Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
With new guides being released monthly, is there any real chance that Jeep could add more interesting "major" options such as (for illustrative purposes) the Xtreme Recon package, or a diesel engine option, ... etc. at this point in time for 2 door 2022 JL Rubicons? Or, is time for such additions past?
Anything is possible, but if you wait for something that hasn’t even been announced, you might be waiting for something that never comes
Sponsored

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Yeah, most are just anxiously awaiting on some leaked 2022 colors to be confirmed sooner than later, including GOBI and EARL.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
With new guides being released monthly, is there any real chance that Jeep could add more interesting "major" options such as (for illustrative purposes) the Xtreme Recon package, or a diesel engine option, ... etc. at this point in time for 2 door 2022 JL Rubicons? Or, is time for such additions past?
In normal times anything is possible but some things are not probable. FCA has been known to add special editions with options bundled. Who knows if they will with the parts shortages? They have also been known to add colors. I herd a rumor there might be a power-step option in the Wrangler's future. I would not hold your breath for 2-door options and models. The 2-door seems to get less and less.

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
In normal times anything is possible but some things are not probable. FCA has been known to add special editions with options bundled. Who knows if they will with the parts shortages? They have also been known to add colors. I herd a rumor there might be a power-step option in the Wrangler's future. I would not hold your breath for 2-door options and models. The 2-door seems to get less and less.
Sad but true. Just yesterday, FCA announced that they would no longer be selling 2 door Wranglers in Europe. Only selling the 4xe. Makes me wonder if a 4xe will ever come out for the 2 door in the states. I’d been hoping so, but now I’m not so sure.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sad but true. Just yesterday, FCA announced that they would no longer be selling 2 door Wranglers in Europe. Only selling the 4xe. Makes me wonder if a 4xe will ever come out for the 2 door in the states. I’d been hoping so, but now I’m not so sure.
I don't think the 2-door will get the 4xe. I thought I read no room for the battery or something like that.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
If Gobi isn't on the Dec order guide I may have to put a deposit on a GR86, don't make me do it Jeep!!

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
If Gobi isn't on the Dec order guide I may have to put a deposit on a GR86, don't make me do it Jeep!!
Below is a press release about the 4xe in Europe, but if the color rollout schedule is the same, it indicates Spring of 2022 for Gobi:

“This is also the first time Tuscadero and Gobi are available for orders on all Jeep Wrangler trims: the first can be ordered from now through January 2022 while the second will be available for orders for a limited period starting from spring through the summer of 2022.”

https://www.media.stellantis.com/em...ed-and-technologically-advanced-wrangler-ever

Sponsored

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Essentially the JLR costs 1k more, but they are giving you the 2k 8.4 package for free. So for those who recently ordered with that option, you could have had the car for 1k cheaper less affiliate discount = 500 cheaper.
Priced out, the JLR I plan to order is still $1k more for 2022. Maybe it’s bc it’s a manual? Not sure.

coyoteslocos

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Was hoping 2 door Rubicons would get the Xtreme Recon package. Maybe someday.

Reactions: AFD

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
There’s a rumor that there may be a 12/7/21 version of the order guide. Could this be true?

Also, many thanks for posting the order guides on the forum. I’m planning to order a Wrangler in the next couple weeks. So this is incredibly helpful.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s a rumor that there may be a 12/7/21 version of the order guide. Could this be true?

Also, many thanks for posting the order guides on the forum. I’m planning to order a Wrangler in the next couple weeks. So this is incredibly helpful.
There usually is a new order guide every month or so.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR