Sponsored

Anyone using their 392 as a daily driver?

craftbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2021 Yukon Denali
I've been using mine as a daily driver for 3 months. I work in commercial real estate so I drive quite a bit for work. Using actual hand calculations I've been averaging 13 mpg overall, and when I have a lot of highway driving those tanks get about 15.5. Luckily I get reimbursed for about 75% of my fuel costs from my company.
Sponsored

clickclickboom

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392, BMW X3M Comp, Audi S4, KTM Superduke
I never owned a Wrangler. How is the cabin noise from the engine? I test drove a 4xe. Everything was great until the 2.0 turned on. It sounded like a turd. Of course there are no 392's on lots for a test drive. I like the sound of a V8, but is it too loud in the cabin?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I never owned a Wrangler. How is the cabin noise from the engine? I test drove a 4xe. Everything was great until the 2.0 turned on. It sounded like a turd. Of course there are no 392's on lots for a test drive. I like the sound of a V8, but is it too loud in the cabin?
Too subjective to answer. Maybe someone has a decibel reading. If you keep it in quiet mode, you can still have a conversation over the phone if that helps.

craftbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2021 Yukon Denali
My daily driver before the 392 was a Tesla Model 3. Very fun to drive but surprisingly loud inside due to electric vehicles being so quiet to run and the all glass roof. I did a decibel meter test in the Tesla on the highway at it was 85-86. Surprisingly, in the 392 with the sky-one touch its 86-88, so not much difference. However, turn on the performance exhaust and that's a whole other story.

Rscx4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Daily commute with mine, about 40-50 minutes depending on traffic. Soft top on in the mornings, Sunrider afternoons, exhaust always open, love every moment of it. And these JLs drive like a gokart, so much fun.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
My daily driver before the 392 was a Tesla Model 3. Very fun to drive but surprisingly loud inside due to electric vehicles being so quiet to run and the all glass roof. I did a decibel meter test in the Tesla on the highway at it was 85-86. Surprisingly, in the 392 with the sky-one touch its 86-88, so not much difference. However, turn on the performance exhaust and that's a whole other story.
Wow, that's shocking. The Telsa felt dead quiet inside going down the freeway, but I was driving the long range non perf edition.

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
Wow, that's shocking. The Telsa felt dead quiet inside going down the freeway, but I was driving the long range non perf edition.
With the Tesla you hear all the road noise, wind, etc. Totally different noise but just as loud imho. ICE cars the motor drowns out all the other noises.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
It isn't the engine that it particularly loud (at least in quiet mode). If you're concerned about noise, I would test drive one on the highway, if you've never been in one on the highway. All Wranglers have a good deal more wind and road noise at highway speeds than modern crossovers.

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Follow-up ? to the half-/full-door? below ... in a hybrid-/full return-to-work, I will have some highway and/or city driving. Thoughts on those who are using their 392 as a daily driver?
Yep. Use mine as a dd but I’m retired so it really doesn’t count. Good lord this thing chews up the gas

First Name
Charles Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 keep gladiator and 2014 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Follow-up ? to the half-/full-door? below ... in a hybrid-/full return-to-work, I will have some highway and/or city driving. Thoughts on those who are using their 392 as a daily driver?
I do kind of. My company provides me with a company vehicle. But if I need to go somewhere after work I take the 392 other than that it’s in the garage until the weekend.

jeepnjam

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
I daily drive mine. I live in a hilly part of town and typically drive about 5-6 miles per day to and from work. Only problem I have with it being a daily is the fuel economy is terrible. I am average 11 -13 mpg depending on driving style. Not a big deal for me though because I don’t drive that far; however longer trips out of town I get around 15-16mpg. To drive from Chattanooga, TN to Sarasota, FL and then back - I stopped for fuel 5 or 6 times.
Sponsored