Not open for further replies.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I have my 3.5 ordered, but have a question about the high steer.
It seems a few people have some issues with contact. Someone suggested it was because the kit was designed for a higher lift. In the off chance I have contact, would it make sense to instal a spacer/leveling puck to gain the extra bit of lift needed (1/2 or 3/4” extra)? If I do, would shock extension brackets be ok if I’m pushing outside the max travel of the monotube shocks I ordered? I told myself I wasn’t going beyond 3.5”, so there was no reason to buy the upgraded shocks. Now I’m second guessing. I have a steel bumper and heavy winch, with plans for a stinger eventually.
My rock monsters shipped yesterday, I might be shopping for 37’s this weekend. Current plan is Irok radials, but if anyone else has suggestions I’d appreciate them. I’ve been tempted to push to 38.5” or 39.5”, but not sure I want to do that to my D44’s. Regear is scheduled for late July to 5.13’s.
Edit: if you are suggesting a tire, can you tell me what backspace (or rim width and offset) you are running at?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I am running falcon sp2 3.3. I upgraded my springs to the synergy 4-5". This gave me plenty of clearance and works fine with the falcons. I may add a leveling puck to the rear as it's a bit lower than the front.

My*JLUR is very heavy with the extra fuel tank, armor, and 4 people.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
I am running falcon sp2 3.3. I upgraded my springs to the synergy 4-5". This gave me plenty of clearance and works fine with the falcons. I may add a leveling puck to the rear as it's a bit lower than the front.

My*JLUR is very heavy with the extra fuel tank, armor, and 4 people.
Ok, those are listed as supporting 2-4.5” lifts. The 2.1 monotubes show 2-3.5”. I haven’t dug deep enough to find the actual collapsed and extended limits.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
I have the 3.5 installed. I just have to tighten control arm bolts in the morning and bleed the brakes. I’m about to place an order for KM3 38.5’s. I can’t wait to drive it! Initial measurements show 3.5 almost spot on. I’m more even all around than stock, but need to top off the gas tank.

I still need an alignment, but I might try to wait until I get the new tires on. Those geo brackets almost got me at the end. I was able to figure it out though using my wife’s truck as an anchor for the LCA’s and then strategic jack stands to tilt the axle for the UCA mounts.

My wife is already concerned about how she’ll get in, and it still has stock KO2’s! Tire carrier goes on after I get proper measurements with a full tank of gas.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Geo-Lift System & High Steer Kit 03E8FBB5-CAD6-4BB2-BE62-5F0F0D9C14AA

Ok, mystery bolt time. My best guess is that this is for the steering stabilizer. I mixed a bolt and nut from the original steering stabilizer mounts. I figured the square bolt and flag nut didn’t belong.
Any ideas before I crash?!?

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a track bar bolt? Cant tell how big it is, but the picture behind it the track bar bolt looks like that @Some Random Guy

jlurubicon19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
03E8FBB5-CAD6-4BB2-BE62-5F0F0D9C14AA.jpeg

Ok, mystery bolt time. My best guess is that this is for the steering stabilizer. I mixed a bolt and nut from the original steering stabilizer mounts. I figured the square bolt and flag nut didn’t belong.
Looks like the track bar bolt and flange nut. See instructions; (11)
  1. Reconnect factory track bar to new Maximus-3 bracket.
    1. Slowly raise the axle and line up track bar bolt hole with the hole in the new bracket – you may need to pry
      the brackets apart to allow the track bar to drop in easily. Use the floor jack to maneuver the axle over to
      line up the holes. You can also use a ratchet strap to move the axle over.
    2. Connect the track bar using M14 track bar bolt and flanged nut supplied, but do not tighten for now.
    3. Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Geo-Lift System & High Steer Kit 03E8FBB5-CAD6-4BB2-BE62-5F0F0D9C14AA

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
I have all 6 track bar bolts installed. Originally I did not receive the rear track bar bracket, so maybe I ended up with an extra? Or I recycled an original bolt when I had a new one available?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I have all 6 track bar bolts installed. Originally I did not receive the rear track bar bracket, so maybe I ended up with an extra? Or I recycled an original bolt when I had a new one available?
Probably. Or the whole body is going to fall off the jeep. 🤷‍♂️ Jeep life is an adventure

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
Question for those with a manual.

How did you bolt down the brackets without an automatic transmission cross member? I’ve got the bolts on order, but I forgot to check what they thread into.

Edit: Ordered the wrong bolts. I got some M12x1.50 40mm long bolts. They're in there now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Geo-Lift System & High Steer Kit 500CCD31-ED55-4D8C-8E7E-D8EE1B69217C

Finally got the alignment done. The Toe adjustment quieted my tires down. I’ll drive it like this for a few months then replace the ball joints. Maybe I’ll explore some synergy adjustable arms if I still feel an occasional wobble. Undecided on track bars since they’re so close, I might be chasing numbers at this point if it drives good.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
Anyone having issues with their rear differential? I've cooked 1 gear set and the replacement is acting up within 100 miles in a short period of time and I'm starting to suspect the combo of stock control arms and 3.5" lift is causing issues with the diff angle.
I'm doing rear control arms soon to help fit bigger tires with this lift and alleviate this, but I was just curious. The shop has demonstrated some questionable knowledge to date, so I was ready to blame this on them but I don't want to toast a 3rd set of gears. My other possibilities are one of my pinion bearings can't handle the load or I got one of the magic D44's from '20 and prior that eats differential components.

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
Anyone having issues with their rear differential? I've cooked 1 gear set and the replacement is acting up within 100 miles in a short period of time and I'm starting to suspect the combo of stock control arms and 3.5" lift is causing issues with the diff angle.
I'm doing rear control arms soon to help fit bigger tires with this lift and alleviate this, but I was just curious. The shop has demonstrated some questionable knowledge to date, so I was ready to blame this on them but I don't want to toast a 3rd set of gears. My other possibilities are one of my pinion bearings can't handle the load or I got one of the magic D44's from '20 and prior that eats differential components.
I got about 10k miles on the stock 4,10s and about 20k on 4.88's... no issues. 3.5 lift with 37s the entire time.

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
Status
Not open for further replies.