First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Good lord. A budget boost with longer control arms corrects the one measurement that significantly alters the driving characteristics of the vehicle. Caster, which is marginal at best from the factory. The only other thing that is slightly altered is the axle position with the stock track bars. But the 2" of lift is not enough to really upset, or shift the axle enough to cause any concern. And telling me and others that you trust the factory more than the aftermarket because they do more testing isn't quite the discussion winner you think it is. Especially when they use the exact same control arms and track bars for everything from a short sitting 2 dr sport, to the factory lifted Xtreme Recon. My setup is about the same height as the Xtreme Recon, but I have actually gotten a better setup with the longer front lower control arms. You even ranted on about springs, and I'm still using factory springs....

Then you said you aren't interested in lifting, but then posted pictures of a Raptor as comparison, that sits taller than Factory, and completely proves my point from earlier that it will take several thousands of dollars to try to be as good as a solid axle.

All while completely ignoring the points from earlier. Right now there are not any good answers for the components that are breaking. The rack and pinion just can't handle larger tires. Even when HIGHLY modified.

And you definitely can't buy a Bronco for cheaper than a Jeep right now because the dealers are market adjusting so much. Or you wait YEARS for one that you hope to get at MSRP. But even some of the people who did this are reporting dealers have screwed them over and added fees to make up for their loss if they sold it from the lot.

Again, what are the positives? @Richtor Seriously, this has devolved into a giant shit show.
Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Good lord. A budget boost with longer control arms corrects the one measurement that significantly alters the driving characteristics of the vehicle. Caster, which is marginal at best from the factory. The only other thing that is slightly altered is the axle position with the stock track bars. But the 2" of lift is not enough to really upset, or shift the axle enough to cause any concern. And telling me and others that you trust the factory more than the aftermarket because they do more testing isn't quite the discussion winner you think it is. Especially when they use the exact same control arms and track bars for everything from a short sitting 2 dr sport, to the factory lifted Xtreme Recon. My setup is about the same height as the Xtreme Recon, but I have actually gotten a better setup with the longer front lower control arms. You even ranted on about springs, and I'm still using factory springs....

Then you said you aren't interested in lifting, but then posted pictures of a Raptor as comparison, that sits taller than Factory, and completely proves my point from earlier that it will take several thousands of dollars to try to be as good as a solid axle.

All while completely ignoring the points from earlier. Right now there are not any good answers for the components that are breaking. The rack and pinion just can't handle larger tires. Even when HIGHLY modified.

And you definitely can't buy a Bronco for cheaper than a Jeep right now because the dealers are market adjusting so much. Or you wait YEARS for one that you hope to get at MSRP. But even some of the people who did this are reporting dealers have screwed them over and added fees to make up for their loss if they sold it from the lot.

Again, what are the positives? @Richtor Seriously, this has devolved into a giant shit show.
Awesome post! I was seeking to purchase a Jeep a couple years ago. They were so cheap the dealers were asking more than the msrp of my Bronco order 2 years later.

I will tell you one thing this forum is so welcoming. My only question, if the JL is so great why is everyone so scared of the Bronco? I’m out. Enjoy everyone!

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Lol, finally...

Faced with facts the troll cannot refute he makes one last exclamation of condescending superiority and retreats to his cave.

Nobody here is afraid of the Bronco, we are laughing at it, and the fools who have flooded the forum to espouse the superiority of what is largely vaporware.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship

They got more wheel travel out of the Bronco than I expected with the stock arms. But they definitely achieved the result I was expecting, broken R+P. Along with loads of broken steering linkages before this vid. I still believe that it is ridiculous to try to run anything larger than a 35 on IFS unless it is a fully built race car. The costs far outweigh any benefits. My JLUR is only running a modified 2" spacer lift, and I run 38s with trimming and some slight rubbing. Still drives like a dream on the road. And I haven't broken anything yet. All in I have only spent about 2k and that is including the beadlocks and tires. I dare any Broncos to build a more capable rig than mine for even a few thousand more.
If it’s ridiculous then Ford is the supreme leader of ridiculosity as it will offer both Raptor and Bronco Raptor with IFS and 37s and neither is a fully built race car.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Lol, finally...

Faced with facts the troll cannot refute he makes one last exclamation of condescending superiority and retreats to his cave.

Nobody here is afraid of the Bronco, we are laughing at it, and the fools who have flooded the forum to espouse the superiority of what is largely vaporware.
He has done that like 20 times. Dude always comes back 😂

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
If it’s ridiculous then Ford is the supreme leader of ridiculosity as it will offer both Raptor and Bronco Raptor with IFS and 37s and neither is a fully built race car.
Yes, I agree with your statement. The undisputed leader of ridiculosity (not even sure that is a real word), because 37s on a factory IFS system is going to be a nightmare to maintain. Broken stuff is bound to happen.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Awesome post! I was seeking to purchase a Jeep a couple years ago. They were so cheap the dealers were asking more than the msrp of my Bronco order 2 years later.

I will tell you one thing this forum is so welcoming. My only question, if the JL is so great why is everyone so scared of the Bronco? I’m out. Enjoy everyone!
Saw that you were logged in lurking, I put together a little slide show for you.

Screenshot_20220101-222635_Instagram~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220101-222755_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220101-222635_Instagram~2.jpg

FB_IMG_1634949659048.jpg

FB_IMG_1634949054041.jpg
Sponsored