multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
OP, funny thing you mentioned “monstrosity” in your first post. That’s actually a Maibatsu Monstrosity. “Mine’s bigger!”

andrew4fins

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It’s an armored up Ford chassis. Forgot the manufactures name. Was featured in Recoil magazine a few years back. Used to live in Boca Raton FL n saw one every day. Had a dealer of exotic cars down street from office and a guy drove one. Saw it all over town. Could buy a Lamborghini for what this costs. Armor is optional I think.

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Thats the new EV vehicle the government is shoving down our throats.

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Its as if the builder started with a grumper and figured why stop, let’s grumper the whole thing..

Jeep Wrangler JL What the #@&% is this abomination? 9A902BEB-3177-400E-9248-4337AAA23EEA

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Ridden in a much older version of the USSV RHINO when I was in Iraq. Over there we used them to move civilian contractors from one place to another without the military.
Over here as a privately owned vehicle it just screams look at me, I have to compensate. There are other armored vehicles that are subtle and don't draw attention that are more effective.

OP
OP
misanthrope

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Ridden in a much older version of the USSV RHINO when I was in Iraq. Over there we used them to move civilian contractors from one place to another without the military.
Over here as a privately owned vehicle it just screams look at me, I have to compensate. There are other armored vehicles that are subtle and don't draw attention that are more effective.
This.
If you're driving around in one of these because there is a real danger of encountering an IED or an RPG, O.K.
But when you're taking it to the mall during the Christmas shopping season...

Jeb22

First Name
Jeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (White)
I believe it is the Knight XV, built by Conquest Vehicles. They build high end armored vehicles for private, gov't and corporate use.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
At that price point, I'd safely rule out the possibility of it being associated with any of the local police departments swat teams. They prefer the more budget friendly decommissioned military vehicles.

On the tail end of my repair shop days, we started combing through newly acquired armored and soon to be armored versions. Port Washington was the 1st, I believe, and it snowballed to other local Northshore Nassau depts.

I only have pics of these 2 in this phone. We also had a couple of deuce and a halfs, one of which was owned by one of our officer friends and member of a local antique and military truck club.

Jeep Wrangler JL What the #@&% is this abomination? Dtjjvxf
Jeep Wrangler JL What the #@&% is this abomination? 20180604_174748

It took me a while to talk my wife out of this one. She wanted it for commuting over rush hour traffic. Yes, I meant over. I told her that nurses are supposed to help patients, not create them. 😆

Sponsored

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
I’m pretty sure I saw this guy in midtown a few weeks ago. I was walking back to Penn Station and saw a very similar looking truck trying to maneuver through traffic. He wasn’t very good at it.

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Saw this monstrosity on the road today.
I mean, nobody is forcing you to drive and/or look at it -- why let it affect you so viscerally?

This is the wonderful thing about America: we should have the freedom to express ourselves without the fear of persecution (although, that's sort of been dwindling in the last couple of years).

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Saw this monstrosity on the road today. Looks pretty armored and even has grab handles/ foot slots for outside security. It looks to be 5 tons if it's a pound. I'm not going to say it belongs to some trashy dude with more money than sense, but it does have FL plates...

Looks like somebody from the South Fork was doing some wine tasting on the North Fork.

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Storm chasers?
Sponsored