money in that regard?

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
No more Willy's?
I believe Willys (no apostrophe) is just a (significant) upgrade to the Sport trim.

(Update: It occurs to me that my answer wasn't necessarily clear and I used the wrong terminology. My point is the fact that Willys isn't listed doesn't mean it's gone, just that it's not its own trim level so it didn't make the cut.)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys and a 2010 Rubicon
Exactly true. no recon manual and 4.88 only on manual as a substitute gear option for folks who really wanted the manual for a base build without having to regear. My complaint is how much Jeep you need to buy before even being allowed to choose either option as I wanted to start with a base sport but Jeep doesn't allow that. On the plus side for you the 4.56 isn't too far off from 4.88 compared to a 3.45 base so enjoy that awesome recon on the way !
I will thank you so much

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
"The Wrangler Rubicon model features Dana 44 front and rear heavy-duty axles, enhanced off-road rock rails and the Rock-Trac NV241 two-speed or optional full-time transfer case with a 4:1 low-range gear ratio. Wrangler Rubicon also includes electric front and rear locking differentials, a disconnecting front sway bar and 33-inch BF Goodrich KM all-terrain tires, taking Wrangler to places others simply can’t go"

I hope this was a typo? It said the 2022 Rubicon comes with BF Goodrich KM all-terrain tires? I ordered a 2022 JLR and love and want the K02s.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Had you modded your '21 at all? Will you lose any money in that regard?
I've got some parts I'll pull off, a GMRS radio, winch, antenna mount, Tuffy security console and some other bits and pieces. I've got a couple sets of lights laying in the garage that I haven't used, and I want to try a different Warn bumper, so I think I'll let the bumper and lights go with it. That could be considered a loss, but something I'd swap on the current Jeep soon anyway.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

"The Wrangler Rubicon model features Dana 44 front and rear heavy-duty axles, enhanced off-road rock rails and the Rock-Trac NV241 two-speed or optional full-time transfer case with a 4:1 low-range gear ratio. Wrangler Rubicon also includes electric front and rear locking differentials, a disconnecting front sway bar and 33-inch BF Goodrich KM all-terrain tires, taking Wrangler to places others simply can’t go"

I hope this was a typo? It said the 2022 Rubicon comes with BF Goodrich KM all-terrain tires? I ordered a 2022 JLR and love and want the K02s.
I saw the same thing. I think for my needs in the PNW the KO2s are good, but in the future I may try the KMs instead

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I've got some parts I'll pull off, a GMRS radio, winch, antenna mount, Tuffy security console and some other bits and pieces. I've got a couple sets of lights laying in the garage that I haven't used, and I want to try a different Warn bumper, so I think I'll let the bumper and lights go with it. That could be considered a loss, but something I'd swap on the current Jeep soon anyway.
Are you selling your current Jeep privately, or trading it in on the new purchase?

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

They used to offer both. The All-Terrain and Mud-Terrain. I think they offer the Falken Wildpeak MT now instead of the BFG MT, but looks like I'm probably wrong about that.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw the same thing. I think for my needs in the PNW the KO2s are good, but in the future I may try the KMs instead
Since 2019 the Rubicon had a no-cost optional MT tire. The Falken Wildpeak MT.

I like the K02 AT's because they are a great all arounder for city and off road. They are also decent in snow and are really quiet. Very good mpg also for what they are. Long wearing also.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Are you selling your current Jeep privately, or trading it in on the new purchase?
Private-party, I think. I may ask the local dealership if they want to buy it outright, but I doubt it.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Private-party, I think. I may ask the local dealership if they want to buy it outright, but I doubt it.
Shop it around. You might be pleasently surprised. Not now but back in late May I sold my '19JLR to Vroom for more than I originally paid with taxes. I drove it for 2.5 years and made a little money. I basically am buying my 2022 JLR for about $1K more. Not bad for trading up 3 full model years.
Sponsored