Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Given our builds are 90% the same I know exactly what you mean.
I put on the rock hard skid protectors to address that. Lowers it another 1/2" and I absolutely hate the boat anchor of this JL design. The TJ has a custom long arm kit with coil overs trussed into the frame. Was almost no lower hang.
I sold the TJ few months back so just beefing up the JL now a bit more.

As mentioned before, I don't love the way this new JL drives. I just don't have it dialed in.
I'm hoping the long arm helps with its road manners. Part of my issue is its too rear heavy thats messing with my front/rear weight distribution so this things wanders too much for my liking.

Front new ball joints to stiffen it up. Increase castor another .5 at the same time
I got a new heavy duty sway bar that will install with this change (technically the opposite of doing a currie rear sway bar to loosen it up). May impede travel a bit but need better road manners as I drive all around the west with this rig.
Then the long arm swap. Keeping the Fox 2.5 DSC
BTW what size bump stops do you have in the rear?

Kinda feel like I should have done the UD60 up front, but half pregnant now on existing setup.
I’m running 3” of bump on the rear. The long arms impressed me more on road then I expected. When doing my shade tree alignment, I found that I’m able to run less caster, and it drives great…. This helps me with my bumps to line up better, win win, lol.

I am running LOD all the way around, bumpers and sliders.

What sliders do you have ? I had to weld on my sliders so I could weld on the frame mounts. I could have taken them off, sold them , then buy something else, but I really like LOD and wanted to keep them, so I fabricated a fix for the rear bracket and welded on the front bracket to make them work.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Running RSE steps - love them
They stopped working in a mud run in Moab, but once I cleaned them up and oiled them worked great. Bit heavy once you add the extra slider shell on them.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Running RSE steps - love them
They stopped working in a mud run in Moab, but once I cleaned them up and oiled them worked great. Bit heavy once you add the extra slider shell on them.
Yeah…..if you send me some pics how it’s mounted, I can tell you if it’s going to have to be addressed or not.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 1637884831467

I seem to have a different issue. Freaking Black Friday and this thread.

Stuffed belly, empty wallet ... Thank you for ordering from Northridge4X4
Subtotal:$6,722.20
Tax:$490.72
Total:$7,212.92
Whenever I think about moving out of Oregon I realize I’ll need a 2nd job to cover sales tax on all the parts I order.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation 1637884831467

I seem to have a different issue. Freaking Black Friday and this thread.

Stuffed belly, empty wallet ... Thank you for ordering from Northridge4X4
Subtotal:$6,722.20
Tax:$490.72
Total:$7,212.92
Welcome to the Dark Side. I love my RK long arms with ADS shocks. Rides amazing on the highway and I can bomb down gravel/washboard roads. I’m running the 4.5” coils, which have the highest spring rate from RK, and it rides great empty. When loaded up with camping gear, it rides even better.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Whenever I think about moving out of Oregon I realize I’ll need a 2nd job to cover sales tax on all the parts I order.
I called TP Offroad in S.Orgeon since I'm in NorCal to have it ordered there and drive up. They were struggling with the order and the discounts, so even with zero tax wasn't going to work out. Also they never did a RK long arm install. I will need to get someone else to do the install as I cannot weld.

Sponsored

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Welcome to the Dark Side. I love my RK long arms with ADS shocks. Rides amazing on the highway and I can bomb down gravel/washboard roads. I’m running the 4.5” coils, which have the highest spring rate from RK, and it rides great empty. When loaded up with camping gear, it rides even better.
I'm running the diesel 3.5" springs which are the same measurement as the 4.5" regular ones. Turns out now they are selling 4.5" diesel (were not before), otherwise would have stuck that in the rear and kept the 3.5" in the front. I have the JKS ACOS adjusters each corner to level everything out.
Stupid DEF on the diesel has the whole design different than gasser.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Aren’t they beautiful…:) …8 experienced RK XFactor arms, freshly rebuilt, with all new bushings and raceways.

They have a few scratches and dings, but chicks dig it…..;) ..…..Fronts already pre set for 6.2-6.4 degrees caster, and rears preset for 37s centered in wheel well, and optimal pinion angle for rear springs….…:like: .

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation F0565DA3-0085-4B5B-9FF9-EB3AEA03756D

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Aren’t they beautiful…:) …8 experienced RK XFactor arms, freshly rebuilt, with all new bushings and raceways.

They have a few scratches and dings, but chicks dig it…..;) ..…..Fronts already pre set for 6.2-6.4 degrees caster, and rears preset for 37s centered in wheel well, and optimal pinion angle for rear springs….…:like: .

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler  maintenance & All brands suspension general  conversation F0565DA3-0085-4B5B-9FF9-EB3AEA03756D
Nice you already pre-wrote your for sale ad and when its posted I'm just going copy it and say ditto

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

I’m surprised you haven’t already sold and been contracted to install by one of the FL boys 👍🏻. You do know that is what’s going to happen right :)
Sponsored