Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Mopar tailgate reinforcement, and @Rough Country Suspensions relocation bracket on the wife's JL while I was waiting for discount tire to mount/balance our tires. With the tire mounted this makes for a very stout combination!
Mopr & RC tailgate.jpg

Must have been a busy day at Discount tire, but a few hours later I had the wheels and tires ready to be mounted on the Jeep.
Setup:
17x8.5 ProComp 5034
35x12.50r17 Goodyear Fierce Attitude
I really like these tires on road. They are extremely quiet, and even at 34psi they seem softer than the factory all terrains. :like:
They did seem to take a lot more weights to balance out than my 37" Coopers and Beadlocks, but they drive nice down the road.

Being that the Jeep is now a few inches higer with the tires & RC 2.5" lift the @ROAM sidesteps are really going to be put to good use.

front left.jpg
left side.jpg
carrier.jpg

Last edited:

DirtyPedro

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F150 4x4
Occupation
US Navy Chief
Nice duo you and the wife have there... really digging the builds! Awesome photos and nice write-up as well. Keep it up, so I can show me wife and get her into building up her JL when we purchase it in 2 weeks.

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
So why did you go with a smittybilt x20 10k winch versus a warn? Just curious on your thoughts on that versus a warn.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
So why did you go with a smittybilt x20 10k winch versus a warn? Just curious on your thoughts on that versus a warn.
I've had both, and never had a failure with either... I like the wireless remote the X2O comes with standard, and love the price. The only smittybilt failure ive seen on the trails was an earlier non water proof model where the clutch lever was corroded in place(owner didn't check it prior to the trip.). Fortunantly I had the tools to disassemble on the trail and we were up and running fairly quick. For the price savings I plan on purchasing an ARB dual air compressor :like:
Now that my wife and I are doing this together I think a nice air compressor is necessary. She will eventually get a small one just to run lockers.

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
Thanks. I was originally going with a zeon 10s but now I'm considering the smittybilt.

RC3

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 392 - '20 JTR - '21 GCL
Installed the Mopar tailgate reinforcement, and @Rough Country Suspensions relocation bracket on the wife's JL while I was waiting for discount tire to mount/balance our tires. With the tire mounted this makes for a very stout combination!
Mopr & RC tailgate.jpg
I am glad to see the RC bracket works with the Mopar bracket. I tried the Mopar bracket alone but it won't take a 38" tire so I need a lift bracket, but the Mopar is too much $$$.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I am glad to see the RC bracket works with the Mopar bracket. I tried the Mopar bracket alone but it won't take a 38" tire so I need a lift bracket, but the Mopar is too much $$$.
I did have to grind a bit of the bottom right hand corner of the RC brackets so it would clear the Mopar plate. If you look closely at the pic you can see the bottom isn't exactly the same from left to right.

Rough Country Suspensions

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1998 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Sales Supervisor

Sponsored

iWantJLU

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord LX
Mopr & RC tailgate.jpg

Must have been a busy day at Discount tire, but a few hours later I had the wheels and tires ready to be mounted on the Jeep.
Setup:
17x8.5 ProComp 5034
35x12.50r17 Goodyear Fierce Attitude
I really like these tires on road. They are extremely quiet, and even at 34psi they seem softer than the factory all terrains. :like:
They did seem to take a lot more weights to balance out than my 37" Coopers and Beadlocks, but they drive nice down the road.

Being that the Jeep is now a few inches higer with the tires & RC 2.5" lift the @ROAM sidesteps are really going to be put to good use.

front left.jpg
left side.jpg
carrier.jpg

Another great looking Jeep! 35's look great as well

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! Now, don't be a Maul Crawler. ;)
We were actually going to go to a local offroad park this weekend, but my wife RSVP'd us to a local Jeep gathering. We did see some fairly high grass :cwl: We all enjoyed it, so I can't complain. I'm still not sure how the kids are going to handle the Rock Crawling I like to do.

31485841_10157403446944937_165394487579770880_o.jpg