Sponsored

First Official 2018 JL Wrangler Preview Images! 2 & 4 Door, in Firecracker Red & Granite

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
this will make me unhappy if this is indeed the case, because I spoke to two dealers this morning who both said I can still order the old JK. I have searched everywhere for half doors on a lot, no one seems to carry them. ugh
The admin posted this the other day;
http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...lu-order-bank-is-open.1467/page-16#post-16598

2B4B8C8C-470C-46DC-9EE8-B3CF7FC183BA.jpeg

And while I donā€™t think we know exactly which/what are ā€˜purgedā€™, I think they mean that all the old orders will be simply purged from that database that is shutting down and if you need to track it then you need to go to the other FCA resources elsewhere, while they update the system for JL ordering.

Though it could mean any new/recent or ā€˜heldā€™ orders (like those sitting in ā€˜Cā€™ status) are to be cancelled, but anything sitting in D/D1 (though possibly C) is OK and will simply be the last batch or JKs. But even that kinda seems unlikely.

The important takeaway is that no new JKs can be ordered.

Also, half-doors were always a limited issue recently, and they rely more on MOPAR (or 3rd party BesTop, etc) to accomodate that demand.
Sponsored

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
The admin posted this the other day;
http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...lu-order-bank-is-open.1467/page-16#post-16598

2B4B8C8C-470C-46DC-9EE8-B3CF7FC183BA.jpeg

And while I donā€™t think we know exactly which/what are ā€˜purgedā€™, I think they mean that all the old orders will be simply purged from that database that is shutting down and if you need to track it then you need to go to the other FCA resources elsewhere, while they update the system for JL ordering.

Though it could mean any new/recent or ā€˜heldā€™ orders (like those sitting in ā€˜Cā€™ status) are to be cancelled, but anything sitting in D/D1 (though possibly C) is OK and will simply be the last batch or JKs. But even that kinda seems unlikely.

The important takeaway is that no new JKs can be ordered.

Also, half-doors were always a limited issue recently, and they rely more on MOPAR (or 3rd party BesTop, etc) to accomodate that demand.
the one dealer told me that they could possibly do it where they change an existing order for something they were ordering for stock, to make it the way I want it. Do you think he is blowing smoke there, or is that a workaround?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the one dealer told me that they could possibly do it where they change an existing order for something they were ordering for stock, to make it the way I want it. Do you think he is blowing smoke there, or is that a workaround?
Sounds like a lot of smoke, since they say they are purging and closing the JK system, which means the option to alter anything would be gone, especially on any order that could be altered (ie didnā€™t go to C/D status).

However, go in, and watch him try to prove that wrong, if he can do it, what do you have to lose?

If anything it gives you a ā€œyou wasted my Fā€™in timeā€ bargaining chip for them to work for your business after Xmas when you leverage their year-end quotas/deals to maximize your discounts! however that chip is very small so donā€™t expect them to care too much about your time really.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
This angle of the picture I liked

150966116963861.jpg
The lighting in this pic makes the Granite almost look like a chocolate brown.....

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of cool to compare the JLWranglerForums.com Renderings vs Actual JL Photos:

First Round:

2018-wrangler-unlimited-front-jlwranglerforums-1-jpg.jpg

2nd Round:

wrangler-2018-front-tagged-jpg.jpg

Actual:

jeep-wrangler-1-jpg.jpg

Dr Colg8

First Name
Dr Colg8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 call of duty MW3 JKU Rubicon , 2013 Harley CVO Breakout
I think you have the displacement figures mixed up.

The engine options will be: 2.0L turbo 4 cylinder "Hurricane" engine, 3.0L diesel engine, and the 3.6L Pentastar engine. But the JT will only get the 3.0L Diesel and 3.6L Pentastar. It's not coming with the 2.0L Hurricane turbo engine.
I assume I will have to wait for the numbers release to compare to 20l turbodiesel vs the 3.0l. A guess would be that the 2.0 turbo would be better on hwy and 3.0l non turbo would be more gutsy?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Not sure how i feel about those "goat eye" headlights. They're kind of wigging me out. Other than that, I love it!
Same here. Everything looks good except the lack of padding on the roll cage and the headlights. I really hope the size and plug is the same as the JK. I'd be more than happy to move my JW Speaker headlights over.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, I never had an issue or even noticed the headlights until I read "goat eyes."

Thanks alot! :cwl:

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I assume I will have to wait for the numbers release to compare to 20l turbodiesel vs the 3.0l. A guess would be that the 2.0 turbo would be better on hwy and 3.0l non turbo would be more gutsy?
You have confused a few things... The 2.0L is a gas turbo charged 4 cylinder called the "Hurricane". The 3.0L is a turbo charged and is in fact the turbo diesel 6 cylinder called the "ecodiesel".

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really hope the size and plug is the same as the JK. I'd be more than happy to move my JW Speaker headlights over.
Yeah, the JL still uses the annoying H13 connector, I was hoping it would be replaced so we could get better lighting options, and people with JK lights can sell them and upgrade.

The OEM JK LEDs from the past 2years have been good , butmthese are a different animal, so weā€™ll have to see how much light they give off, and what the pattern &cutoff looks like.

Zenman

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 10A JK Rubicon
I was thinking of trading my JK for a 4 door but that red JL has me salivating. I only hope it is like my wifeā€™s Lincoln and the lights come on when you get close to it and the words ā€œJeepā€ are projected on the pavement. And that heated steering wheel, oh man!

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
There are 4 bolts per pillar. Look again
I'm sorry, must have missed those. I see the four (4) bolts on the hood cowl, but where are the four bolts on the pillar area for driving lights?
Sponsored