passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
325C174A-A7C6-476F-A6CC-B283C03535A3.jpeg
Yes, also want to know this, specifically a denim fanny pack, that is what I have. :cwl:
well now i’m really screwed because i need it to fit into the pocket of my sweet kangaroo sneakers. if it doesn’t, i have to wear the fanny pack

tommygiggles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
For everyone wondering how ridiculous the fob looks if you have manual locks, here it is.

fob2.jpg fob1.jpg

I'm almost guaranteed to lock myself out of my JL at some point, since the fob is too big to keep in my pocket while driving, and without remote locks I manually lock the door on my way out of the car.

Sponsored

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
We just took delivery of our JLU. Absolutely, hate the key fob. Just can't believe it has to be that big to function.

tommygiggles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
We just took delivery of our JLU. Absolutely, hate the key fob. Just can't believe it has to be that big to function.
It 100% doesn't need to be that big to function, it's a (very poor) design choice made by Jeep.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Dont you have push button start and electric door locks ? i didn't know you could get it with roll up widows and manual door locks.I thought they all came with electric windows and door locks

tommygiggles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Dont you have push button start and electric door locks ? i didn't know you could get it with roll up widows and manual door locks.I thought they all came with electric windows and door locks
The Sport comes with manual windows and door locks, and doesn't give you the choice to add them. You have to get the Sport S (or higher) for electric locks/windows.
It does have push button start, although I wish it didn't.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
It 100% doesn't need to be that big to function, it's a (very poor) design choice made by Jeep.
I think they made that big to stand out and look cool. and it does get your attention its looks cool

Sponsored

tommygiggles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
I think they made that big to stand out and look cool. and it does get your attention its looks cool
It looks less cool when you have to wear a fanny pack because it doesn't fit in your pocket.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
No thank me pack for me I'll make it fit in my pocket I usually wear cargo shorts or my jeans aren't that tight I can put in my pocket I'm waiting for my JL
It looks less cool when you have to wear a fanny pack because it doesn't fit in your pocket.[/QUOTE

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon M/T 2dr, 2009 Nissan Xterra Off Road M/T with a 2" lift
Vehicle Showcase
By any chance, does anyone know if there's a backup / emergency way to start the JL, like a hidden key hole? I hate push-button starts (seriously, why is pushing a button so much better than turning a key?), and I'm concerned that if my key fob fails I won't be able to start my Jeep. Sure, it's unlikely, but let's say my fob falls into some water ... or, years from now, the battery dies. One of my current vehicles has a dead fob (a new battery didn't fix the problem), so I have to manually lock/unlock the door with the key like I'm living in the 1980s.

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
By any chance, does anyone know if there's a backup / emergency way to start the JL, like a hidden key hole? I hate push-button starts (seriously, why is pushing a button so much better than turning a key?), and I'm concerned that if my key fob fails I won't be able to start my Jeep. Sure, it's unlikely, but let's say my fob falls into some water ... or, years from now, the battery dies. One of my current vehicles has a dead fob (a new battery didn't fix the problem), so I have to manually lock/unlock the door with the key like I'm living in the 1980s.
If the battery dies, you can still use the push button start. In owners manual, it states all you do is place fob right up against push button and it will work. Guess it uses NFC technology as well. If the electronics get screwed up in the fob though, I have no idea if that will work.

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
The one bad thing I find about keyless is I can't hide a key like on my JK for when I lost my keys.
Sponsored