Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Quick question, in the product website it says the bulb will not work with the factory LED options, does it mean that I cannot use it for my Sport Altitude with factory LED package? Thanks.
If you're asking about a switchback bulb, if your turn signals are halogen, then it will work. If LED it will not.
Sponsored

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Jeep Wrangler JL HELP!! 2021 Willys Fender Light / DRL Questions 20211028_161335

So I got my willys this past week, canadian so have dlr and no off option on the light switch either.

This is what it looks like in daytime. The center led is dim light, the halo is also on but dim. The 2 lights in each fender are both halogen one amber on white.

Is there a way to get the halo ring to be the dlr with the center light off instead of both on because u can't really see the halo on at all.

Also I just want to put led in the fenders so I think 1 white and 1 switchback would look nice.

Thoughts?

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
With the Willys now available with the XR package, would it now have the same fender lights as a Rubicon?

OP
OP
a23persaud

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
With the Willys now available with the XR package, would it now have the same fender lights as a Rubicon?
Not sure! What is the XR package?

Sponsored

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Thanks for this thread, I got the Oracle replacements and even during the day I can tell they're much brighter! If it helps anyone, these are the exact bulbs I pulled out of my Willys:

Jeep Wrangler JL HELP!! 2021 Willys Fender Light / DRL Questions IMG_2442

There were no directions...so if it helps out anyone as dense as me, turns out it matters in the direction you install them. Facing the side with the letters CK "out" towards me on both sides was the correct orientation. I first installed them "in" (towards the engine) and they didn't work and I got "Fender lights out" messages on the dash.

vol jeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
20211028_161335.jpg

So I got my willys this past week, canadian so have dlr and no off option on the light switch either.

This is what it looks like in daytime. The center led is dim light, the halo is also on but dim. The 2 lights in each fender are both halogen one amber on white.

Is there a way to get the halo ring to be the dlr with the center light off instead of both on because u can't really see the halo on at all.

Also I just want to put led in the fenders so I think 1 white and 1 switchback would look nice.

Thoughts?
My Willy’s started its life in Canada so I’m in the same situation and have the same question. I’d like to have the halos as my DRLs.
thanks.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Willy’s started its life in Canada so I’m in the same situation and have the same question. I’d like to have the halos as my DRLs.
thanks.
I ended up going using the jscan app with an odb Bluetooth doggie. Works well and a lot cheaper then the tazer. You will need the bypass Y cable as well to connect it. Fou d on Amazon cheap.

vol jeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up going using the jscan app with an odb Bluetooth doggie. Works well and a lot cheaper then the tazer. You will need the bypass Y cable as well to connect it. Fou d on Amazon cheap.
I have the JScan app and an OBD bluetooth dongle, but the app license is for the 2016 JKUR I just traded for my Willys.

What is a by-pass Y cable and what does it connect to?

Sponsored

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the JScan app and an OBD bluetooth dongle, but the app license is for the 2016 JKUR I just traded for my Willys.

What is a by-pass Y cable and what does it connect to?
You have to disconnect the obd2 port from behind as this is Chryslers security feature. There are 2 plugs that go to it. Then you plug the wiring Y harness into those 2 plugs and that becomes your new obd2 port

See attached for what it looks like

Jeep Wrangler JL HELP!! 2021 Willys Fender Light / DRL Questions Screenshot_20221012-071223_Google

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

You have to disconnect the obd2 port from behind as this is Chryslers security feature. There are 2 plugs that go to it. Then you plug the wiring Y harness into those 2 plugs and that becomes your new obd2 port
This is incorrect. It is not the OBD2 port. It is the Security Gateway Module that the cable connects to.

Read this post on the recommendations for using JSCAN and what you need to do so.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is incorrect. It is not the OBD2 port. It is the Security Gateway Module that the cable connects to.

Read this post on the recommendations for using JSCAN and what you need to do so.
Reply sorry it's been about a year since I did it. It's the SGM that's plugged into the odb2 that needs to be bypassed. You can put it back after you are done but I just tucked the y cable up inside.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It's the SGM that's plugged into the odb2 that needs to be bypassed.
The SGM is a separate module and is not plugged into the OBD2 port.

vol jeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks guys! I’ll start looking for what I need. I need to get a new license for JScan.
Sponsored