TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Nicely done Raven. Glad you don't mind working looking up - I just don't fit well in that position - lol. I figured the interference was coming from the light unit and not the resistor pack - nice job isolating that and shielding it!

I like the halos on at night too - so wiring to the DRL wasn't an option for me.
My halos stay on at night. That "DRL" wire that exists in the factory harness for the fender lights is not just DRLs. It is also powered for "parking lights" which will be on at night with your headlights. Basically my halos and fender DRL LEDs operate exactly like the factory halos and fender DRLs, which is what I was going for. Really the only functional difference between what I did and Oracle's right-to-the-fusebox method is that during the day (in DRL mode) when I apply the parking brake, the halos turn off along with the fender DRLs. If you have yours wired to the fusebox, they will stay on while the fender DRLs will turn off.
Sponsored

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU sting gray sport s
Just installed these on my 21 Willy’s… anybody else feel they’re very dim? On as a drl they’re about as bright as the oems half power. With headlights on you can barely see them.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Just installed these on my 21 Willy’s… anybody else feel they’re very dim? On as a drl they’re about as bright as the oems half power. With headlights on you can barely see them.
You might have a problem. Mine are brighter than the OEMs. You can see them in my avatar pic. These things are highly subjective so perhaps you just perceive them differently but i've parked mine next to an OEM equipped JL for comparison and mine are significantly brighter.

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU sting gray sport s
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler JL Sequential LED DRL & Turn Signals - Morimoto XB LED 5354461A-9340-477F-9225-DB99BC5FF6CA
You might have a problem. Mine are brighter than the OEMs. You can see them in my avatar pic. These things are highly subjective so perhaps you just perceive them differently but i've parked mine next to an OEM equipped JL for comparison and mine are significantly brighter.
yeah I think I figured it out… I changed a few settings via jscan before install and put them back and they’re much brighter now!

Ostranza

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
So did I see someone with a Superchips Flashcal manage to get the DRL DROPOUT DURING TURN SIGNAL to work? Was there more than one setting? I did the TURN SIGNALS -> LED and when I use the turn signal the first time on both sides (with resistors wired in since it would error on splash screen after a few seconds but somehow worked correctly) I lose the DRL indefinitely until jeep is restarted. Is there another setting I need to do in tandem with above one? Current settings in pictures...
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler JL Sequential LED DRL & Turn Signals - Morimoto XB LED 20230912_144911
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler JL Sequential LED DRL & Turn Signals - Morimoto XB LED 20230912_144745
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wrangler JL Sequential LED DRL & Turn Signals - Morimoto XB LED 20230912_144855
Sponsored

Last edited: