Sponsored

Interesting new dealer revenue scheme

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Dealerships trying to rip you off is by no means a new scheme. They're just now advertising it on the window sticker.
Sponsored

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Businesses like Carvana are trying to get people to stay away from normal dealers, but they have their own problems. They have big problems with customer service, things like people not getting their titles and registration so they can't drive their cars, cars getting towed for various reasons, things like that. Some states have cancelled their dealer licenses.
That and it was founded by a felon. But don’t tell me crime doesn’t pay. I think older Ernie is the wealthiest man in AZ.

sfurash53

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys
My dealer last spring was great, we bought an ordered Willys with exactly what we wanted, finance guy came out to say hi as we were paying cash, sales rep took the check and showed us the dealer invoice on the car so I knew how well we did which I already knew thanks to the forum
Then a month later we got a $500 check from the dealer not sure why but we took it
Great experience, Central Jeep in Waterville Maine.
Also no doc fees.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlgUSF

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Nitrogen filled tires=$100
Installation of Nitrogen=$4900
Nitrogen filled tires, the biggest scam ever! The cost of the nitrogen is probably less than the little green caps they would put on the valve stem.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Nitrogen filled tires, the biggest scam ever! The cost of the nitrogen is probably less than the little green caps they would put on the valve stem.
We got the Nitro fill scam on a VW we just bought, told them to take it off the purchase order or we walked, they took it off ASAP. But we kept the cool green caps, lol.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
So, a dealership around here is now adding a "+5000 Customization Allowance" which boosts the Wrangler by 5K. A few weeks ago they had a "Market Adjustment",...

I almost want to call up and ask what I get for the 5K
If the former has replaced the latter, as your post suggests, there's your answer: Nothing

here in LA we have the "urban protection package": 5" thick lexan windows and runflat tires.
With every vehicle purchased, this dealer provided a bible, a folded American flag and a voucher to be used toward the purchase a Smith & Wesson AR-15.

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Dealers need to go away. Theyre becoming such an unnecessary middle man theyre just starting to make most of their profits out of "scams".

We should be able to get a fair price directly from the manufacturer and pick up the vehicle at the service department. Call your bank, get a loan, purchase from jeep.com and youre done.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Dealers need to go away. Theyre becoming such an unnecessary middle man theyre just starting to make most of their profits out of "scams".

We should be able to get a fair price directly from the manufacturer and pick up the vehicle at the service department. Call your bank, get a loan, purchase from jeep.com and youre done.
True, luckily from the reliable sources on this site we can pretty much make the dealer just a small stop along the way to getting our "perfect" vehicle. If I wouldn't have had these "dealers ordering for 5% under invoice" threads on this site I probably would have had to have a traditional pathetic dealer transaction where I spent too many hours trying to get to a happy medium only to end up very unhappy. I might have ended up getting a decent deal but the whole ordeal to get to that point can be a mind-numbing grind :(

So much better just ordering your Jeep from a dealer that isn't ready to punch you in the nut-sack expecting you to like it :(

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
True, luckily from the reliable sources on this site we can pretty much make the dealer just a small stop along the way to getting our "perfect" vehicle. If I wouldn't have had these "dealers ordering for 5% under invoice" threads on this site I probably would have had to have a traditional pathetic dealer transaction where I spent too many hours trying to get to a happy medium only to end up very unhappy. I might have ended up getting a decent deal but the whole ordeal to get to that point can be a mind-numbing grind :(

So much better just ordering your Jeep from a dealer that isn't ready to punch you in the nut-sack expecting you to like it :(
Absolutely. There are still some good dealers our there. But we could all probablt be buying at that 5% below invoice price anywhere if sales dealers got removed from the system.

JOTSCS

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Occupation
Retired and Enjoying it All!
Fun with numbers! Not once, but twice dealer tried the "Up Charge Game" And the windows were only factory tinted too - ya, I did not pay any of this!
Jeep Wrangler JL Interesting new dealer revenue scheme window add ons 1
Jeep Wrangler JL Interesting new dealer revenue scheme window add ons 2

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
with every vehicle purchased, this dealer provided a bible, a folded American flag and a voucher to be used toward the purchase a Smith & Wesson AR-15.
Perfect promotion. Fly the flag proudly at my home, add the AR to my collection and use the book for target practice.
Sponsored

Last edited: