Sponsored

Warranty Restriction on 2020 Rubi

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I've already talked to the dealer I bought it from, he went back and looked and said there was no indication whatsoever that the warranty was restricted, and there is no "record" of it ever having a lift on it that he can find.
This might sound completely absurd, but the cheapest way out of this may be to order a new vehicle from a volume dealer and sell your existing.

But I'd be telling the dealer to make me entirely whole (which means buying back the vehicle for all monies paid if they can't get the warranty reinstated in a certain amount of time). Check your paperwork but my guess is they sold you a vehicle that they stated had a warranty. I don't know the legal side of that though, thus my first statement above knowing if you have to fight, it will get expensive.
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
This might sound completely absurd, but the cheapest way out of this may be to order a new vehicle from a volume dealer and sell your existing.

But I'd be telling the dealer to make me entirely whole (which means buying back the vehicle for all monies paid if they can't get the warranty reinstated in a certain amount of time). Check your paperwork but my guess is they sold you a vehicle that they stated had a warranty. I don't know the legal side of that though, thus my first statement above knowing if you have to fight, it will get expensive.
That dealer may want the vehicle back for what he sold it for, if it has gone up a lot due to shortages.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
That dealer may want the vehicle back for what he sold it for, if it has gone up a lot due to shortages.
Entirely possible, though with an invalid warranty known, that will reduce the value a bit.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
By the way, "the carfax didn't list any of these problems" is the exact phrase which makes dealers love Carfax. Regardless of if they're liable or not, they get you to shift the blame to Carfax who probably isn't responsible (from a legal point of view) and would likely be difficult to sue.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
This kind of thread is so fucking dumb. Nobody should give a rats ass about the warranty coverage of shocks and springs. You will never have a claim on them. Ever.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited with 21,500 miles +/-

I took my wife's Jeep into the dealer (AutoNation CJDR of Johnson City, TN) and they told me that a restriction was placed on my warranty because a prior owner had a lift kit installed (and subsequently removed). However, when I purchased the vehicle, there was no lift kit on the vehicle, nor any evidence that there ever had been. I had no reason to suspect that the warranty wasn't in full effect, and I have made no modifications to the Jeep other than adding floor lights & rock lights. My dealer emailed the local area manager, but they have refused to lift the restriction. Can anyone offer advice on getting the restriction lifted?

I'm having steering & suspension concerns, fortunately my dealer is diagnosing the issues at no cost, but I'll be responsible for any repairs... The restriction applies to the steering & suspension. (The 2 most complained about Jeep issues)

We purchased the Jeep in March 2021 with 16,000 miles on it in good faith that the Warranty was intact. The dealer I bought it from (Wallace Nissan of Kingsport) had no idea (and still doesn't b/c I just got off the phone with him) that there was any kind of restriction on the warranty... The CarFax still shows a perfectly clean history with no mention of any kind of problems/issues with the Jeep.

@JeepCares

Here are pictures of the Jeep when we found it on the lot.

Jeep 1.JPG

Jeep 2.JPG

Jeep 3.JPG

Jeep 4.JPG

Here's a more recent photo of the Jeep:

Jeep 5.JPG
Look at your purchase paperwork. Did they sell it to you with a warranty or without? If they advertised it as having a watery they would lose any lawsuit right then and there.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Might need to lawyer up.
Why?

What possible Jeep suspension or steering repair (the only parts that are restricted) could possibly cost more than paying lawyers fees and waiting for months or years of protracted litigation?

The OP's dealer seems to be very reasonable. Continue to work cooperatively with the dealer.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Why?

What possible Jeep suspension or steering repair (the only parts that are restricted) could possibly cost more than paying lawyers fees and waiting for months or years of protracted litigation?

The OP's dealer seems to be very reasonable. Continue to work cooperatively with the dealer.
So if I sold you a widget for $2000, and it didn’t work, you’d just eat the 2 grand because it’s cheaper than a lawyer?

If the dealer was being cooperative, the op likely wouldn’t have posted the story.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
So if I sold you a widget for $2000, and it didn’t work, you’d just eat the 2 grand because it’s cheaper than a lawyer?

If the dealer was being cooperative, the op likely wouldn’t have posted the story.
That's not even close to the same thing.

"Hey your jeep showed to have a note about the warranty on it."
"oh, okay, I will care if I have a warranty claim that is relevant"
move on.

This is ridiculous. People will find anything and everything to possibly complain about, it is simply too easy to survive in the world these days.

Reactions: VNT

Sponsored

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

To be honest, I would get more trade-in than what I paid for it… Probably to the tune of $4000 more. We are considering doing that, but my wife loves this jeep and does not want to trade it unless we have to.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's not even close to the same thing.

"Hey your jeep showed to have a note about the warranty on it."
"oh, okay, I will care if I have a warranty claim that is relevant"
move on.

This is ridiculous. People will find anything and everything to possibly complain about, it is simply too easy to survive in the world these days.
for the record, I offered the dealer today to pay to bring it back to Mopar specs if they would reinstate the warranty.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently the dealer that red flagged the warranty red flagged every warranty on the jeep so it no longer has any warranty of any kind including the powertrain warranty, corrosion warranty, etc. if we cannot get that reinstated I’m going to get rid of it.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Apparently the dealer that red flagged the warranty red flagged every warranty on the jeep so it no longer has any warranty of any kind including the powertrain warranty, corrosion warranty, etc. if we cannot get that reinstated I’m going to get rid of it.
That isn't how warranties work, and it will likely never matter. Just drive it. Do you never own a vehicle past the 3 year mark? This is an insane way to live your life.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This kind of thread is so fucking dumb. Nobody should give a rats ass about the warranty coverage of shocks and springs. You will never have a claim on them. Ever.
you need to go back and read all of the post, not just the part you chose to pick out. The steering is included in the restriction on the warranty and that is the part I’m having a problem with.
Sponsored