Sponsored

Fridge Slider with Trail Rail System or Goose Gear Platform?

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I am very familiar with both Goose Gear and the American Adventure labs platforms for fridge sliders. I have been leaning towards the Goose Gear platform to add a fridge slide but my 392 shipped with the trail rail management system.

I was curious if there is a way to add a fridge slide to the existing trail rail system without major modifications or having to do a full platform swap from goose gear. Is this possible or should I just stick with a Goose Gear platform if I want the slide?
Sponsored

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I am thinking about how to use the Trail Rails to mount a platform/plywood to attach my fridge slide to. Need to figure out if a certain size bolt head will fit in the rail and lock in place without spinning.... experiments will begin soon.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I am thinking about how to use the Trail Rails to mount a platform/plywood to attach my fridge slide to. Need to figure out if a certain size bolt head will fit in the rail and lock in place without spinning.... experiments will begin soon.
Yeah was thinking this too but then only one side will be locked. I might just order the slider and see what I can do with the trail rail system. If nothing viable comes from it I’ll just order the Goose Gear Platform.

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I am very familiar with both Goose Gear and the American Adventure labs platforms for fridge sliders. I have been leaning towards the Goose Gear platform to add a fridge slide but my 392 shipped with the trail rail management system.

I was curious if there is a way to add a fridge slide to the existing trail rail system without major modifications or having to do a full platform swap from goose gear. Is this possible or should I just stick with a Goose Gear platform if I want the slide?
Why would you add a bunch of heavy plywood covered in bedliner to your vehicle (Goose Gear), or a bunch of aluminum where you lose height (AAL) and access to the rear compartment?

Drago Jeep Products makes the lowest (height increase is minimized allowing you to fit larger or taller fridges) and tightest fitting (can be shifted to the drivers side more than others, leaving far more room) slide. Since it uses the existing bolt holes, it should work perfectly with the trail rail management system. Everything is heavier duty with them. From the aluminum to the slides themselves, all top quality with no expense spared. Oh, and made by hand in the USA.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge Slider with Trail Rail System or Goose Gear Platform? 1632499959729

https://dragojeepproducts.com/products/jeep-jl-fridge-slide

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
One option might be to get the slide you want, subject to dimensional limits, install some nutserts placed where the frame mounts to the floor and bolt it in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
One option might be to get the slide you want, subject to dimensional limits, install some nutserts placed where the frame mounts to the floor and bolt it in.
True. Not a bad idea. Was trying to avoid anything permanent though.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
While they are permanent they also serve the purpose. And if changes occur and that frame comes out it's one more place to thread a tie-down into!

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Why would you add a bunch of heavy plywood covered in bedliner to your vehicle (Goose Gear), or a bunch of aluminum where you lose height (AAL) and access to the rear compartment?

Drago Jeep Products makes the lowest (height increase is minimized allowing you to fit larger or taller fridges) and tightest fitting (can be shifted to the drivers side more than others, leaving far more room) slide. Since it uses the existing bolt holes, it should work perfectly with the trail rail management system. Everything is heavier duty with them. From the aluminum to the slides themselves, all top quality with no expense spared. Oh, and made by hand in the USA.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge Slider with Trail Rail System or Goose Gear Platform? 1632499959729

https://dragojeepproducts.com/products/jeep-jl-fridge-slide
Drago’s slide caught my eye tonight when I was doing fridge slide research for my future 392XR build. Think I’ll be going with their slide and shelf setup when I pull the trigger. Rear jack/storage access is a must and I don’t want to replace the entire rear floor of my vehicle with a plate system (AAL or Goose Gear) to make a slide work.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Drago’s slide caught my eye tonight when I was doing fridge slide research for my future 392XR build. Think I’ll be going with their slide and shelf setup when I pull the trigger. Rear jack/storage access is a must and I don’t want to replace the entire rear floor of my vehicle with a plate system (AAL or Goose Gear) to make a slide work.
Certainly not a bad option but for $800 I think I’ll use the trail rail system to keep it tied down while driving and simply leave it out overnight unless bad weather is in the forecast. I was worried about animals, but really only bears can do real damage and if they want my fridge, it’s probably better outside the Jeep anyways.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Any luck yet? Think I found my current solution but looking for other options as well.

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Not to mention the weight savings of not having a bed-linered piece of plywood in your new Jeep.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Your setup is awesome!
Thanks my friend. I really love it. Researched many options and super happy on what I settled with as my final setup.

Last edited:

2JeepsJL&LJ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL, 2005 Jeep LJ
Here is what I did with Goose Gear. I put my own railing on top for additional storage. Haven't used it yet but I think it look like a clean set up.

IMG_4648.JPG

IMG_4647.JPG
Sponsored