What does a + 30 offset look like

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Yes. I run a tall-ish Cooper STT Pro tire and when loaded with mud they will rub when stuffed but a dry tire, no issues.
Great, thanks.
Sponsored

Turbomark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude
18x9 +18 offset with 275/70/18. Pokes just enough to look “tough” but not enough to sling crap all over the Jeep. Last photo is with 1” spacer lift.

64B486E6-E42E-40FD-8056-43EF400DF1F9.jpeg

FD19E897-F44C-4B2A-A2A1-0E6889E1F91C.jpeg

1959A674-5407-41E1-A521-19EF2472D3FE.jpeg

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I currently have the Black Rhino Warlord in a -12 offset, didn't realize they would stick out as far as they do, the only other option for this rim is the +30, I absolutely love the Black Rhino Rims in the gunmetal as it perfect for the color of my Jeep. I live in NS Canada, so roads are crappy and backroad even crappier...lol, and we also have ugly winters, too much spitting up side of Jeep from the offset sticking out so far, although the -12 if aggressive and looks good, its not what I wanted
I have only seen -12 on Sport and Sahara models. The Rubicon axles are wider so -12 would stick out quite a bit on yours.

On the other hand, +30 sounds a bit high. Have you tried looking for another wheel in the color that you like?

Please post a picture of your Jeep so we can see what it looks like now.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I have only seen -12 on Sport and Sahara models. The Rubicon axles are wider so -12 would stick out quite a bit on yours.

On the other hand, +30 sounds a bit high. Have you tried looking for another wheel in the color that you like?

Please post a picture of your Jeep so we can see what it looks like now.
You are dead wrong, it would stick out no more than it does on the Rubicon. True that the Rubicon have wider axles than Non-rubicons, but Rubicon fenders are also wider than non-Rubicons buy the same amount.

Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
You are dead wrong, it would stick out no more than it does on the Rubicon. True that the Rubicon have wider axles than Non-rubicons, but Rubicon fenders are also wider than non-Rubicons buy the same amount.
I suspect that we are talking about different things.

I am speaking about the difference between the outer edge of the wheel and the Jeep's body. If I am understanding you correctly, you are speaking about the difference between the outer edge of the wheel and the Jeep's fender.

Wheels with -12 offset are a good way to give a Sport or Sahara a wider, more aggressive stance.

Take a look at Snoopy
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/post-pics-of-your-sport-with-35-tires.17494/page-4

I was hoping that the OP would have posted some pictures so I could see what they look like on a Rubicon. I would expect them to stick out more with the wider axles.

Last edited:

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I suspect that we are talking about different things.

I am speaking about the difference between the outer edge of the wheel and the Jeep's body. If I am understanding you correctly, you are speaking about the difference between the outer edge of the wheel and the Jeep's fender.

Wheels with -12 offset are a good way to give a Sport or Sahara a wider, more aggressive stance.

Take a look at Snoopy
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/post-pics-of-your-sport-with-35-tires.17494/page-4

I was hoping that the OP would have posted some pictures so I could see what they look like on a Rubicon. I would expect them to stick out more with the wider axles.
Well, if the Rubicon and non-Rubicon are fender less, then you are right saying that they would stick out more on the Rubicon since their axles are 1.5 “ wider or 3/4” per side. But if both vehicles have their fender on, they would stick out of the fenders equally since the Rubicon have wider fenders to compensate for their wider axles.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
35" tires and Vapor Fuel Wheels and -18

Naked.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Thanks.

I guess the mud flaps will be necessary since they extend past the fenders.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase