Sponsored

2" lift with 35s, any regrets with this set-up? Ideal set-up for 35s?

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon

Hey,

I’m looking to go with 35s on my JL Rubicon (I know it can handle this size in stock format). All on-road usage.

I was looking to do a 2” lift as well. I’ve seen a few pictures of this set-up…sometimes it looks great and other times it looks like there’s a lot of space between the tire and fenders.

Anyone regret this set-up? If so, would you have preferred to remain at the stock height, and/or just do 1.5" lift?

I’m not interested in running 37s.

Thanks ;)
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Mopar lift with 315 KO2's, and I absolutely love it. Yes, there is a bit of space between the tires and fenders, but yoiu need it if you do any serious off roading. With the swaybar disconnected, the rear tires get way up into that wheel well at full flex. Mine gives about an inch of clearance, maybe a little less, at full flex, which is just right. I've been through some thick mud, and there is no problem, even with it caked up in there. 37's will rub. The KO2 315 or even 35x12.5 is a small-ish 35. There is room with this lift for a tire on the larger side of 35, at full flex, and remember, there is A LOT of flex with the Rubicon. Heck, there's a lot of flex even without the swaybar disconnected.

Also, keep in mind I'm running stock wheels with no spacers. Some don't like that look, either. I can tell you, though, that this Jeep turns heads in a crowd, so I don't think there is a problem with the looks. Let me know if you'd like any more pics. The trail performance is more important to me, though, and it is exceptional.

ozIhbed.jpg

sngQtK3.jpg

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Yeah, I can see where the dilemma might rise...I’m contemplating the same. From the plethora of pics, as i dont have mine yet, the 35’s have the right proportion visually to the body but the lift starts to demand a bigger tire. I won’t go 37 till I prove to myself that I need’m. Is the 2” mopar lift actually hitting >= 3”?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I can see where the dilemma might rise...I’m contemplating the same. From the plethora of pics, as i dont have mine yet, the 35’s have the right proportion visually to the body but the lift starts to demand a bigger tire. I won’t go 37 till I prove to myself that I need’m. Is the 2” mopar lift actually hitting >= 3”?
I think the Mopar lift is hitting at least 3". I put the 35's on before the lift and while it looked good, I though it looked like the tires were a bit stuffed in there, but that's just my own perspective. The best thing to do is look at as many as you can and then duplicate as close as possible what looks best to you. If off road capability is considered you'll have to be a bit careful. Some guys will tell you they don't rub, but they don't really flex them to their potential, and/or they don't disconnect the front swaybar. I hear guys all the time saying 35's don't rub on a stock Rubi, but they do when at full flex.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
35" Toyo Open Country MT's on Mopar Beadlocks.
do you think the lack of rubbing is due to the BS of the mopar wheels? your rig looks great by the way

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
do you think the lack of rubbing is due to the BS of the mopar wheels? your rig looks great by the way
I don't know for sure. I ran the factory wheels for a bit with the Toyos and they didn't rub either at all.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be doing the same to mine. I have 315/70s and my Mopar lift will be here tomorrow. I love the way the 37s look, but there are many factors that make 37s not ideal.

-Load D or E. Much less comfortable than my C rated tires. Lets be honest, majority use will be daily driving for me.
-Rubs at full flex still (watch the [Banned Site] video testing it out)
-Worse MPGs (again, daily driving)
-Price
-I'd have to re-fix my speedo since its already programmed for my 35s

It sure does look better on 37s, but it just makes much more sense to go with 35s, especially with those photos above showing just how much space there is at full flex with 35s, let alone 37s.

JB3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Jeep JLU
I have a JLUR manual transmission with the Mopar lift, Mopar beadlocks and running BFG 35s and I wish I would have done 37s after 5,000 miles. My MPG in the current setup is sub 15 MPG and normally sub 13. 4th gear up any size hill is about all the 4.1 gearing will handle. For interstate driving I have to shift out of 6th to 5th if there is a slight incline even at speeds above 65 mph. I can't imagine 37s would be much worse than what I already get.

In terms of added height, the 37s will only another inch for the family to crawl in; I don't think they will notice if I don't tell them.

I plan to upgrade tire size and gearing once I get closer to 20k miles on the ride to help maximize the investment already made. I will likely keep my spare as a 35 however just to save the money.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be eating my own words at this point:

Switched to 37s and overall like it, but you do get a much larger (although nothing serious) degradation in daily driving on them over going to 35s from 33s. Little more wiggle in them and you do notice them but they look much better.

I feel like a TRUE 2" lift would look good on 35s, but with the Mopar being so much closer to 3" I never got happy with the lift to tire size. At the end of the day, the main reason to lift is to add larger tires to gain clearance and with that Mopar lift the 37s just make sense. If I would have done it again with the 315/70s I would have looked at the Teraflex 2" or the skyjacker 1.5" and just throw on some Fox / Falcon shocks. I think that would be a much more daily appropriate setup without too much gap.

IMG_20180803_134309.jpg

sketch-1533336910832.png
Sponsored