First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Auto park is driving me nuts. Am i the only one? If you push to start and then step on the brake, auto park engages. If you start, then open the door and then shift into gear, auto park engages. I have to shut off the engine and start all over even though the display says shift to park and then drive, but that doesn't work. I'd like it gone---any suggestions.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Auto park is driving me nuts. Am i the only one? If you push to start and then step on the brake, auto park engages. If you start, then open the door and then shift into gear, auto park engages. I have to shut off the engine and start all over even though the display says shift to park and then drive, but that doesn't work. I'd like it gone---any suggestions.

You have to close the door before you shift into park to disengage the auto-park. If you open the door again, it will reengage. I'm still not aware of any scenario where you'd need to drive with your door open so it shouldn't be a big issue for anyone.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
After going from an auto-Park to a non-autopark car this thing absolutely saved my hide. Almost drove my friends Benz into her garage expecting it to have autopark.. lol. Not sure if that's a point for or against autopark. It couldn't be disabled on any cars I've owned with it (BMWs, Fords).

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Does autopark only engage if the door is open and the seatbelt unbuckled? It's happened a few times where I started to drive off, realized my door was not fully closed, opened and closed my door while driving 15-20 mph to properly close it and nothing happened.
If you were driving highway speeds, no seatbelt, and opened the door, would the jeep just slam itself in to park? Seems like a safety hazard at that point.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Does autopark only engage if the door is open and the seatbelt unbuckled? It's happened a few times where I started to drive off, realized my door was not fully closed, opened and closed my door while driving 15-20 mph to properly close it and nothing happened.
If you were driving highway speeds, no seatbelt, and opened the door, would the jeep just slam itself in to park? Seems like a safety hazard at that point.
I'm assuming it wouldn't because at that speed the park pawl would just sheer off if it tried to go into park.

Sponsored

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
Not sure if JL is the same way, but WKs' with a similar system will go into auto park only if you are below a certain speed and seatbelt is unbuckled with door open.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm still not aware of any scenario where you'd need to drive with your door open so it shouldn't be a big issue for anyone.
When backing up to my boat for hookup, I get out and check how close I am. No the camera does not help. If I am out by an inch or so I would hop back into the jeep, leave the door open, reverse the jeep, check and repeat.
Now I have to actually get in and close the door each time.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
When backing up to my boat for hookup, I get out and check how close I am. No the camera does not help. If I am out by an inch or so I would hop back into the jeep, leave the door open, reverse the jeep, check and repeat.
So one scenario... lol That would take a little getting used to.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
You should be able to leave the seat belt inserted into the slot behind you to avoid auto park in this case..At your own risk of course

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Buckle your seat belt.

I'm assuming it wouldn't because at that speed the park pawl would just sheer off if it tried to go into park.
Park will not engage, it is electronically interlocked to the vehicle speed. Must be 0 MPH to engage.

VanSchmittenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Grand Cherokee Laredo
After going from an auto-Park to a non-autopark car this thing absolutely saved my hide. Almost drove my friends Benz into her garage expecting it to have autopark.. lol. Not sure if that's a point for or against autopark. It couldn't be disabled on any cars I've owned with it (BMWs, Fords).
Seriously? Donā€™t we learn you have to put your vehicle in park? I donā€™t think we should have to rely on a safety measure like that. Sure, itā€™s nice to have but thatā€™s for the case you FORGET to shift into park. Not to be made a regular occurrence.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Seriously? Donā€™t we learn you have to put your vehicle in park? I donā€™t think we should have to rely on a safety measure like that. Sure, itā€™s nice to have but thatā€™s for the case you FORGET to shift into park. Not to be made a regular occurrence.
Yea, that is a terrible idea. Never assume a safety feature will work.

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Sounds kind of complex. Even more glad I ordered a manual!